Just got my kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Does Arctic Wolf have a tobacco taste? The only menthol I like is a pure menthol with no other flavorings. To be honest, it tastes like I'm sucking on a cough drop all day. :)

I'm no juice expert, but I've done a lot of research here at ECF, and mostly liked the menthol juices that were highly recommended by credible posters ...

I really enjoy the Arctic Wolf for the eRoll, no tobacco taste at all. Its got a massive throat hit at 36mg, even compared to the 48mg juices from MyFreedomSmokes (yes, I like my nicotine :D). I figure a strong juice compensates for the weak battery and mini atomizer ...

Also like SubZero from Halo, its more mellow and not too "minty". Lots of folks here like Kringles Curse too ...

The only juice I've favored so far with any tobacco taste at all is HX3, also from Halo. The tobacco taste is like sweet cigar flavor, not commercial cigarettes ...

Try a menthol sample pack from Halo, there's sure to be one you like more than others, and the SubZero really stands out ... :thumbs:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Does Arctic Wolf have a tobacco taste? The only menthol I like is a pure menthol with no other flavorings. To be honest, it tastes like I'm sucking on a cough drop all day. :)

I can't stand mint! The only real menthol juice with none of it there I've found is Mr E Liquids. Its in both the tobacco section and the other non-tobacco section. Its not a tobacco though. I think they just put it in there because so many x-smokers smoked menthol. I buy the Full Flavor (also has light and medium) and just add it to other juices. The Full all by itself is perfect in the Eroll but a little too heavy for clearos. Then I just dilute it with some PG/VG.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I'm no juice expert, but I've done a lot of research here at ECF, and mostly liked the menthol juices that were highly recommended by credible posters ...

I really enjoy the Arctic Wolf for the eRoll, no tobacco taste at all. Its got a massive throat hit at 36mg, even compared to the 48mg juices from MyFreedomSmokes (yes, I like my nicotine :D). I figure a strong juice compensates for the weak battery and mini atomizer ...

Also like SubZero from Halo, its more mellow and not too "minty". Lots of folks here like Kringles Curse too ...

The only juice I've favored so far with any tobacco taste at all is HX3, also from Halo. The tobacco taste is like sweet cigar flavor, not commercial cigarettes ...

Try a menthol sample pack from Halo, there's sure to be one you like more than others, and the SubZero really stands out ... :thumbs:
I went ahead and ordered some Arctic Wolf. The price is right. I don't like Halo liquids. There's something in their blend that irritates my throat.

Yay for the eRoll! Pretty amazing tiny device.

I've been using the SR attys, but I see you're using the LR. How is the performance compared to the regular atty?
I've got one battery with the SR atomizer and 2 more with the LR atties, all 3 with the same juice. I can definitely tell which is which. I get better flavor and throat hit with the LR, but I also go through more liquid and have to recharge more often. But I've been dripping on LR eGo-C atties since March.

I can't stand mint! The only real menthol juice with none of it there I've found is Mr E Liquids. Its in both the tobacco section and the other non-tobacco section. Its not a tobacco though. I think they just put it in there because so many x-smokers smoked menthol. I buy the Full Flavor (also has light and medium) and just add it to other juices. The Full all by itself is perfect in the Eroll but a little too heavy for clearos. Then I just dilute it with some PG/VG.
I love mint and menthol. And I do sometimes eat cough drops like candy. :) I haven't really enjoyed any other flavors, but that could be because everything I vape is 80/20. I think I'm going to try a 50/50 on my next purchase, but the last time I upped the VG I got a weird mouth feel from it. Oily is the only wy I can describe it.

So far so good with this unit. It has completely replaced my previous setup. Before this, I only dripped and the eRoll with an LR atty is nearly as good for me.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Mr E Liquids menthol signature blend is 67/33 and perfect for the eroll... plumes of vapor. I don't know what he does to make his juices so different but it works. I guess that's why "Liquids" is in the name. ;) I get the "feel" you speak of with high VG also and not just in my mouth but lungs also if I inhale it much... not good.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
The SR atomizer is highly recommended since the LR will pull a lot more amps on the eroll battery, but if you're not concerned with the life of the battery as to the performance/quality of the vape, then to each his own. Love my eroll for work. One battery lasted me 6 months until I had to replace it. RIP eroll battery...

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Mr E Liquids menthol signature blend is 67/33 and perfect for the eroll... plumes of vapor. I don't know what he does to make his juices so different but it works. I guess that's why "Liquids" is in the name. ;) I get the "feel" you speak of with high VG also and not just in my mouth but lungs also if I inhale it much... not good.
I may pick some up next payday. I'm picky with my menthols. I have a bottle of some from ECBlend and it's way too harsh. And it's pink. Menthol shouldn't be pink.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Started getting a funky taste, so I took everything apart and cleaned everything. I forgot what a pain it is to clean tank systems, but I can live with it. I went ahead and modded all my tanks while I was at it and put the LR atty from my dripper into ky spare battery. Once you mod these little tanks the flavor and throat hit really come out. I'm almost thinking of stepping back down to 2.4% again.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I went ahead and modded all my tanks while I was at it and put the LR atty from my dripper into ky spare battery. Once you mod these little tanks the flavor and throat hit really come out. I'm almost thinking of stepping back down to 2.4% again.

I started using the LR atomizers that I already had for my Elips when I first got the eRoll, don't think I ever used the SR in it ...

Have used them with the Elips and did notice a difference in performance, and in battery lfe, as expected ...

How do you mod the tanks ? Its probably somewhere in this forum, but I'm feeling too lazy to search ... :oops:

Gracias ! :D

Rico

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I take the inner and outer plugs out of the tip, and use a small screwdriver to open up the air chambers a little more.

Hey Johnnie, excuse my density on this ... :oops:

Are you removing the plugs and leaving them out ?

When you "open up the air chambers", do you mean increasing the size of the two crescent shape openings at the atomizer end ? Actually removing material, or just deforming them a little ?

Thanks for your patience ... :)

Rico

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
E
Hey Johnnie, excuse my density on this ... :oops:

Are you removing the plugs and leaving them out ?

When you "open up the air chambers", do you mean increasing the size of the two crescent shape openings at the atomizer end ? Actually removing material, or just deforming them a little ?

Thanks for your patience ... :)

Rico

Yeah, I remove the plugs on the mouth piece. And I just stick a micro screwdriver through the crescent shaped chambers. I'm not sure if the latter part helps, but removing the plugs definitely does. The only drawback is occasionally you'll get a mouthful of liquid if condensation builds up inside of there.

The plugs on the mouthpiece are there to prevent condensation build up and to keep the air chambers clear. Removing them essentially turns the tank into a drip tip with liquid storage. The flavor and throat hit increase dramatically, in my opinion.

I hope this make sense.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
E

Yeah, I remove the plugs on the mouth piece. And I just stick a micro screwdriver through the crescent shaped chambers. I'm not sure if the latter part helps, but removing the plugs definitely does. The only drawback is occasionally you'll get a mouthful of liquid if condensation builds up inside of there.

The plugs on the mouthpiece are there to prevent condensation build up and to keep the air chambers clear. Removing them essentially turns the tank into a drip tip with liquid storage. The flavor and throat hit increase dramatically, in my opinion.

I hope this make sense.

It does, and it works great ! :thumbs:

I did get a little juice in the mouthpiece, now I just tap it on a napkin before inhaling. Its interesting how a little vapor lingers in the open air chamber ...

The modded unit goes through juice like crazy, but the throat hit is worth it. I'm keeping one in the PCC with the tank mod and one without ...

Thinking about experimenting with the caps, drilling out the holes to maybe twice the current diameter, to get an increase in air flow somewhere between restricted and wide open ...

Thanks again ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread