Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
It is wider than the iStick (I have one to compare it to), but the iStick will have some atty on top and the eGrip is self contained.
It measures about 3 x 1.75 without the drip tip.

I like the looks and apparent portability of the eGrip (for use outside the home).

How does it compare (in size) to a Nautilus Mini on an Eleaf iStick???

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Certainly!
egripwoodcamo.jpg

Darthpistachio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
United Kingdom
Let me put it like this - I love my rebuildables - would never be without one - but I ordered one of these for the missus as soon as Joyetech UK had them.

I was that impressed with it - I ordered one for myself the very next day.

It is now my vape device of choice whenever I Leave the house - Drive or use the motorbike - I Leave my expensive rebuildables and mods for my reward vaping when I'm at home and now can avoid the very expensive accidents and expletives whenever An expensive mod falls out of a shirt pocket for example.

In short - I have my dna mods and rebuildable atties and I love them..

But these are my devices of choice when out of the house... I'm going to be getting two more so one can be used when the other needs a charge.

Vape: surprisingly good - good throat hit - and great taste with the right juices..

Coil durability: Pretty good - you can (and will) sometimes get bad heads - the first head for the missus device lasted two days and was burnt out - these current heads are lasting - almost a week now with no loss of taste - if these heads last just a week - I wont be that upset with buying them at the current cost per unit - but I am sure that they will come down in price.

Coils have come a long way since I stopped using clearomisers over 18 months ago!

Battery Duration: this surprised me - lasting about a day - to a day and half for me and I vape 5-6ml a day - so pretty damned good! - I'm used to swapping out my 18500 two times a day in my micro coil - cotton rebuildables so this is pleasant,

Hints and tips: Try different drip tips in it - they can greatly affect flavour on this device I have found!.

Using full power isn't necessary really - you'll get decent vape off somewhere in the middle range - with new heads start at about 1/3rd power and work up after a tank or so and you won't burn the head. this is a device that you set according to taste rather than power.. being dual coil heads rated at 1.5 ohms means there are two 3ohm coils in there and they need some heft to burn them out and a slightly slower warm up time too.. the dual coils greatly help with the flavour form this device i believe personally..

Cleaning the tank might prove to be problematic - but keep an old head and use it as a plug with some clean distilled water - fill the tank half way and seal everything up and give it a good shake - a few times should do the trick - try using the same juice in this device consistently and you shouldn't get too many issues as the juice itself is not conducive to bacterial buildup as PG is in itself a bactericide and a fairly effective one. Worth also bearing in mind they used a glass tank and what we can safely assume is stainless steel for the internal metal parts - none of these materials get affected by flavours anything like the variety of plastics used elsewhere - so cleaning shouldn't be too problematic really.. To clean out the "pipe" - I just use a small medical IPA swab and shove it down with the stem of a cotton bud to sterilise the inside.

Would I recommend - definitely! and if Joyetech are indeed making a base to enable use of Kayfun mini decks in the device then it becomes a no brainer as a pocket stealth mod for any advanced user!

Well done Joyetech!

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
  • Deleted by Vicky
  • Reason: Responded with question quoted

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I am afraid I can't compare for you. I am sorry. I can only tell you that I need to screw in that screw a long way for the draw to be as tight as I like it. We should develop a measurement for that.

@Vicky - Not sure if you can tell me or not? I use a Beyond Vapes "Silo" (2.1 BVC) and enjoy it due to the largest air-hole setting. Have you used one of these, and if so, can you make the Egrip just as airy?

I would hate to buy the Egrip only to find the draw is tighter than I like?

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Loving my egrip thus far, don't seem to be able to crank it to 20w without horrible burnt clearo taste but well see how that goes with subsequent coils. Got it wrapped in carbon fiber from vapor skinz.

9afc9a19f83c81b6d8c6890f4f03efc3.jpg

My one aesthetic complaint is the small well on the top cap--larger diameter drip tips don't fit all that well--wish it was completely flat surface. Dropped mine today from about 2 feet and the tank is still in one piece--hope this holds up I really like it and I'm NOT a VW or clearo type guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread