The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just found this subforum! Needs more activity tho!

Discussion in 'Friends of Bill W.' started by Northern-Lights, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Northern-Lights

Northern-Lights Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2014
    Oregon
    My mini story. My parents lost custody of me when I was 16 and I was put into foster care, then I was sent to treatment shortly after dropping out of high school. I got sober at 17 and now have 1 and a half years clean, Ive since got my GED, started back to college, and work 2 lucrative jobs. All thanks to the program.

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Right on Northern-Lights.

When I first got involved in the Program, I would listen to the "Promises" and think how Cool it would be if they Really were True.

768 Days Later I know that they Are. Because I have seen them in My Life. And in Countless Others who have Worked the Steps.

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Congrats NL. 1-1/2yrs is great! I only took afew years longer than you, but it'd been great to get sober and clean so young.

It's been quite awhile since then, and I can say that I've been rewarded many times over for making that choice.

You have a great future ahead of you!!

4. Northern-Lights

Mar 31, 2014
    Oregon
    Thanks guys! Yea the promises have definitely starting coming true for me, I'm regarded as a genuinely nice and honest person when I used to pride myself on being a "bad person". Service work was the real kicker for me, got me in with sober Young peoples that have tons of fun.

5. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    Be very proud of yourself for already accomplishing what many others took so much longer to achieve. We all have potential.......it is our choice to make dreams come true. Continued success to you. :)

6. Kr3wsk8er

Kr3wsk8er Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2014
    SB/LA 808-213
    I as well just found this forum, grateful to see there are more of us on here =] I know I am responding to a month old thread but to the OP congratulations on your year + sober!

7. Northern-Lights

Mar 31, 2014
    Oregon
    Has it really been a month? Lol

8. Kr3wsk8er

Kr3wsk8er Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2014
    SB/LA 808-213
    1 week shy of month* I rounded up haha

9. jumphour

jumphour Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    CT, USA
    Hi there. I have been looking for alcohol-related DIY hints and suggestions. I had 11 years on June 12th, and I don't wanna mess it up. LOL I see a lot of the DIY flavors are alcohol based, but I see some that don't have it, or some that I can get alcohol free that you can mix with distilled water to thin, so that's a good thing. One thing I was always mournful about after being sober was absinthe....I never had it, and was never gonna! So I got some absinthe flavor to vape, which is awesome. (I just like the anise flavor, really, so it's like anise candy....doesn't give me the urge to drink or anything). I found a flavoring concentrate, but have to figure out how to make it work for me. I do put my bottles of juice in hot-water baths in my little ultrasonic cleaner, so I'm sure that helps to get most of the alcohol out of my juices, if there is any.

10. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Not sure how much Help I can be on the Flavorings.

But a Big Right on for 11 Years!

11. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Congrats on 11 years. That's over 4000 miracles :)

26 years here.
    I don't mourn the stuff I didn't take/drink.
    I had enough of what I did to beat me into a state of reasonableness.

MBV and Flavor West Absinthe are tasty @ 12.5% in 70/30 or 18% in 40/60 PG/VG.

I've been DIYing for over a year and never was concerned with alc-free flavors.
    I use an UC to speed steep.
    I give my juices 4-5 hours there with the caps on and 12+ hours caps off to aerate the alc out.
    Juice tastes plain nasty to me unless it's aerated but good.

12. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Wow...

26 Years is Outstanding!

13. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Best way I found to not jeopardize your sobriety is to bounce your challenges off another sober person. They can usually see thru it if you're just trying to convince yourself.
    I usually just ask myself, is it worth it?? It's easy to get over-confident about things the longer you're sober.
    ODAT...

Same here with the missing out on something thought, I got sober around when they were coming out with wine coolers and I was sad that I never got to try one.
    Reality would be more like 1 cooler followed my 10 beers and 10 shots., lol.

14. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I hear you.

I like to tell people that it Wasn't the 18 Beers I Drank that got me in Trouble. Or the all the Bottles of Schnapps or Rum that I drank.

It was that 1st Drink of the Day. Because after that, it seems that All Bets were Off.

I would be Fine until I took the 1st Drink. But after that, everything kinda went Out the Window.

15. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Sometimes literally :facepalm:

16. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... I'd rather Not Talk about that Particular Evening.

LOL

17. McCoys

McCoys Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

18. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That a Lot of Consecutive Days.

Right On McCoys!

19. McCoys

McCoys Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The first days were the hardest. Shakes weren't very nice.

20. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome, McCoys! Pleased to meet you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.