Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Does anyone know the voltage when the battery is fully charged?
Strange, NONE of the joyetech specs anywhere specify a voltage. Just 2000mAh and 50w.

50w does compute with the 0.25 ohm coil at 3.6v.

3.6v is considered the nominal voltage for a litium battery, but they are generally charged to 4.2v.

I will get to the bottom of it. I will charge one up Sunday and then dissect it and measure the raw cell votage.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
Strange, NONE of the joyetech specs anywhere specify a voltage. Just 2000mAh and 50w.

3.6v is considered the nominal voltage for a litium battery, but they are generally charged to 4.2v.

I will get to the bottom of it. I will charge one up Sunday and then dissect it and measure the raw cell votage.
Thanks, I'm just curious.

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
They only show amps, not voltage, unless I missed it.

Sry,
I watched the "Ikonn Total" mod video and the Penguin back to back the other day. I think I got confused. He showed the graph on that one with the battery charged and the battery w/ low power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredean

Oct 9, 2014
Canada
I'd like to report that after piercing 2 holes in the .25 ohm coils, I've also mainly been able to get rid of the dry hit issue. I'm able to get around 3 days of consistent vaping in each coil, which is enough for me! One of the problems that I do get is leakage. I'm finding that I always have to take out the cartridge every hour to wipe away the juice between the cartridge and the battery. I even need to take out the coil and wipe it off at the end of the day because the sides are also wet. I can live with that, but do you guys think that they can in some way damage the battery?

Reactions: Thiago C

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Strange, NONE of the Joyetech specs anywhere specify a voltage. Just 2000mAh and 50w.

As promised, dissected one when I got home, and the good news is that I successfully put it back together.

It is standard lipo pack technology, except that it is oval shaped instead of the usual flat packs we see.

At full charge I measure 4.18v which is what I expected. There are no regulation electronics at all except for the battery management. So it is indeed akin to an electronic mech.

20170917_180759.jpg

20170917_180837.jpg

20170917_180817.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
So when fully charged it puts out about 70w (.25 coil), not the 50w they advertise?
Yep.....

Their advertised specs are using the "nominal" voltage of 3.6v, which is rather normal when advertising specs for a lipo device btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: dennism

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
It seems like the .6 clogs up quick.
Yeah, depending on the juice, I can see that. I have gotten several weeks and still going on mine, but I am intentionally using unflavored to extend the life of the coil. I only do flavor on stuff I can rebuild, I tried rebuilding one of these and it was NOT worth the effort.

Problem is, unless you order them from FT, the cartridges are a little expensive.

Reactions: dennism

Sheilita

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
Think i finally figured this out!
When adding a few drops to the coil pack allow for 4 or 5 drops. Then create a plunger vacuum by covering the botton coil hole and use the syrindge dropper to apply a few more drops and pump the syringe while holding the bottom hole with your finger. It works like a clogged drain and the pumping will throw the juice all over the cotton amd coil inside the white coil pack. Clean up any extra juice on the coil pack and give it a go. It saturated my coil quickly and no waiting amd no burned flavor. I dont think the coil will ever wick propperly unless its douched out heavily. Good luck hope this helps
Could you help me? The coil has 3 holes. One on top where the liquid comes and one in the righ and ledr side. Wich hole do I have to cover? I do have problems with my coils now:( I get every time dry hits when I want to use the Halo tribecca liquid. Already trown away 5 coils. I used the originals from the store and some of Ali. Thought I saturated enough the coils. So now I would like to try your way, but don't understand wich hole I have to cover etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread