Just got a DPV9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlo5

Jul 30, 2009
USA
I just received my DPV9 yesterday, the 25th which I ordered on the 16th (A Sunday, so really the 17th). 7 Business days from China to Florida, pretty darn good!

Specifically, I ordered:

2 DPV batteries
1 DPV PCC
1 DPV USB Passthrough
25 (Bulk) RY4 Cartomizers

First impressions: The device seems great so far, and the DPV PCC I can tell is going to be a godsend compared to the nightmare I've been having trying to charge and keep charged my Bloog (My only other e-cig). The PCC seems to be able to charge my Bloog as well, which is a bonus. The threads are different sizes, before I received it I thought perhaps the carts would be interchangeable but they're not.

The bulk price on carts blows away anything else I've seen, but the choices available for flavor seems limited. (Not so if you order individual packs, but those seem a little pricey compared to others I've seen -- I don't know what is even compatible though).

Unfortunately, I blindly chose RY4 which I've never had before, and my thought is that I chose poorly. From what I gather, you either love or hate RY4 and so far I'm in the latter group. My initial reaction was that I wanted to vomit, but it's become a little more bearable. Probably once I'm halfway through these carts I'll crave it :D.. I disliked it so much that I opened a cart from a separate pack from the first one hoping that I just got a defective one, but alas, that's the way it's supposed to taste!

It seems like a much more solid/reliable device than my Bloog, and the value for money blows it away. Once I get some tastier carts this will definitely be my device of choice.

Once I've had a little more time with it I'll try to share some more impressions.

~Zlo5

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I just received my DPV9 yesterday, the 25th which I ordered on the 16th (A Sunday, so really the 17th). 7 Business days from China to Florida, pretty darn good!

Specifically, I ordered:

2 DPV Batteries
1 DPV PCC
1 DPV USB Passthrough
25 (Bulk) RY4 Cartomizers

First impressions: The device seems great so far, and the DPV PCC I can tell is going to be a godsend compared to the nightmare I've been having trying to charge and keep charged my Bloog (My only other e-cig). The PCC seems to be able to charge my Bloog as well, which is a bonus. The threads are different sizes, before I received it I thought perhaps the carts would be interchangeable but they're not.

The bulk price on carts blows away anything else I've seen, but the choices available for flavor seems limited. (Not so if you order individual packs, but those seem a little pricey compared to others I've seen -- I don't know what is even compatible though).

Unfortunately, I blindly chose RY4 which I've never had before, and my thought is that I chose poorly. From what I gather, you either love or hate RY4 and so far I'm in the latter group. My initial reaction was that I wanted to vomit, but it's become a little more bearable. Probably once I'm halfway through these carts I'll crave it :D.. I disliked it so much that I opened a cart from a separate pack from the first one hoping that I just got a defective one, but alas, that's the way it's supposed to taste!

It seems like a much more solid/reliable device than my Bloog, and the value for money blows it away. Once I get some tastier carts this will definitely be my device of choice.

Once I've had a little more time with it I'll try to share some more impressions.

~Zlo5

I still want to try a two piece e cig, but I am not sure which one. This helps narrow it. BTW, I do not like the RY4 at all either.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I had same initial reaction to the RY4 as you did but a week later, I wanted a boost from my 11mg marb and the RY4 carts were 24mg.

I was pleasantly surprised!! Didn't taste all that bad as the first time and well, sort of grew on me until the 24mg got my head spinning and I put it away for the day.

I'd try it again and see if you have the same sense of it.

$0.02

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Ha ha ha -- Sin,

I am in your forum,
populating your posts -----

and I said - P - opulating !!!! ha ha ha

Hiya Crash ----

I have had my DPV9 for 2 weeks now,
and I just love it -----

the draw is a bit looser than I am used to,
but I can live with that,

I got RY4 and Coffee cartys,
and I love them both

this is deffinately a great cig,
both on the batt and on the Passthru.....

it feels so good in the hand,
and it tastes so good, --------
just colour me green,
I dont care what the color of the cartys,
I love the ease of use, and the taste -------

I love it......... :hubba::hubba::hubba:

Di .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread