Just got my Blu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairsoft

Mar 8, 2011
Central Florida
And I love it! This is my first PV but I really really like it. Since I charged it when I got it this morning I've been alternating between it and analogs, but actually find myself craving the Blu! I know a million people are probably going to pile into this thread and tell me to buy an eGo now or something else but I'm pretty content with this for now. I'm considering buying some blank 306 cartomizers for it and some juice so i can fill my own cartos (and refill the ones I bought with it). Quick question... will I get an easier draw with the 306 cartos than the ones that came with the blu? Wanting a slightly easier draw is the only complaint I have at the moment.

I also have to say thanks to everybody on this forum. I just made my account today but I have been lurking heavily for almost 2 weeks now and have learned TONS. It's also great how helpful and friendly everyone seems to be.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf Chairsoft. Glad to see you found us. Actually, the Blu was my 2nd ecig and it was helpful in getting me started. When you are ready to upgrade you will. What I did'nt like about the Blu is that I did not get much vapor either. I don't think the draw will get any easier with cartos(if I remember right). Make sure your atty isn't too clogged and that is what will help you with the draw.
:)
sas

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Congratulations and welcome. Isn't vaping fun? You will find (especially if you have/get some juice that you really love) that the vaping will be more and more appealing and the nasty cigs will become less and less appealing! Many of us quit smoking without even meaning to! Ha. I don't know about the draw on the different cartos because I've never tried to Blu cartos, but I know that I really like 306 cartos....and also the BOGE cartos are really good. You may just have to get you a few of all kinds and find your sweet spot. There's a lot of trial and error early on, but that's the fun of this new "hobby" you've embarked upon. LOL. Welcome to ECF and the wonderful world of vaping!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Chairsoft - you have the new cartomizer 2-piece model? I have never seen Joye 306 cartos. I think you may be able to use 510 cartos or Joye 306 atty w/ carts.

I don't know about the draw - I don't use automatic batteries. I press the button on my 510 then 1/2 to 1.5 seconds later start dragging and it's pretty easy with Boge 510 soft-cap cartos (blank cartos - see LiteCigUSA.net - you want the standard ones, not the LR which could kill your battery). When the drag gets hard for me it's usualy because the center air channel of the carto has gotten angled or off-center and I can't see light through the carto. When that happens I gently straighten it with an unbent straight small paper clip.

And cartos do not last forever - maybe 4-7 days, sometimes longer. The internal atty will get gunked up with burnt juice etc and performance will go down. Some are successful at cleaning cartos, some are not.

Last edited:

Chairsoft

Mar 8, 2011
Central Florida
Yep, mine is the new 2 piece model with cartomizers. In a thread I read on here last week somebody had suggested these...
Product Details That's why I asked about the 306 cartos.

Thanks for the tips and warm welcome everyone!

I'm liking this so much I may pick up an entirely different system (maybe even an ego *sigh*) maybe something with a manual battery, in addition to a couple more batteries for the blu.

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
I know a million people are probably going to pile into this thread and tell me to buy an eGo now or something else but I'm pretty content with this for now.

As I steam on my t-rex with coffee & a drop of fire and ice (Juicy Vapor). If this is what you want, fantastic. The eGos to represent low cost of operation, and I believe you can pop those cartos on an eGo.

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
I started with the 3 piece Blu, went to the Blu cartos and I have cleaned and refilled them once so far. I use the same cartos with my Electronic Stix manual. Went from 30 analogs a day to 5 in 3 weeks. Soon to be none.
Have fun!!!

One more thing. Try a slow, easy draw on the Blu. Keep watching the light and try and keep it lit. You will get more vapor that way.

Last edited:

sj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Virginia
First PV I got was BLU, and I wound up back on analogs for about 9 months until I went to to KR808D models. I am new to ECF but am a veteran in the vaping arena. You may want to look at a KR808 model, although you are satisfied with BLU, I think you would feel blown away at the TH and Vapor production of the better two piece design models. Reccomendation? Cartos from V2 (just beware of backorders) and batteries from Bloog or Vapor4Life or Drew from NHALER.

Last edited:

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
Blu got me started on vaping. I really like their pack charger, and the flavors of their pre-filled cartridges/cartomizers... that's all I can say good about them. There's a lot more negative things I can and have said about them... Eventually your Blu batteries will stop holding a charge, and by that time, if you've had the opportunity to try better models, you probably won't buy Blu again.

Their batteries go off in your pocket far more often than even other similar automatic batteries, their atomizers (the old style) were very unreliable and inconsistent. Their old cartridges wasted 50% of the juice in them. Their new cartomizers are a big improvement over the old Blu - but the batteries are still pretty pathetic. You can get batteries one millimeter larger in width and a couple millimeters longer that have more than TWICE the capacity, from other vendors, for roughly the same price. Blu isn't designed for direct dripping or refilling cartridges. They are only ideal for using their own brand of cartos, and for people that want a more cigarette like ecig experience with minimal hassle, and who don't vape often unless you have an ample supply of spare batteries charging constantly. Their website withholds a lot of the specs about their equipment that most other vendors are more than happy to divulge. They downright lie about the width of their unit, claiming it is only 5mm wide - the TRUTH is that is is 8mm.

Their customer service is mediocre at best, and their shipping times are inconsistent, often ridiculously long, but occasionally acceptably short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread