Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Those are good....I have a couple. Are you used to mechanical mods or regulated mods? For these mechanicals, you'll quickly learn to "feel" (cooler vape) when it's time for a fresh battery. If I'm going somewhere for the whole day, I usually stick an extra battery in my bag. If I'm just leaving the house for a few hours, I usually just make sure I have a fresh battery and topped-off bottle when I leave. You'll get the rhythm soon enough. Your vaping life just got streamlined. Enjoy!

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Nice Fishwater! is it the pic or is that rogue sitting wicked HIGH on top of that beautiful blue?

Actually it is sitting high, I prefer a slight air gap ever since I had an Atty scratch one of my mods when I cranked it down. Just a little ocd on my part!

Reactions: JC Okie

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
Those are good....I have a couple. Are you used to mechanical mods or regulated mods? For these mechanicals, you'll quickly learn to "feel" (cooler vape) when it's time for a fresh battery. If I'm going somewhere for the whole day, I usually stick an extra battery in my bag. If I'm just leaving the house for a few hours, I usually just make sure I have a fresh battery and topped-off bottle when I leave. You'll get the rhythm soon enough. Your vaping life just got streamlined. Enjoy!
I have a well balanced collection really. Plenty of regulated and tube mechs. I've always gravitated towards mechs just because it's kind of my style I guess. Haha.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
It's either the 510 or your fire pin is off kilter n not making contact w/ the battery? rather, hitting the delrin insert? check that out too. I've gravitated toward regulated mods most of my time vaping, but always idolized mechs. As I age, I am gravitating toward mechs a lot more. Idk why, but it seems like I like that mechs drain low. I HATE dry scratchy hits.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC Okie

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Welcome to the mad house of happy vapers. Congrats on the new Copper Vein. I love mine and use it often, now it's black. Should have listened to the masses and coated it. Any way Cut an inverted V into your feed tube it will keep it from suctioning to the bottom or sides of the joose bottle. Good luck with your new Reo and if you have any questions just ask. We love helping you find your perfect vape.

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
Actually it is sitting high, I prefer a slight air gap ever since I had an Atty scratch one of my mods when I cranked it down. Just a little ocd on my part!
I understand. Gotcha. My ocd worries about my atty sitting too high…I worry about when I pocket my reo too much stress on the 510.

Reactions: Robinowitz

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
Welcome to the mad house of happy vapers. Congrats on the new Copper Vein. I love mine and use it often, now it's black. Should have listened to the masses and coated it. Any way Cut an inverted V into your feed tube it will keep it from suctioning to the bottom or sides of the joose bottle. Good luck with your new Reo and if you have any questions just ask. We love helping you find your perfect vape.
That's a great idea about the feed tube. I'll definitely do that! I'm at the point now where I just want to buy like 20 bottles just so I can always have different flavors on deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Welcome.

spygratsreo.jpg

Another way to look at the flavor/bottle thing, buy 10 more new Reos to get the 20 additional bottles. :)

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
Welcome.

spygratsreo.jpg

Another way to look at the flavor/bottle thing, buy 10 more new Reos to get the 20 additional bottles. :)
That's BRILLIANT I'm already drooling over woodvils, plus all the other cool colors out there. Haha.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Glad you got it firing!

Life will all depend on your build - but in the 0.5 ohm range, I can often get through about a bottle of juice - or most of a day.
My longest run-time batteries are the brown LG HG2's.
Second-favorite are my (baby blue) Samsungs.

I believe you are right. I'm in love with this device. Hahaha. What kind of battery life do you guys get with these?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I throw an o-ring under there.
A throwback habit from back when I wanted a little flex in screwing down, so I could "aim" the airhole. No longer important with half my atties like Rogue or Manta that pull air from above and all around, but I still do it - and it can prevent scratching.

I've actually got a couple different thicknesses, so I rarely need to adjust my 510 - I'll just throw a thinner ring in to see if that does it, first...

I understand. Gotcha. My ocd worries about my atty sitting too high…I worry about when I pocket my reo too much stress on the 510.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I cannot believe it took me this long to get my first Reo. Unbelievable

Aaaahhh..the sounds of a new Reonaut.....always warms my heart. If you actually get 20 new bottles, I suggest getting the 8.5 ml soft bottles (on the Reosmods.com site.) They are sweet. They're easier to squonk, drain better, and hold a little more juice.

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
Aaaahhh..the sounds of a new Reonaut.....always warms my heart. If you actually get 20 new bottles, I suggest getting the 8.5 ml soft bottles (on the Reosmods.com site.) They are sweet. They're easier to squonk, drain better, and hold a little more juice.
I'll definitely look into that.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
What is your wick of choice? For one thing, with a squonker, you don't need tails. I clip my wicks about a mm on each side. Also, if you use cotton, it needs to be sparse enough that it can actually slide easily through the coil when it's dry. For rayon, on the other hand, I make my wicks pretty tight, but still no tails. The cotton swells, the rayon doesn't.

Take the top off and watch your liquid saturate your wick a few times. I usually get maybe 4-5 hits from one squonk..

Reactions: Spydro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread