Just cut 3 CE2s apart for my MAP tank. 2 of the 3 are full of what looks like rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeInMyrtleBeach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Myrtle Beach, SC
So, I'm a bit concerned. I got a MAP tank on saturday, cut open an E2, cut it, cleaned it. Clipped the wick, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Today, I got the infamous 'its time to clean your E2' taste of burnt ... hair. I drained the MAP tank, pulled the E2, and tossed it in to a bowl of PGA to soak.

I opened another E2, and cut it. The wick was covered with something orange. Upon closer examination of the inside of the E2, it appears to be filled with rust. I put it aside, and cut another one. This one had the wick pinched between the bottom crimp of the E2's outer casing. I had to pull it rather hard, and when it came out, it too was covered with rust -- along the bottom of the e2, there is what appears to be rust.

The third one I cut was mostly clean.

All of these E2's were still in their little sealed package. All of 'em had some kind of gunky primer film in them.

So, I thought these E2's were stainless steel? Is something inside them not stainless?

Is it not rust that I'm seeing? Is there some other orange 'rust looking' substance that may have formed inside the E2?

My camera is at my office, so I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread