Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungalow

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Pembina
Loving my egrip thus far, don't seem to be able to crank it to 20w without horrible burnt clearo taste but well see how that goes with subsequent coils. Got it wrapped in carbon fiber from vapor skinz.

I'd like to be able to take a few rips at 20 without such a horrible burnt taste
How do you like the wrap?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Wow... I need to buy two of those rebuildable bases.

The eGrip is already great, but having the rebuild option takes it to the next level.

If anyone is listening, for eGrip v2, I would like to see swappable battery (proprietary battery ok if necessary) and greater airflow

RE - "greater airflow" - have you tried removing the screw completely? I've not bought one yet, but I love the airy draw I get with my 'Silo' (Beyond Vape) on the most open setting, and am worried the eGrip might be too tight for me?

bungalow

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Pembina
RE - "greater airflow" - have you tried removing the screw completely? I've not bought one yet, but I love the airy draw I get with my 'Silo' (Beyond Vape) on the most open setting, and am worried the eGrip might be too tight for me?

I have my screw removed completely. I think its perfect air flow, and I love my air flow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
I have been a long time user of the Reo Mini (4 years). It just fits my "VapeStyle", so I was excited to see this. Sure I have looked at VV Reo Grand, but the size was a deal breaker. I've owned many other VV devices including an Ali'i. This is the perfect device for me.

My Black eGrip arrived ONE day after I ordered it from Cignot, within minutes I was vaping. Great flavor out of these proprietary coils, and I hope thats not an issue in the future. Proprietary to me means... good luck finding one in a year. I've been around for a long time and have seen a lot of items come and go so fast you don't have time to break them in. Vicky is so good at what she does, I hope she stocks up so we can use this thing until my battery no longer takes a charge. <grin>

The size is stealthy... as shown in photo below, its not much larger then my Reo Mini. But damn! This thing feels solid. Im sure its just the weight of the batteries (You know how light and cheap products feel without the batteries) but the eGrip sure does feel like a block of lead. It's gotta be double the weight of a Reo Mini in your pocket, not a bad thing, just an observation.

I've only had it for a day and I really enjoy it. Holds a lot of juice (For me a full day vaping), and more importantly, the battery will outlast the liquid in the tank. Nothing worse then a battery dying before your juice tank is empty. Being able to charge while vaping is something none of my previous box mods could do, I know a lot can these days, and its key.

I started vaping back in 2008-2009 and Cignot was my first vender, first ecig, first experience. Vicki holds a special place in my heart :) Even back then when a 510, PCC and modding the filler (Blue Foam) in a mouth piece was all the rage, she was on top of her game! Long go the days of leaking filler material and battery that died after 2 hours of use.

I'll close this out by saying... If you actually took the time to read this post, you are interested in the eGrip. It's a no brainer... pull the trigger and head over to Cignot and order right now. I mean now. You can stop hunting for more reviews and info... What are you still doing here? NOW!!! <grin>

B385sshCQAAuAyu.jpg

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
It's been about a week with the eGrip. Not much to say about it... except its pretty damn awesome. Variable Wattage (8 to 20 watts), holds about 4ml of liquid, 1500mah battery, adjustable air flow, very good tasting coils/atomizer, built like a brick. The black finish isn't that tough, and feel its going to wear off in spots within the next few months.

One thing about variable wattage/voltage on this eGrip. I almost wish it would start off a bit lower. At 8 Watts with the 1.5 ohm coil you are talking about a 3.4 volt device equivalent. Seems low, but it hits harder then a standard ego battery or most 3.7v devices. So much so, I think the starting point might be above the posted 8 Watts. I would say its more like 10watts (feels like 4v or more). That being said, I really love it, just hope it lasts.

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
I love this thing! But I do have a reoccurring issue, not that frequent, but this has happened enough for me to be a little concerned.

I press the button and it just flashes. Seems it just does a quick single flash without firing the atty. I tried to plug it in to charger, nothing, tried power-off and back on, nothing. The only thing that seems to resolve this issue is removing the atomizer base and re-screwing it back in. Seems like its a voltage issue and the protection on the circuit cutting off the voltage to atomizer.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I have had that happen to me and it is the same, I need to unscrew the base and screw it back in. I do not have a reason yet... and I still love it.

The RBA base is in the air and should be here mid next week. :)

I love this thing! But I do have a reoccurring issue, not that frequent, but this has happened enough for me to be a little concerned.

I press the button and it just flashes. Seems it just does a quick single flash without firing the atty. I tried to plug it in to charger, nothing, tried power-off and back on, nothing. The only thing that seems to resolve this issue is removing the atomizer base and re-screwing it back in. Seems like its a voltage issue and the protection on the circuit cutting off the voltage to atomizer.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Ooh the Blue foam days... I remember standing in the pet store looking for the best deal on that cause I was just going to cut it up into bits.

and fear not... there is not a single thing I have ever gotten from Joyetech that they can't still get to me.

I have been a long time user of the Reo Mini (4 years). It just fits my "VapeStyle", so I was excited to see this. Sure I have looked at VV Reo Grand, but the size was a deal breaker. I've owned many other VV devices including an Ali'i. This is the perfect device for me.

My Black eGrip arrived ONE day after I ordered it from Cignot, within minutes I was vaping. Great flavor out of these proprietary coils, and I hope thats not an issue in the future. Proprietary to me means... good luck finding one in a year. I've been around for a long time and have seen a lot of items come and go so fast you don't have time to break them in. Vicky is so good at what she does, I hope she stocks up so we can use this thing until my battery no longer takes a charge. <grin>

The size is stealthy... as shown in photo below, its not much larger then my Reo Mini. But damn! This thing feels solid. Im sure its just the weight of the batteries (You know how light and cheap products feel without the batteries) but the eGrip sure does feel like a block of lead. It's gotta be double the weight of a Reo Mini in your pocket, not a bad thing, just an observation.

I've only had it for a day and I really enjoy it. Holds a lot of juice (For me a full day vaping), and more importantly, the battery will outlast the liquid in the tank. Nothing worse then a battery dying before your juice tank is empty. Being able to charge while vaping is something none of my previous box mods could do, I know a lot can these days, and its key.

I started vaping back in 2008-2009 and Cignot was my first vender, first ecig, first experience. Vicki holds a special place in my heart :) Even back then when a 510, PCC and modding the filler (Blue Foam) in a mouth piece was all the rage, she was on top of her game! Long go the days of leaking filler material and battery that died after 2 hours of use.

I'll close this out by saying... If you actually took the time to read this post, you are interested in the eGrip. It's a no brainer... pull the trigger and head over to Cignot and order right now. I mean now. You can stop hunting for more reviews and info... What are you still doing here? NOW!!! <grin>

B385sshCQAAuAyu.jpg

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com

I guess juice is not the only thing thats subjective in our world. I have the screw still half way in and consider it an "Airy" draw, with little resistance. Im not a "cloud chaser".

Vap0rnomics

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2014
United States
Hey guys. I just finished my updated review of the eGrip RBA base. This is game changing my friends and you can quote me on that. Flavor, vapor, and airflow are PERFECT. I will never use another stock coil again (not that they are bad) but the RBA makes this a whole nother device. Its now time to get another one.

Vap0rnomics

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2014
United States
Do you know what the price point will be yet?

Around $10 US for the RBA base. Also Joyetech is sending me something called the RBA Base 510 adapter which allows you to read the ohms when building. I am not sure if this will come with the standard RBA base kit or if it will be an additional cost added separately. Hopefully I will have more details soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread