Questions about my 5ml MAP tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
I purchased a 2.8ohm 5ml MAP tank a few months ago when they were available, and it's been my daily accessory ever since. At first I was having some problems with wicking, crackling(bits of hot juice hitting my tongue), and flooding.

After accidentally breaking the coil on the included CE2, I put in an order with MadVapes for a pack of five XL CE2s. They are the dual fat wick revision, so I'm getting a lot better vape and flavor...but it appears to flood more often.

Here's some issues I'm having now...

-I noticed that the metal sleeve that the drip tip goes in to seems a bit pushed in more compared to pics of other MAP tanks I've seen.

-I also noticed that the rubber cup that goes over the top of the CE2 doesn't seem to fit snugly in to the top cap, which I believe is the cause of the flooding.

-Once I hit about 50% tank capacity, I start getting wick-hits. I have to let it rest between vapes, shorten my puffs, tilt the tank, etc. I find this odd because people claim these can wick liquid from the bottom of the tank, yet I'm having trouble with crystal-clear 70/30 liquid. I had this problem on the older Rev CE2s as well.

-I have been going through a LOT more liquid on this tank than anything else I've used. I would go through maybe 2ml heavy-vaping while dripping, a bit more if using cartos. I ordered a 30ml bottle of liquid barely a week ago and emptied it last night, I seem to be going through crazy amounts of liquid on this tank and that's a bit discouraging because I was enjoying not having to spend much money on liquids each month...now I'm ordering on a weekly basis.

Has anyone else had these problems with the latest Rev CE2s in their MAP tank? Is there definitely a difference in cup size between these new CE2s and the ones that come with the MAP tanks? Why aren't these wicks not really doing their job at half-tank or less?

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
The only actual problems I was having with the newer Rev E2s were the wicking at or below 50% and the flooding, which wasn't a huge problem and was easily cleared out by just vaping through it.

Anyways, I gave it a good and thorough cleaning, packed it up with my Omega plus some batteries and traded for a Reo Mini setup. I loved vaping off the MAP tank but I needed something more pocket-friendly and also wanted to try out a bottom-feeder. Happy with the change so far, but I'll probably pick up another MAP tank soon since it did have its place in my gear box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread