ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
SAD SAD SAD....

344bf08d1a3ece7b1969181ab374c541

samantha (Support)

Jun 2, 11:42

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. I believe the wire made in construction of the CLR Atomizer Heads are stainless steel but the atomizer itself is kanthal. Please let me know if that information is helpful.

Believe? Lol! Smh

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
this CLR coils seem to be holding up well, I'm still on my first coil for over a two weeks of heavy vaping. I have found that I've wanted to change cotton a few times, and I haven't really dialed in the perfect width of cotton to use. If I don't use enough, I get very light leaking through the air intake. If I use too much, it might tend to burn just a bit with sweeter juices. On the whole, I am much happier with the clr coil than I was with the normal ones, and I liked those well enough. I did try a modification that I like: I used the bottom post that slides in, from a .5 ohm regular coil, in my 1ohm clr coil to give it a little more control over airflow. Now the twist intake has a greater effect. Otherwise the airflow on the 1ohm is fairly low once it gets wet in there.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Really curious to hear what any of you think of their 5-pack of coils for this device??!!

I bought 2 Delta 2's a couple of months ago.
Expensive
$45 each and $17 extra for the RB deck and $25 per box of 5 coils

Each Delta, both came with 2 pre-packaged coils and i have never had such an incredible Vape.
The New Lemo 2 comes pretty close but still not as perfect as the Delta 2 was.
0.5 could Vape at 20-40 although anything over 25 was too much for me and preferred 22w-23w

BUT...then i finally ran out of the 2 coils per package and delved into the 5=pack and it all went downhill atrociouisly.
I went rhough those coils in days, weeks.
Dry hit after Dry hit or even just a slight taste of burning at even just 17w, yet a .5 coil
Finally threw the remaining one coil I had left out out.
Hunted down through forum after forum and kept hearing the same, Delta was the best but the box of 5 coils never even came remotely close to the quality of the 2 coils that came with the atty itself.
Dont know what they did but i dont hink i have seen such disapointment in a atty drop off as quickly as it did for that model.

So Wondering HOW the coils are for this device?
Has anyone yet got into the retail packages of these coils yet?

EDIT:

Just read something elsewhere from a person i haven't any reason to doubt...

Just a word of caution.
I had one of these since it came out, and it always had an issue with turning it on and off (5 click on or off is hit or miss). I kind of got use to it but it's beside my point. A friend of mine bought it from me and last night they turned it off (so they claim) and left it in my car while we went to a movie. When we got back there was a faint smell of fire in my car. We couldn't figure out the source, till she noticed the fire button light illuminated. The ego was so hot it melted the packaging. We ended up throwing it out on the highway because it was auto firing with no cutoff kicking in. So the moral to this is that the auto fire protection is not exactly protecting. I'd say overall this mod is janky and I don't recommend any longer.

heard of this happening yet, anywhere else?

MEANT TO ADD:

Asking my B + M store guy today he said he wasnt going to be geting any Delta heads which I thought was very odd. I dont think he likes them but I knew id not get a straight answer if I were to ask....hence, why I am curious how RETAIL heads for ths devise might be doing?

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Really curious to hear what any of you think of their 5-pack of coils for this device??!!
I've purchased a few singles from a local B&M and haven't had any issues. Excellent vape every time for me. (not for chain vaping, though)

I almost pulled the trigger on a Delta 2 because the Lemo 2 isn't available in black. Then the black Kanger Subox kit came out. The rest is history.

Reactions: vjdossey

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I've purchased a few singles from a local B&M and haven't had any issues. Excellent vape every time for me. (not for chain vaping, though)

I almost pulled the trigger on a Delta 2 because the Lemo 2 isn't available in black. Then the black Kanger Subox kit came out. The rest is history.

That sounds hopeful. If the store is selling them one at a time they are likely from a package of 5 so perhaps they listened to earlier complaints....thanks for that.....still going to listen for a while. Won't buy one unless it has a proven track record so waiting to make sure everyones happy once they get into the 5-packs........thanks for your input.
Yes the firing issue might have been a one off situation......who knows what the person might have done...if its just one time, then it doesnt matter...but waiting to hear if any more come in like that. ( I hope not, I want to like Delta )

Reactions: ephilbe

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I'll never bite on that type of mod again. Ismoka ruined it for me. Almost bit on the heatvape invader but did more research from actual owners that used them for more than a week and passed on it. If it's not Evolv or YIHI based I won't buy anymore. Back on topic, thanks for the specs on the coil fellas I think I'll try a nickel and a kenthal build soon as I kill one.

i am one of those Heatvape Invader people and the people u were speaking to were all buying the #1 version selling on BG. I got one of those to and had to return it a week later and got the #2 version. Huge world of difference.
Now, that said, I love it but for the price i paid, $80, fronm here on in i too will choose for that price range and up to only go with Evolve or YiHi based mods.

I dont mind picking up $26 cheap versions such as the K-Box..not perfect but it gets the job done and for $26 i am estatic with it.

But I am reading this thread, in order, to be honest, to understand why this Ego is popular.
Not trying to be a *dick* but just trying to figure out what it is about this one that you all like?

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Well, although I didn't buy one yet I'll share my opinion since I am following the thread. I think it should have had more popularity actually. What makes it appealing for me, it's what it offers, being the diameter and length especially is quite impressive ( there is no other PV with electronics inside at this length at this capacity) and they made a rebuildable head for the atty as well. Looking forward, when I'm going to buy one I'm going to skip this and get the thinner version just because of the - seemingly fading, ancient nowadays- desire of having as small and light as possible, functional, user friendly e-cig to deliver my vape when I am outside.
Joyetech could even improve this one by making it a regulated device but keeping it simple to maintain the dimensions and making the batteries user replaceable so vapers that go through more that one battery while away from power sources, wont have to buy 2 or 3 units to have as backups.

P.S: It could be that the lack of popularity is mostly driven by that damn light flashing, signaling and doing all kinds of disco lights behind the fire button. This kills it a bit for me :)

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I got one of these (xl version) 10 days ago and I am impressed. It's become my take everywhere be happy device. I'm a mouth to lung vaper (have been for 2+ years), and with the stock 1ohm coil this thing gives me a flat out terrific vape. I'm not saying it's a terrific vape for a simple plug and play device -- I'm saying it's a terrific vape, AND, it's a simple plug and play device.

The view slots on the tank are larger than what I see in earlier reviews and I don't have an issue seeing my juice level -- I don't know if there are other revisions. I do know, mine has spent time standing up, lying down, in my pocket, rattling around in the cup holder of my car, and of course, in my hand, and hasn't leaked or flooded using either the stock 1ohm CL head, or a 1ohm CLR head (with either 50:50 or 60:40 PG:VG).

I really wonder why these aren't more popular. Is it just because they have Ego in the name?

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Fasttech is the only place I know with o-rings, maybe try a 16mm or maybe a slightly bigger one?

I have that package myself. I have not used it yet for any of my gear but I am so tired of metal upon metal getting too tight and fighting with them all the time to come undone that i now do 1 of two things every time I run into that potential problem.

1) I either place one of those o-Rings on top of the mod so it rests inbetween it, on the metal part and between the bottom of the atty. These ones are thin enough that there is a very slight seperation between the two pieces. It really is very slight. But for those that are fanatial about there n ot bein any space at all or of that particular mod/atty doesnt seem to acept an o-ring between it, than I go to 2) for the next fix

2)I will take black electrical tape, cut a circle, square, etc; and take a hole puncher tool to it, punching the hole in the middle so it fits over the 510 adapter so when I place the atty on it does not get in the way but it too prevents the two metals from sticking together.
In my case I keep both these orings as well as tape and am never stuck for one thereby elimiating all metal upon metal tightness issues. With the tape its so thin

IF anyone really needs me to compare this size oRing against my devices in order that you know if it will work for you, I can take photos or slip it on a few to see if it works, let me know but i personally believe they are so inexpensive that you cannot fail to have them in your your vaping toolbox anyhow..

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
There is a new 22mm tank, which fits eGo ONE coil heads: The Amor by Wismec (apparently another Joyetech devision)
Amor_02.jpg

The Wismec heads subsequently should fit the eGo ONE tanks as well and seem to be cheaper.
Too bad the tank isn't sold anywhere. Other than China anyway. It looks like a good use for a clr head.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
i am one of those Heatvape Invader people and the people u were speaking to were all buying the #1 version selling on BG. I got one of those to and had to return it a week later and got the #2 version. Huge world of difference.
Now, that said, I love it but for the price i paid, $80, fronm here on in i too will choose for that price range and up to only go with Evolve or YiHi based mods.

I dont mind picking up $26 cheap versions such as the K-Box..not perfect but it gets the job done and for $26 i am estatic with it.

But I am reading this thread, in order, to be honest, to understand why this Ego is popular.
Not trying to be a *dick* but just trying to figure out what it is about this one that you all like?

Glad you got the invadder sorted out. I almost got in on a group buy for one but the first runs on alot of things that I've bought were sketchy at best even my first DNA 40 board was wonky. I've got $64 to my door on a Sig. 150w and $45 for the extra VS 30w for the wife. I guess I've turned into a vape snob. I was perfectly happy with my cheap devices then got to play with alot of high end toys and the difference in vape quality and flavors was too great to ignore.

Back to the ego one though I like it for the sheer simplicity and the stealth of the 1100 mah I got. Some have had problems with the tank and in all honesty it's a leaky little thing if not put togetner right. The rebuildable heads made a big difference in mine anyway they're small and fiddly but easy enough.

Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I was perfectly happy with my cheap devices then got to play with alot of high end toys and the difference in vape quality and flavors was too great to ignore.
I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment, TB. I think my Ego One (s) certainly have carved their spot out in my vape rotation. Limitations notwithstanding, they were my first subohm experience. With that and price point taken into account, I say they can't be beat. But since then I have picked up a Kanger Subox kit and ultimately, an SX Mini. I can't deny that the progression in vape quality has been staggering. But my stealthy 1100 mah One workhorse is still what goes with me to the jobsite or rougher environs.

Reactions: vjdossey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread