Joyetech ProCore Aries & Eleaf ELLO Coils are Compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
If anyone is curious, Joyetech's new ProC coils in the ProCore Aries are compatible/swappable with Eleaf's new HW coils in the ELLO and ELLO Mini.

Joyetech's ProC1 is a more airy draw than the HW1 & HW2. I personally much prefer the flavor of these new Joyetech coils as well so now I know I can get some use out of the iKonn I bought, especially since I like the ProC1 most at 50w and that's exactly what the iKonn is supplying on a fresh battery.

34423869261_b7814ca9e2_b.jpg

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
ProCore Aries Tank & Aries vs ELLO Mini thoughts plus a ProC1 & C2 coil comparison...

The Joyetech ProC1 coil comes with both the mod and the tank if purchased separately. It's got a large diameter opening than the C2 and has a very airy draw. For one of my all day vapes, it's the best coil I've ever tried with it. That juice has a little more throat hit though, and on devices with less air flow, it can be a bit much at times. I'm still using the same coil after 3 weeks and 60ml+ on just that coil, and it's still just as good which is blowing me away. Usually I stretch a coil to two weeks but would prefer dumping it after one, no matter what coil I've used in the past 7 years.

I bought two extra Aries tanks, and I tried the C1 with another all day vape, but even if I minimize the air inlet, it's just too airy and it's like inhaling flavored air with no feeling of a hit. So I decided to try the C2 with that juice and its great. I can leave the tank wide open but it's a tighter draw and feels and tastes great.

Like the picture shows above, I tried the ProC1 in the Eleaf ELLO Mini. I like it much more than the Eleaf HW coils. That tank has limited airflow to begin with so I think it works much better with the wide open C1. In the ELLO Mini, the C1 is more restricted than in the Aries though. Even though I prefer the C1 in the ELLO Mini over the HW coils, the C1 still tastes much better in the Aries. The whole experience of the Aries is better to me. Also, I've had some minor leaking with the HW1, the HW2 and the ProC1 in the ELLO Mini, but zero leakage in any of the three Aries I have.

I'll be getting the Pico 25 with the ELLO, the 25mm version of the ELLO Mini, and I'm curious to see how that works with the C1, especially since it has no chimney at all really with the 2ml glass. I'm interested to see how the HW coils work in that tank compared to the Mini as well.

ProCore_Aries_04.png

34330285285_ea1ccfd009_b.jpg

34330285725_b9485250e8_b.jpg

Reactions: lil_buddy

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Hi Garnoch, I'm pretty much on the verge of buying a Cuboid Tap / Aries kit, but I wonder..
The Aries Tank is said to be compatible with the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils.. Would this mean it's also compatible with the TFV8 Baby RBA ? As there is no RBA for the Aries Tank (yet), It would make a winner if the SMOK Baby RBA fits in there..

I've been considering the Tap too. If the tank is compatible with the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils, then the RBA should work fine, but I can't confirm the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils are actually compatible for you.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I'm using my BBB coils in the ProAries tank and it works just fine, but I have noticed that my coil is trying to go out on me, it's only been a couple of days, in my BBB they last at least a week (I use sweet juice). I'm not sure what would cause that. I love the ProAries tank itself, the design and such, but I'm just not getting the same flavor for some reason. I love the BBB, but for some reason, mine are ALWAYS leaking and I can't figure out why that is either! Ugh, I feel like I'm starting all over!

Reactions: Garnoch

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I couldn't get the ProCore Aries coils to work in my Eleaf IJust NexGen stick. They wouldn't screw in like the Ello coils do. Haven't tried them in my actual Ello tank yet. I solved my problem by buying an actual Aries tank. I really like how the Aries is vaping with Pro C1-S coils.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I couldn't get the ProCore Aries coils to work in my Eleaf IJust NexGen stick. They wouldn't screw in like the Ello coils do. Haven't tried them in my actual Ello tank yet. I solved my problem by buying an actual Aries tank. I really like how the Aries is vaping with Pro C1-S coils.
Yea, the Aries tanks are pretty great! The biggest things I've noticed are, it's got 2 fill hole instead of 1, doesn't leak like crazy and the paint isn't chipping off already! I really don't like the tip though, that's a hard one for me to get over! I'm trying to find a cover, maybe something that's not slanted, but the only thing I'm finding is pretty expensive and for an aspire tank so idk if it'll fit.

Reactions: Garnoch

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Yea, the Aries tanks are pretty great! The biggest things I've noticed are, it's got 2 fill hole instead of 1, doesn't leak like crazy and the paint isn't chipping off already! I really don't like the tip though, that's a hard one for me to get over! I'm trying to find a cover, maybe something that's not slanted, but the only thing I'm finding is pretty expensive and for an aspire tank so idk if it'll fit.

Totally agree that the two file holes are awesome for filling while the other is used for air. That's a huge plus. And no leak issues are great too. I've tried the ProC1 in 3 kinds of tanks and it noticeably best in the 4ml Aries. Great tank all around. I actually love the tip a lot though.

Reactions: Pheric

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC

That really odd. I haven't tried any ProC coils in the IJust NexGen, but I have tried them in the ELLO and ELLO Mini and they worked perfectly. I just don't like either of those tanks as much as the Aries.

Being the Pro C1-S is for MTL, I'm curious how you like it with such a large opening on the Aries.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I never could get a good flavor out of the coils, BUT that isn't saying much for me, if any coil uses a different component, whether it's a different kind of cotton or metal, that's all I can taste until I get used to it. It's hard for me to give an accurate opinion bc I know that for some reason my palate is just so sensitive, which is so annoying! It's that way with food too, not just vape.

As far as the tip, again, I think it's just different, I don't love change LOL. I think it could grow on me, just needs more time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Hi Garnoch, I'm pretty much on the verge of buying a Cuboid Tap / Aries kit, but I wonder..
The Aries Tank is said to be compatible with the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils.. Would this mean it's also compatible with the TFV8 Baby RBA ? As there is no RBA for the Aries Tank (yet), It would make a winner if the SMOK Baby RBA fits in there..
I've been considering the Tap too. If the tank is compatible with the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils, then the RBA should work fine, but I can't confirm the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils are actually compatible for you.

So, has anyone confirmed that the Smok RBA indeed works in the Aries/Ello yet? All I have right now is the Ello that came with one of the Pico 25s that I bought. Not sold on the tank yet, but if I can buy an RBA for it (instead of coils for just that one tank), I'd be really interested. FYI, I have no experience with any SMOK tanks, so will need to know if the SMOK Baby RBA is worth seeking out.

Reactions: Pheric

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
So, has anyone confirmed that the Smok RBA indeed works in the Aries/Ello yet? All I have right now is the Ello that came with one of the Pico 25s that I bought. Not sold on the tank yet, but if I can buy an RBA for it (instead of coils for just that one tank), I'd be really interested. FYI, I have no experience with any SMOK tanks, so will need to know if the SMOK Baby RBA is worth seeking out.
I was looking on the vapewild website and they said there is a slightly bigger piece of glass that comes with the kit, because the RBA is slightly taller than the standard coils. I know that's not an answer but it no longer looks like a sure thing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I was looking on the vapewild website and they said there is a slightly bigger piece of glass that comes with the kit, because the RBA is slightly taller than the standard coils. I know that's not an answer but it no longer looks like a sure thing.

Damn! Of course, it wouldn't be a simple swap... That would be too easy! :p Now, if someone who has both tanks *and* a set of calipers to measure whether the RBA glass will fit the Ello/Aries... :rolleyes:

Not a biggie, I just have the one tank, so I will only use it occasionally to make the coils last longer until I find out whether it's worth holding onto. Not investing more into this tank until there's an RBA for it. I've got other 25mm tanks. :thumbs:

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Damn! Of course, it wouldn't be a simple swap... That would be too easy! :p Now, if someone who has both tanks *and* a set of calipers to measure whether the RBA glass will fit the Ello/Aries... :rolleyes:

Not a biggie, I just have the one tank, so I will only use it occasionally to make the coils last longer until I find out whether it's worth holding onto. Not investing more into this tank until there's an RBA for it. I've got other 25mm tanks. :thumbs:

Well.... There's always the other version of the Aries, the ProCore Remix.

ProCore Remix - Joyetech

ProCore_Remix_03.png

ProCore_Remix_04.png

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Damn! Of course, it wouldn't be a simple swap... That would be too easy! [emoji14] Now, if someone who has both tanks *and* a set of calipers to measure whether the RBA glass will fit the Ello/Aries... :rolleyes:

Do you also have other 25mm glass then? I'm not sure how accurate fastech's measurements are, but you could use that as a guide to see what size glass you need.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
The wife (still on stinkies) asked if I needed anything from town so I asked for an x4 coil for a baby beast. Well she went to a tobacco shop and did return with a baby beast coil but it's the dual version 0.15 ohms. It works well in the ello, and so far wicks better than the hw3 that came with it. Hw3 will go dry on me when chain vaping. I never got a chance to try the hw4 much because the mod tumbled off the table which caused the coil to separate and dump the full tank. I'm hoping the Smok coils are sturdier as well.

Upon closer inspection they did sell her the right coil. It took my glasses and a magnifying glass under direct light to see the logo on the other side of the coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread