just back from doctor and wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Is it safe to vape 90%vg 3mg after I've had two blood samples taken? I was told not to do any heavy lifting for 30 minutes and I left about 30 minutes ago? May not be helpful now but to someone else asking or for myself in the future

Don't know about the VG part but I vape 70/30 PG/VG and 6mg. After having my blood drawn, just a couple of weeks ago, I vaped as soon as I left the building ;)

I never thought about whether I should or not. I just did it. When I smoked, same thing. As soon as leaving the building...I was lighting up.

I think you will be fine. They tell you no heavy lifting mostly because the blood loss (if you're having a lot of blood drawn) may make you weak.

BrennanElectric

Nov 7, 2014
Utah, USA
Is it safe to vape 90%vg 3mg after I've had two blood samples taken? I was told not to do any heavy lifting for 30 minutes and I left about 30 minutes ago? May not be helpful now but to someone else asking or for myself in the future

I donate plasma, I know its a bit different than drawing blood, but they just tell me avoid caffeine and alcohol, but I don't think nicotine will affect anything besides elevating your heart rate.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I give double donations at my local Red Cross (doubles means 2 pints) and they have never warned me against anything involving nicotine. I have never had any issues either. Just increase fluid intake. I would not worry about it but the Red Cross would be a great place for confirmation. Great question.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA

Its not like you were weakened from blood loss having donated a couple pints. You had blood drawn for a blood test and they said no heavy lifting for 30 minutes. Literally, In other words to allow the 18ga pinhole in your arm to heal some before you pump up your arm veins lifting heavy weight.

Whitewolf2014

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
South Central, PA, USA
Don't know about the VG part but I vape 70/30 PG/VG and 6mg. After having my blood drawn, just a couple of weeks ago, I vaped as soon as I left the building ;)

I never thought about whether I should or not. I just did it. When I smoked, same thing. As soon as leaving the building...I was lighting up.

I think you will be fine. They tell you no heavy lifting mostly because the blood loss (if you're having a lot of blood drawn) may make you weak.

Same way as me. I have been donating blood since shortly after I started vaping and as soon as I am out the door and in the car my vape is in use. I vape 30/70 pg/vg and haven't had any problems yet.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I gotta say, when I was 15-16 I gave a bunch of blood viles for multiple testings. I stood at the exit counter and locked my knees... I was about 180lbs. and landed on a little old lady. I think it was because of the locking knees and not eating. I look back and think it funny. A 180lb. guy falling onto a little old lady must have looked funny.

As to the question, I would eat and vape away.

It is okay to laugh at one's self.

Last edited:

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I consider myself a LOPotomist. I take the tops off of trees that need to come down. :unsure:
One would need to clarify 'heavy' lifting. I don't consider a 20# chainsaw 'heavy' until it gets to be late in the day. Others might disagree of course.
You don't want to tear the vein that has had a hole poked into it. Unless you're talking about a really huge mod (like a portable welder or something) I would guess you're probably safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread