Joytech fans , not surprising at all actually .

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
That's disappointing. I've been eyeballing the RX200 for a while now, but I prefer all my gear to be cross-compatible, and I know I have at least one atty (Magma rda clone) with an excessively long 510 connector.

For the price i think it's still a solid choice , you can always replace the 510 but you shouldn't need to do that . Is it really too much to ask for a durable 510 on a device like this lol.

I was told the dna 200 model has the same one , now that would really piss me off considering the price.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
For the price i think it's still a solid choice , you can always replace the 510 but you shouldn't need to do that . Is it really too much to ask for a durable 510 on a device like this lol.

I was told the DNA 200 model has the same one , now that would really piss me off considering the price.

:blink:
Solid choice?
:facepalm:
They knowingly installed an inferior part and refuse to repair, replace, or even acknowledge their mistake.
That's shady, not solid.
That's also setting customers up for failure.
Stop defending thieves.

I would blast that company all over the net if they screwed me like that, and I will never recommend a joyetech product again.

Now I'm ...... because I actually recommended one of these to a friend, who owns it and uses a TFV4.

This industry is filled with scams and shadiness, and people make excuse after excuse for them.
Enough with the excuses.

Do good business or go home.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
this isn't an issue specifically with that mod and particular other tanks/toppers;
it's a general issue with the 510 interface;

it is the reason some mods come with a spring loaded centerpin;
and if a mod comes with a spring loaded centerpin but doesn't go down enough then it's a design flaw

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
this isn't an issue specifically with that mod and particular other tanks/toppers;
it's a general issue with the 510 interface;

it is the reason some mods come with a spring loaded centerpin;
and if a mod comes with a spring loaded centerpin but doesn't go down enough then it's a design flaw

It's an issue with using inferior parts, misleading the customer, and attempting to pass blame on others, rather than recall or offer a solution.

It's amateur level, and if they were stateside they would be held responsible.

Joyetech/jaybo/wisemec just lost all my confidence and support.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
:blink:
Solid choice?
:facepalm:
They knowingly installed an inferior part and refuse to repair, replace, or even acknowledge their mistake.
That's shady, not solid.
That's also setting customers up for failure.
Stop defending thieves.

I would blast that company all over the net if they screwed me like that, and I will never recommend a joyetech product again.

Now I'm ...... because I actually recommended one of these to a friend, who owns it and uses a TFV4.

This industry is filled with scams and shadiness, and people make excuse after excuse for them.
Enough with the excuses.

Do good business or go home.

Your 100% correct , i take back my "solid choice" comment , i clearly wasn't thinking rationally , man , i get to get it together lol.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
It's an issue with using inferior parts, misleading the customer, and attempting to pass blame on others, rather than recall or offer a solution.

It's amateur level, and if they were stateside they would be held responsible.

Joyetech/jaybo/wisemec just lost all my confidence and support.

Again your absolutely correct , it is surprising so many seem to not care about their extremely poor customer service and non warranty coverage . That has always made me shake my head .

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
The solutions are pretty simple. You can live with the gap, or throw in a thin SS washer to act as a shim (my preferred approach) so it can sit tight, or be a complete ....., bottom out the 510 and force past bottom and ruin your 510.

"When a finger points to the moon. The imbecile stares at the finger."

So Smok is using a 510 much longer than standard, near Magma levels of bad, users tighten to the point of bottoming out, then force past the obvious resistance to make it sit flush damaging the 510 on the mod in the process and its Joyetech's fault because users are idiots and a Smok intentionally ignores the industry standard?

Yeah keep staring at the finger.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The solutions are pretty simple. You can live with the gap, or throw in a thin SS washer to act as a shim (my preferred approach) so it can sit tight, or be a complete ....., bottom out the 510 and force past bottom and ruin your 510.

"When a finger points to the moon. The imbecile stares at the finger."

So Smok is using a 510 much longer than standard, near Magma levels of bad, users tighten to the point of bottoming out, then force past the obvious resistance to make it sit flush damaging the 510 on the mod in the process and its Joyetech's fault because users are idiots and a Smok intentionally ignores the industry standard?

Yeah keep staring at the finger.

Smok isn't the only company that makes attys that can void the warranty.

Joyetech is one of the oldest ecig companies on the planet.

No way they didn't know this would happen when they designed it.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Smok isn't the only company that makes attys that can void the warranty.

Kanger subtanks come to mind. Buddy bought 2 istick30s at a shop and lucky had them replaced/refunded, but the subtank don't sit flush (even with the spring loaded pin)

Users want a flush look? IMO its user error when they apply too much force and snap/break the 510.

Joyetech being shaddy? That's nothing new. "Organic glass" tanks melting from ejuice, voided warranties on all ego one products that have a "broken" button (no click responce) no matter if it came doa or not.

If anything, smok should put out the psa that "they do not accept responsibility for damaged to mods they're atomizers cause"

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
JoyeTech is terrible with that stuff. Their stance from what I have seen is, their devices are to be used ONLY with their atomizers/tanks and any other use will void warranty. I could be wrong but that is the impression I got. When i had all sorts of issues with the eVic VTC mini using TC, they mentioned that, even though I was using their EGO ONE tank that came with it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Kanger subtanks come to mind. Buddy bought 2 istick30s at a shop and lucky had them replaced/refunded, but the subtank don't sit flush (even with the spring loaded pin)

Users want a flush look? IMO its user error when they apply too much force and snap/break the 510.

Joyetech being shaddy? That's nothing new. "Organic glass" tanks melting from ejuice, voided warranties on all ego one products that have a "broken" button (no click responce) no matter if it came doa or not.

If anything, smok should put out the psa that "they do not accept responsibility for damaged to mods they're atomizers cause"

There is no such thing as "organic glass".
No ejuice will crack or affect any glass.

Our tanks use "borosilicate glass".
Same glass used in laboratory glassware. It has a higher resistance to thermal shock, and China mass produces tons and tons of it.
Atty manufacturers buy stock tubes in the proper diameter, then cut and flame polish the ends.

Reactions: defdock

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
There is no such thing as "organic glass".
No ejuice will crack or affect any glass.
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Their ego one line (not sure if still is) was marketed to have an organic glass tank and driptip. Poured in some mint ejuice and had my tank melt along with the drip tip- nice marketing!

Along with a tiffany blue mini kit that came doa with the battery broke (autofire, no click) and was refused a return/refund because it "was my fault" that it was broke before/durring shipment to my house.

I can't trust joyetech

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
A thick rubber o-ring would work as well. It sucks that we need workarounds for a new product but you really can't ask for much for a 200 watt mod that costs $40.

It's sad that I agree with this.

Last edited:

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I have to RX's. darn TFV4 wouldnt screw on all the way to the deck but didnt think to much about it. eventually I had tightened something down to tight and my 510 died. Put FDV 510s in them both and have never worried about it again. Yes it sucks that I had to replace teh 510 myself, but other than the janky 510 teh mod is pretty damn solid. Love teh hand feel, love the power and TC. I still dont regret buying them.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I have to RX's. darn TFV4 wouldnt screw on all the way to the deck but didnt think to much about it. eventually I had tightened something down to tight and my 510 died. Put FDV 510s in them both and have never worried about it again. Yes it sucks that I had to replace teh 510 myself, but other than the janky 510 teh mod is pretty damn solid. Love teh hand feel, love the power and TC. I still dont regret buying them.

Now if vapers knew this going into the purchase it would be fine.
They knew it was a problem and hid it until someone tried to use the warranty.
That's about as shady as it gets.
I won't reward shadiness with profit.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
And thats a very good point. They should have something in the product literature about that. My local shop has a small sign above them in the display about it, and that is one of the services they offer, 510 replacement... hell they normally have a few in the case with a FDV in it already. when they sell them they do mention it though.

when you look into product history of almost every company you will find items like this. Gm had the ignition issue, lots of car companies now have the airbag issue, dodge had the frame rusting and breaking issue, Pioneer4you had the LI3 with the non-functional touch sensor... Im not condoning this issue, Im just playing devils advocate a bit... it comes down to buyers need to do research and if they are not willing or able to solve this problem they should get a different mod, of which there are plenty to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread