Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Has your juice Consumption increased much if your uesing a sub ohm tank RTA, RDA with high wattage device.
I bet juice Vendors are loving this trend.
Please share you observations if you've noticed you are using more juice. Or less juice but I doubt that Also throw in how much you've cut your nic and how much.

LJGma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
NV
Oh yes! I have now put my new sub tank and 50 watt away for some rest LOL I will go back to my 20 with my regular aspire clearomizer .. I take the 20 to work with me any way, I guess I am not ready for the 50 with the new artic sub...
Cut my nic from 6 to 3 ... and my Juice dealer is not gunna be happy LOL

Last edited:

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
As soon as I crossed into sub-ohm builds (.4-.5) I upped my daily consumption by around 3ml. Right now I'm at about 6ml per day and my nic dropped to 3mg.
If I were still buying retail liquid I would probably have stuck at a higher resistance but DIY is so cheap that I dont even think about it anymore.
Recently, I was on the site I used to frequent the most, just kicking around and I was shocked at what 30ml goes for these days. Yeow. Not much cheaper than smoking at my current consumption.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
As soon as I crossed into sub-ohm builds (.4-.5) I upped my daily consumption by around 3ml. Right now I'm at about 6ml per day and my nic dropped to 3mg.
If I were still buying retail liquid I would probably have stuck at a higher resistance but DIY is so cheap that I dont even think about it anymore.
Recently, I was on the site I used to frequent the most, just kicking around and I was shocked at what 30ml goes for these days. Yeow. Not much cheaper than smoking at my current consumption.
Yea some of the vendors are pretty high. I spend not quite a a dollar a day for juice If I didnt travel so much Id go back to DYI juice.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
LOL ive been "subohming" for 1 year now , back when I just started vaping my first build was a subohm and I didnt even know what that meant . Have you tried dripping with 2 , 24gauge , 4 wraps wires and 2 18650s fully charged , the vapor is so hot it will kill you . i dont do that anymore though

As for juice consumption , at 12mg I vape around 6ML a day
At 3mg I vape 10 - 20 ML a day

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
and you know whats funny , the thing that got me off smoking was dripping . Vaping like a normal cigarette ( mouth hits ) regardless of the nic level doesnt get the job done , I might feel satisfied but I still want a ciggie . With dripping , I find it BETTER than smoking and thats why it works for me , when quitting smoking , you need to find something that you like BETTER than smoking in order to quit , not something that is equivalent

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I've been using a Nautilus Mini on an iStick 50. Was vaping 3 ml a day (filling the Nautilus Mini 2 times a day) of 15 mg doing mouth to lung hits. Started doing direct to lung hits and realized that since I was taking in much more vapor, I needed to drop the nicotine strength. Dropped it down to 6 mg and now my juice usage has increased by 50 percent (filling 3 times a day now). And I have been craving nicotine much more (to the point where this evening I actually started getting the shakes). Need to up my nicotine level back up to around 12 mg.

i don't cut nic level when I drip (didn't want to buy new e juices just so i can drip), so I vape much less when i'm dripping because of the higher nicotine hits i get. 1-2mL/day of 24 mg e juice at 1.2 ohm resistance coil and 9.5 watts setting. I take 5-7 big puffs, (savoring the strong flavor and the nic high) put down the PV and forget about it until I crave it again, then come back and take the puff again, just like what you'd do when you're on analogues - not a good, positive metaphor, but you know what i mean. Dripping can be economical if you don't subohm or lower down the nic level to chain vape. You know, RDA's not only for subohming. RDA also means more flavor, cloud, and less money on changing coils as clearomizer requires.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
About 80 watts.
Exactly 50 mg.

Consumption has decreased since.

Tapatyped
What?

I only used regular tanks for a little bit and was vaping 5ml. When I started dripping I stayed anout the same until I found quality juice for cheap. Since then its between 10-20ml a day all depends what I got going on.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
What?

I only used regular tanks for a little bit and was vaping 5ml. When I started dripping I stayed anout the same until I found quality juice for cheap. Since then its between 10-20ml a day all depends what I got going on.

beckdg is classified as legally handicap he can only use one hand cause the other always has a PV in it ,and he can only see about 3ft cause of the ever present vapor in front of him ;-)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

50 mg/ml

24Ga kanthal
Dual coils
About 0.2 ohm

885c7900d00e2e1ef71cd3f93c308ea2.jpg

Tapatyped