The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

just a crazy thought...

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by incantius, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. incantius

incantius Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    tennessee
    has anyone tried recharging batts on those "rechargeable" pads that are used for cell phones, ipods & such? just curious if it would work...

2. CathyfromOhio

CathyfromOhio Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I wondered the exact same thing. Anyone know?

3. Macks

Macks Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Illinois, USA
    Don't you have to apply a special back cover for your cell phone in order for the current to go where it needs to go? If so, that would be one ugly battery.

4. incantius

Mar 28, 2011
    tennessee
    don't know i don't have one but if it worked i thought it might be a quick way to charge multiple batts as i only have one charger lol

5. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 20, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    i looked into that technology a while back and it really isn't as convenient as one might think...you have to put a special case over whatever device you want to charge and I doubt they make a specially designed case yet for e-cigs....it's my opinion that cordless charging technology is in its infancy and we're going to have to wait a few more years for someone to figure out how to make it work better

6. kurora

kurora Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2011
    West Texas
    I dunno, works pretty well for my Wii remotes, they go thru regular batteries like crazy. Never tried it for my cell phone though.

7. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    So far can't get one to work with it Incantius sir, still attempting to figure out a way....

8. incantius

Mar 28, 2011
    tennessee
    I figured you'd at least looked at it Morandir lol :D

9. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    :shock: Lawzamercy, chile, you must have at least two-three chargers if you're going to get this vaping thing to work out! :ohmy:

10. incantius

Mar 28, 2011
    tennessee
    any donations is greatly appreciated :D

11. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Incantius sir donations huh? :) When I get home will pm you.

12. waylonjessi4ever

waylonjessi4ever Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    yeah if anyone is replacing their old chargers with new i will buy em( your old ones ) ( money order ) or v4life gcert ! I only have one also and its a pain in the A*&^ .....name your price .

13. rkayw

rkayw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    I'm in the same boat, one charger.

14. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    Man, some of you people surprise me. I mean, it's as if you were, um, fiscally responsible or something! :laugh:

15. plantlvr

plantlvr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2009
    Northern California
    Oh man... batts and chargers are a 'have to have', worse comes to worse you can get your 'fix' from any carto or juice ( even tho you don't 'like' the taste or nic level )
    But ya gotta remember ecigs aren't like a cig, no dried plant material rolled up to use yer bic anytime... Be prepared always, that means having lots of supplies on hand.

16. waylonjessi4ever

Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    i have no choice but to be responsible ! lol it comes from being young ,married ,baby ,broke ,then having 2 incomes and now one ,and getting cheap in my old age :) oh that and tons of copay medical bills even with insurance ..to the tune of about 1500 in the next few months .

17. waylonjessi4ever

Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    yes but i have the car charger too and the pass thru in the car ,its not that bad ,silly .i have other priorities :)

18. rkayw

rkayw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    Working on it. Rome wasn't built in a day. lol. It takes moola...and slapping of my kids hands! :laugh:

19. waylonjessi4ever

Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    yeah really fur shure rkay ..the rest of you ....hubby makes a good living but in cali its berry berry expensive to live ....plus 8-10 % in state income taxes poof !

20. waylonjessi4ever

Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    in fact :) and im serious ,one of our criteria for a new state one day is little or no state income taxes !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.