Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
You are most welcome... truly truly a pleasure to have been able to help! Yes, these are life changing and I have the best job in the world :).

...livid...ns... my blood pressure went up just reading that. I may just have to write a letter.

Nope - the were not taking lighters or regular cigs from people (my buddy had his). I was livid - to say the least. Not even sure I can explain to you how upsetting this was...

Thank you for helping me quit smoking BTW!! Best decision of my life. 4 years and finally at a point where cigarettes are just gross to me. Truly an amazing product. Thank you for your advocacy as well. It's clear why you do this, as its such a positive life changing experience that should be shared for those who need help.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Any drip tip... I do not like metal drip tips and I wanted it to be really small in my pocket so I put a stubby delrin on it.

View attachment 381783

I love the idea that there is no topper sticking out that is gonna break off.

But I need to see in hand............will go look

Last edited:

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
handcheck with a business card for perspective:

egriphandcheck.jpg

topview:

egriptop.jpg
I love the idea that there is no topper sticking out that is gonna break off.

But I need to see in hand............will go look

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
My first coil lasted until last night. It was no longer producing enough vapor to be satiating and my kit box with the extra coil is at work. Andy and Dennis told me they were dryburning them at the store so I did mine this AM and voila, it hits like a new coil. So I am still on coil one, but it did need a cleaning.

I did have a problem getting it to fire when I put it back together and it ended up that I needed to unscrew the base that holds the coil in just a teense. Apparently screwing that in until it hits bottom is too tight.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
So my retail manager Dennis has been taking the C3 head and putting the CS top on it... now he says you have the pat down the coils a bit and know that you cannot press the top on completely as the C3 is a bit longer, but those have been working fine...

Can any of you fellow egrip owners see if there is a way to fit a different head, like from Evod maybe?

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I was 12 days into the coil before I dry burned.

I get 6.5oz with a full tank.

No, the battery is hard wired. Not swappable... well not easily swappable lol

So how much time on a coil before you did a dry burn to clean ?

About how much does it weigh ?

Are parts replaceable IF something happened (like a drop)...is the battery swappable too (like if you had swap in a fresh charged one). ?

Really liking the reviews so far....thanks.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok, any of you eGo C users out there? (That would be you Vicky.. lol) Can you give a comparison of flavor and vapor production to an eGo C setup?

I know the coil is built differently, but as long as the experience is similar to or better than eGo C I would be happy. I really like the flavor and vapor you get on on eGo C tank system.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
So far I have not seen a review where someone cleans the tank on one of these, Joyetech say just open the bottom to clean it, but that would be very fiddly looking at it, and what if you get water into the inside, also if you drop it and the glass breaks, what do you do then, send it back to Joyetech for repair or buy a new one, sorry doesn't sound like a good idea to me, would have preferred a removable tank, that could have been put into a bowl of water to clean, and a new tank bought if a disaster happened.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Hey there! I would say vapor is a bit better in the eGrip I had a bit of adjusting of wattage and air to get it feeling right....and nothing beats the flavor of a C head for me, but the eGrip is more than fine.

Ok, any of you eGo C users out there? (That would be you Vicky.. lol) Can you give a comparison of flavor and vapor production to an eGo C setup?

I know the coil is built differently, but as long as the experience is similar to or better than eGo C I would be happy. I really like the flavor and vapor you get on on eGo C tank system.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I disassembled one to check out a port issue. You could pull the top and pull the tank completely out, but it sure would be easier to rinse with say a dropper...

So far I have not seen a review where someone cleans the tank on one of these, Joyetech say just open the bottom to clean it, but that would be very fiddly looking at it, and what if you get water into the inside, also if you drop it and the glass breaks, what do you do then, send it back to Joyetech for repair or buy a new one, sorry doesn't sound like a good idea to me, would have preferred a removable tank, that could have been put into a bowl of water to clean, and a new tank bought if a disaster happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread