Joyetech dolphin is ok for salt nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is no effective known difference between salt nic juices and regular juices. There is less known about salt nic than regular nic though. Salt nic can also actually be several different compounds as just about any acid can be mixed with nic to make salt juice. Myself I don’t trust the stuff. That’s me though. YMMV

Either juice will work as well in a given device assuming similar pg/VG ratio. A high or low VG juice may or may not work well in a given device, but the nic type is not a factor.

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
There is no effective known difference between salt nic juices and regular juices. There is less known about salt nic than regular nic though. Salt nic can also actually be several different compounds as just about any acid can be mixed with nic to make salt juice. Myself I don’t trust the stuff. That’s me though. YMMV

Either juice will work as well in a given device assuming similar pg/VG ratio. A high or low VG juice may or may not work well in a given device, but the nic type is not a factor.
Thanks for the information

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So 50mg is too much. 25mg is that still a lot for the dolphin or I have to go to regular nicotine 18mg lower.
True DL (and I don’t know how true the dolphin DL experience is) usually uses juices between 3 and 12mg. As I said though there’s no real difference by nic type. One cheap way to go is mix your high nic juice with a zero nic juice of the same flavor. If you can get a bottle of zero nic in the same flavor you can cut the juice to whatever nic level you want. Cutting 50mg nic to, say 10mg nic would be 1 part 50mg to I think 4 or 5 parts zero nic... I think... maybe 6? Not sure. Someone with better math skills than me will probably be along.

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
1 part of 50mg + 4 parts of 0mg cuts nicotine to 10mg/ml
Joyetech dolphin is direct output device.with 0.25 ohm coil hits the 50w limit.
you can use up to 10-15mg/ml nic salt.
Ok thanks for everything. Just want something to help me stop smoking. Might look elsewhere for a other pod device.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I look they only have 1.2ohm, 0.6ohm, 0.25ohm that’s what I can find
1.2 ohm is what you vaped before right? Just buy them. The device will behave just like it did and there’s no problem. If you do want to try the sub ohm coil though you’ll likely need lower nic juice is all. You could use it with the low ohm coil and the high nic juice anyway of course. The device will still work. You’ll likely cough up a storm though.

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
1.2 ohm is what you vaped before right? Just buy them. The device will behave just like it did and there’s no problem. If you do want to try the sub ohm coil though you’ll likely need lower nic juice is all. You could use it with the low ohm coil and the high nic juice anyway of course. The device will still work. You’ll likely cough up a storm though.
I tried my friend breeze i do like it was the 1.2ohm. But the device I’m looking at

Vaporesso Renova ZERO replacement pods two pods under 10

Joyetech dolphin replacement coils five pack under 10

Tesla Sliver replacement pods best deal five pods 8-11

Suorin Air replacement pods kinda expensive. 3.95 one three four 10-15

Innokin EQ Those replacement pods are expensive 20 for five packs. I don’t know how long does one pod would last Innokin EQ

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I tried my friend breeze i do like it was the 1.2ohm. But the device I’m looking at

Vaporesso Renova ZERO replacement pods two pods under 10

Joyetech dolphin replacement coils five pack under 10

Tesla Sliver replacement pods best deal five pods 8-11

Suorin Air replacement pods kinda expensive. 3.95 one three four 10-15

Innokin EQ Those replacement pods are expensive 20 for five packs. I don’t know how long does one pod would last Innokin EQ
Lol. Yep. Pods are expensive. All of them. That’s how they get you. It’s called “the razor blade model”. It’s at its most vicious in ink jet printers.
When people say vaping a pod system is more expensive than vaping a regular mod this is what they are talking about.
$2 a coil is likely about as good as it is going to get. You can often get at least the better part of a week out of a given coil, though it varies a lot by user and juice type and stuff.

If you want a vape that costs nearly nothing over time you need an RBA system. They’re more complicated to use and the up front cost is around $100 (or more, depending on how frugal you are) for all the bits. They require more knowledge to use and are kind of fiddly. They are considered the highest quality vape and what the majority of long term vapers use.

There is a middle ground. You could get say, a kroma-a kit which is a mtl carto tank system. The coil cartridges have about the same lifespan but cost about $1.25 each in bulk online. Advantage of this one is while larger, it will vape better than a pod. As good as a decent rba system really in this particular case.

Last edited:

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
Lol. Yep. Pods are expensive. All of them. That’s how they get you. It’s called “the razor blade model”. It’s at its most vicious in ink jet printers.
When people say vaping a pod system is more expensive than vaping a regular mod this is what they are talking about.
$2 a coil is likely about as good as it is going to get. You can often get at least the better part of a week out of a given coil, though it varies a lot by user and juice type and stuff.

If you want a vape that costs nearly nothing over time you need an RBA system. They’re more complicated to use and the up front cost is around $100 (or more, depending on how frugal you are) for all the bits. They require more knowledge to use and are kind of fiddly. They are considered the highest quality vape and what the majority of long term vapers use.

There is a middle ground. You could get say, a kroma-a kit which is a mtl carto tank system. The coil cartridges have about the same lifespan but cost about $1.25 each in bulk online. Advantage of this one is while larger, it will vape better than a pod. As good as a decent rba system really in this particular case.
Yea I get that RBA might be cheaper but I don’t have the knowledge for those kind of vape devices and don’t want to learn about them either hearing about vaping devices blowing up hurting people and even killing people I just don’t need nothing like that. Just something basic that I can use pre filled or refillble pods simple get my nicotine hopefully quit cigarettes. I kinda like a juul pre filled pods simple pop it in and start vaping my friend has one and I love it and he said that they have compatible Juul Pods that I can use in a juul but still refillble is going to be cheaper. Thanks for the suggestions. But also I be hearing that I could get the njoy ace for .99 at Walgreens going there tomorrow.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yea I get that RBA might be cheaper but I don’t have the knowledge for those kind of vape devices and don’t want to learn about them either hearing about vaping devices blowing up hurting people and even killing people I just don’t need nothing like that. Just something basic that I can use pre filled or refillble pods simple get my nicotine hopefully quit cigarettes. I kinda like a juul pre filled pods simple pop it in and start vaping my friend has one and I love it and he said that they have compatible Juul Pods that I can use in a juul but still refillble is going to be cheaper. Thanks for the suggestions. But also I be hearing that I could get the njoy ace for .99 at Walgreens going there tomorrow.
That ace is just as likely to blow up as a modern RBA. Which is to say not really.
The device that blew up was due to having an antique battery holder. Nothing to do with it being an RBA.
Hard to beat a buck though, except that those ace pods are not refillable so you get only 1.9ml for that dollar. That ace you’re so hot for isn’t cheaper than those $2 coils. It’s actually much more expensive because you can only put 1.9 ml through it instead of the 10ml you can put through a refillable. You think njoy can’t do math?
I guess what we have here is a great example of why the razor blade model works.

Last edited:

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
That ace is just as likely to blow up as a modern RBA. Which is to say not really.
The device that blew up was due to having an antique battery holder. Nothing to do with it being an RBA.
Hard to beat a buck though, except that those ace pods are not refillable so you get only 1.9ml for that dollar. That ace you’re so hot for isn’t cheaper than those $2 coils. It’s actually much more expensive because you can only put 1.9 ml through it instead of the 10ml you can put through a refillable. You think njoy can’t do math?
I guess what we have here is a great example of why the razor blade model works.
Alright last question what do you think about the Joyetech magic it’s pod that holds 7ml and it comes with cotton 50 pcs would that be something closer to RBA in some way. I don’t have to buy a pod just change the cotton idk just saw a video on YouTube.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Alright last question what do you think about the Joyetech magic it’s pod that holds 7ml and it comes with cotton 50 pcs would that be something closer to RBA in some way. I don’t have to buy a pod just change the cotton idk just saw a video on YouTube.
Interesting. Never seen one before. I got no idea how it vapes, but YouTube is full of reviews on it as it usually is.
Cotton is nearly free of course. If you run out of their squares you can just cut more out of an unrolled cotton ball. It’s a flat mesh “coil” which does not look replacable. I could be wrong about that though. Hard to say how long that will last. Could easily be months though, assuming you can dry burn it. Coils crud up slower than cotton. It still happens though. If you can’t dry burn it there could be an issue. You’d have to have another way to remove the carbon buildup from the mesh “coil”. Assuming you can’t clean it at all, a cartridge should last at least a few weeks. Just guessing though.

The replacement cartridges can be had for $3 here Joyetech ATOPACK Magic Replacement Cartridge
Even with the higher cartridge price this may be the cheapest pod to run.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread