Joyetech Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredean

Oct 9, 2014
Canada
I have a strong feeling a big reason I get better results than many here is that I am only using unflavored juice.
100% accurate. I normally use a really sweet and dark juice and it clogs up after 3 days tops, sometimes 2. I just got some really clear juices and they're going great on day 6, no change at all in taste.

Reactions: mikepetro

Fredean

Oct 9, 2014
Canada
Could you help me? The coil has 3 holes. One on top where the liquid comes and one in the righ and ledr side. Wich hole do I have to cover? I do have problems with my coils now:( I get every time dry hits when I want to use the Halo tribecca liquid. Already trown away 5 coils. I used the originals from the store and some of Ali. Thought I saturated enough the coils. So now I would like to try your way, but don't understand wich hole I have to cover etc

Set the coil down, take a needle and gently pierce 2 holes right through in the top hole. Completely saturate the coil, set up the device and wait 10 mins for the coil to really saturate. You'll be good to go. What you also need is a clear and light juice. I find, as Mikepetro mentioned earlier, that coils don't go well with dark and really sweet liquids.

Sheilita

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
Set the coil down, take a needle and gently pierce 2 holes right through in the top hole. Completely saturate the coil, set up the device and wait 10 mins for the coil to really saturate. You'll be good to go. What you also need is a clear and light juice. I find, as Mikepetro mentioned earlier, that coils don't go well with dark and really sweet liquids.
Ok the key word is gently..I did pierce the coil but I think I made a hole:(
Thanks I will do it this time like you say:)

ericlin0122

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Calgary, Canada
I love the penguin. It's actually pretty easy to rebuild the coil too. The flat metal strip is not made to last, just cut it off from the cap and replace with your own.
5 wraps spaced 24 gauge SS wire and use the muji cotton (remove skin) cover the coil once is wicking like dream (I mostly vape diy 30/70 juice).
I rebuild coil about every 3 tanks. Still waiting for more coils to arrive from FT (order 4 more penguins and 50 coils).

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I love the penguin. It's actually pretty easy to rebuild the coil too. The flat metal strip is not made to last, just cut it off from the cap and replace with your own.
5 wraps spaced 24 gauge SS wire and use the muji cotton (remove skin) cover the coil once is wicking like dream (I mostly vape diy 30/70 juice).
I rebuild coil about every 3 tanks. Still waiting for more coils to arrive from FT (order 4 more penguins and 50 coils).
I envy you fingers.....

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
One trick I have been doing is soaking my spare cartridges in unflavored juice in a pill bottle for a week or more, actually I just keep a bunch there until I need them. Havent had a priming issue since doing this, reduces the infant mortality rate.

20171008_103528.jpg

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Doesn't that get a bit messy?
Not too bad. I keep a micro-fiber rag around at all times anyway with my vape build stuff. Pull one out with a pair of tweezers, dump it in the rag and wipe it off. Much less hassle than fiddling with priming the cartridge.

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
One trick I have been doing is soaking my spare cartridges in unflavored juice in a pill bottle for a week or more, actually I just keep a bunch there until I need them. Havent had a priming issue since doing this, reduces the infant mortality rate.

20171008_103528.jpg

I like that idea a lot. Will order me some more coils and give it a try as I'm down to one after blasting through a 5 pack with 3 tossed.

Curious if anyone has tried to read the ohms of the coils to see if they're reading accurate and possibly too low and over heating?

Reactions: mikepetro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I like that idea a lot. Will order me some more coils and give it a try as I'm down to one after blasting through a 5 pack with 3 tossed.

Curious if anyone has tried to read the ohms of the coils to see if they're reading accurate and possibly too low and over heating?
I spot check a few, and the 0.6 varied a little between 0.5 - 0.6

Reactions: TJVapes

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I had been eyeballing the Penguin for a couple weeks now. After stumbling across this thread, I decided to pull the trigger. I ordered it from Hong Kong , so I may see it before the New Year! Ha! I have no idea how fast shipping will be.

Interesting. Couldn't you get it from China?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I got my Penguin monday (The purple one of course). I used it without issue until tonight with the first coil head. Tonight it started leaking like you would not believe. I think I might have burnt the coil a little bit as I wasn't watching how full my tank was while gaming...OOOOOPS. Got a slightly nasty hit and then the leaking started. Fortunately I had ordered 2 5-Packs of coils when I ordered the device. I run 60VG/40 PG juice.

I love this little thing and plan to pick up 2-3 more as cashflow permits. I think a set of 3-4 would be fabulous for those all day road trips the hubby and I tend to do now and then. Just pre setup all of them and swap out when the tank gets low. At the low price point if I lose or break one I won't cry over it like I would one of my REOs.

A FYI for those that are interested. I have charged my Penguin off my mophie (6000 MaH) USB battery unit. Works just fine and goes just as quick as from the wall or computer. So that is another option when on the go. Hey I live in Hurricane country battery backup is a thing. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread