Juice seepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8Maverick

Apr 19, 2018
Not sure which sub-forum to put this in, so I guess it can go here and if a mod decides this isn't the place it can be moved?

Whenever I go to take out my batteries put them to bed in their external charger, I find that they are coated in a thin film of ejuice, well sometimes more than just a film, sometimes they are wet with ejuice.

I seem to have, and to be honest have had this problem with all manner of mech mods and rdas over time, but is there a way to stop it...?

Somehow it seems to be getting down through the 510 and into the battery well without being on the outside of the mod. How is this even possible? The RDA is well screwed in place, I don't even see how it could be ingressing under the rda, into the 510 and then ending up in the battery compartment. It's driving me mad.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Check to see of the RDA is leaking through the 510 pin. Many RDA's have a removable 510 pin so you can replace it with one designed for squonking and they also have a "drain" that leads down to that pin for that purpose. So if it isn't sealed properly juice can leak from around that pin. If that is the culprit maybe try pulling and reseating that pin, or even replacing the o-ring around it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are you using a direct battery (hybrid top) mech mod? These don't have a center pin in the 510 connector, so they would easily allow e-liquid to get into the battery compartment.

-vgod-pro-mech-2-.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Are you overdripping? What wicking material are you using? Maybe try Rayon? I will say I used to get really bad leakage due to my early build attempts and yes, I have had leaking directly down into my mod without a TON of leaking anywhere else (although, I've had both issues). If you are using an RBA and either your coil placement is bad, your coil is not wicked enough, and/or you have O ring seal issues (which you haven't said if you've checked or not) well, those could be possible reasons for your problem and if you are dripping directly onto the coil well, you could get seepage without a ton of moisture on the outside of your RDA.

In case rayon interests you (unlike cotton it shrinks, it doesn't swell) https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

I swore up down and sideways I would never bring a rebuildable out of the house until rayon and now I do it all the time.

Also, pics of your actual BUILDS might help, since you are reporting it in multiple setups I have to think that it's something to do with technique, either the right coil(s) for your RDA, the right wicking, the right placement, and even possibly how you are dripping.

Good luck

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
IMO,
Put a 510 drip tip O-ring on the male 510 of the atty. Snug it back on the HOG.
If the leak is from the 510, your batteries will continue to get "damp".
If the leak is from over dripping or a poorly sealed top cap, the juice should pool around the now sealed 510 connection.

Cheers
I

V8Maverick

Apr 19, 2018
Are you overdripping? What wicking material are you using? Maybe try Rayon? I will say I used to get really bad leakage due to my early build attempts and yes, I have had leaking directly down into my mod without a TON of leaking anywhere else (although, I've had both issues). If you are using an RBA and either your coil placement is bad, your coil is not wicked enough, and/or you have O ring seal issues (which you haven't said if you've checked or not) well, those could be possible reasons for your problem and if you are dripping directly onto the coil well, you could get seepage without a ton of moisture on the outside of your RDA.

In case rayon interests you (unlike cotton it shrinks, it doesn't swell) https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

I swore up down and sideways I would never bring a rebuildable out of the house until rayon and now I do it all the time.

Also, pics of your actual BUILDS might help, since you are reporting it in multiple setups I have to think that it's something to do with technique, either the right coil(s) for your RDA, the right wicking, the right placement, and even possibly how you are dripping.

Good luck

Anna
I use cotton bacon Anna. Here's the build. IMO it's pretty ugly but I had horrendous trouble trying to position these braids so they were away from the cap without them either
A. Springing straight back or
B. Being massively pulled out of shape.
20181001_182325.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
You might try unscrewing the pin on the atomizer 1/4 to 1/2 turn. It looks like it could be pushed in just enough that juice is seeping around the o-ring through the screwdriver slit. Test this before putting it back on the mod. You might also need to see if you can tighten the 510 screw on the mod itself to compensate.

Reactions: stols001

V8Maverick

Apr 19, 2018
Yeeeeeee! Not much room for quad coils on that deck (potential for shorts). Maybe consider building quad vertical coils. Just make sure the coils don't touch the top cap.
S0pdDDt.jpg

OQr58ib.jpg

Or do an over/under horizontal quad build.

images
There should be lots of room, it's a 40mm deck. Had to go 10 wraps a coil though to get some ohms into the build. Might try your vertical coil build though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread