Just got a Kanger EVOD. Results are a bit odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesheeran82

Jul 5, 2013
Midland, TX
Okay, you say it is lacking flavor, correct?
How is the Vapor? Is it about on par compared to your other delivery system?
Have you compared the resistances?
Evod ships with a 2.4ish ohm coil
May need to up the twist a touch to achieve same wattage.

Just got 2 evods - both started producing decent flavor on the second/third draw. I run 7.0-7.4 watts

You are correct. I am lacking flavor. The vapor is more than what was produced by my iClear.
I twisted up the voltage and it seems to help a bit.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I should note that I did by some 1.8 ohm heads. Should I maybe try them out?
Let me start by saying I own and have Evod, T3S and Protank in my daily rotation along with a CE4 rebuildable. For the Kanger bcc's I'm partial to the 1.8 ohm heads on my eGo fixed voltage batteries. The flavor and vapor is noticable better than the 2.4 and 2.8 ohm coils. On my vv vw device it doesn't matter much because I'm using vw setting at 7 - 8 watts depending on the juice.

Of all the Kanger bcc's IMHO the Evod is the warmest vape and tightest draw. If you're accustomed to a top coli like the I 16, the Evod will likely be the closest vape to it.

mikesheeran82

Jul 5, 2013
Midland, TX
Let me start by saying I own and have Evod, T3S and Protank in my daily rotation along with a CE4 rebuildable. For the Kanger bcc's I'm partial to the 1.8 ohm heads on my eGo fixed voltage batteries. The flavor and vapor is noticable better than the 2.4 and 2.8 ohm coils. On my vv vw device it doesn't matter much because I'm using vw setting at 7 - 8 watts depending on the juice.

Of all the Kanger bcc's IMHO the Evod is the warmest vape and tightest draw. If you're accustomed to a top coli like the I 16, the Evod will likely be the closest vape to it.

I guess that is my issue. My Ego Twist only goes up to 4.8 volts and the coil it comes with requires much higher.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

gapenny

Jun 27, 2013
georgia

Thank you! I also just bought some Evods and I was getting a nasty, burnt taste on every liquid except for vanilla. I only have fixed battery egos. I changed to the 1.8 ohm heads and it's perfect now!

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guess that is my issue. My Ego Twist only goes up to 4.8 volts and the coil it comes with requires much higher.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
You have plenty of power with the Twist. 2.4 ohms at 4.2 volts = about 7.5 watts. 2.8 ohms at 4.75 volts = about 8 watts.

Vapers with fixed voltage 3.7 volt eGo's can adjust by going with the 1.8 ohm = about 7.5 watts

Sig Fan 55

Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
Bay Area, CA,USA

Been playing with my new evod all day trying to get it to taste right and thanks to Glen’s advice I found the sweet spot! Guess I got a little carried away with the power, 10-11w not so great on a 2.5. 7-8w is the sweet spot, thanks Glen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread