Juice not lasting as long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

I started vaping about a month ago with a set of Vison eGo-T batteries and V2 Clearomizers. I smoke nearly a pack of menthols a day so started with the 18 nic Peppermint.

When I started vaping, I stopped using cigarettes altogether. My V2 tanks can hold 1.6ml of juice. At the end of the night, just before bed, I would swap batteries and fill my tank. By the end of the next day, I would have smoked half, or a little more than half, of a tank bringing me down to just under the 0.8ml mark. This routine continued for a few weeks.

After those few weeks went by, I dropped my unit onto a tile surface and to my dismay, it didn't appear to be damaged. Soon after, however, I would learn the hard way that my tank was now leaking.

No big deal - I have a spare as I did buy two units to start. I had been swapping batteries all this time but my second clearomizer had been in a drawer as a spare (whew). When I pulled out the spare, the rubber gasket at the top of the lip where the puffer piece (I think called the cap) had not been glued properly and was falling off into the tank. Fewey. Now I have two bad tanks!

I continued to use the leaking clearomizer but made sure to keep it in an upright position until the following weekend when I could get to my e-smoke shop.

There, I told the guy I didn't care much for the V2 tanks so purchased two Vision V3 tanks. I use one and once again have a spare.

I've been using the new tank for a little over a week now and here's my problem - I'm running out of juice quickly, too quickly I think. On the V2's, I could smoke all day and have a half a tank left before bed time. Now, I'm running out of juice mid-afternoon and have to fill up hours before I go to bed. And by that time, bed time, I'm down a quarter or a half a tank again.

:confused: Now, of course, I'm trying to figure out why my juice keeps running out so much faster than it did in the V2s. Is it the Clearomizer? Could I just subconsciously be smoking it more? To be clear, I should tell you that I'm using the same batteries that came with my Vision kit AND my new clearomizer does not leak AND my juice is the same - 18 nic Peppermint.

Any information someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

hydrogenous

May 2, 2013
Boston
I bet you are just vaping more. I chain-vape all day at work and can go through 2.5mL/day easily.

Generally, your system is going to get less effective the more you use it. Wicks will not wick as much, batteries will drain, holes get clogged. Personally I notice the exact opposite: the older my atomizer is, the slower I go through juice. If you've been swapping out coil packs, as a previous poster mentioned, you may have inadvertently swapped to a lower resistance coil. That could burn through juice faster, and you'd notice your battery draining more quickly as well.

Easy solution? Start buying your juice in bulk.

Vape Addict - I didn't realize the different heads had different resistances. As best as I can remember, the heads on the V2s looked the same as the V3s. I can't compare as I've thrown my old broken V2s away. Also, even if they look the same on the outside, the inside could have been designed differently.

Thank you all for your responses. As you can tell, I'm not only new to this forum, but vaping as well. Apparently I still have a few things to learn.

Happy Vaping to all!!

I've noticed that when I first started with my eGo-T with a CE4 clearo, the juice lasted longer. When I tried a CE5, seemed like I started using more juice. As my setup evolved into my current one, swapping between my Kanger Evod and my Vivi Nova, I've noticed that my juice use has sort of leveled off. I will admit, that since I started vaping, I do tend to draw longer than I did when I was on analogs, and for me, I think it's just an enjoyment factor of whatever flavor I happen to be vaping at the time. Currently I've got Cinnamon Red Hots (from Goodejuice) in my Vivi Nova, and I know the Cinnamon issue with the plastic clearos, which is why I've got a spare tank for my Nova, Thug Juice (from Mt Baker Vapors) in my Kanger Evod. My Vivi Nova holds about 3.5 ml of juice it's my currently all day vape, and I usually fill it every day and a half or so. My Kanger is my occasional vape and at 1.7 ml, it usually lasts me about 2 days when I use it alot. In my opinion, it's more personal usage than anything.

As far as the different resistance of the heads, some clearos/tanks do come with the option of different ohm heads and from what I've learned and still learning the different resistances might also effect the juice usage but I might be wrong on that point since I haven't had the chance to check the ohms on my Kanger or Nova as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread