The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just got my PV!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by sniper4395, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sniper4395

sniper4395 Full Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Stafford, VA
    Currently sporting a Blu with a 306 atty. PCC is on the charger and will remain there for another 6 hours or so. This thing is so cool!

Only problem, how do I put this lightly... I'm currently trying to get the taste of Blu Cherry out of my mouth and atty. bleh. At least those BlueMist samplers are on the way.

Merry Christmas!

2. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello & welcome Sniper :)

Can't help you with the blu - never tried it & IMHO from what I've read it's not every ones favourite e-cig to say the least ;)

As for getting the flavour out, try blowing through the battery end of the atomiser for starters.

3. sniper4395

sniper4395 Full Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Stafford, VA
    Hey thanks for the advice. I've been following the guide on how to clean new attys in the Library section. Pretty sure the taste is just lodged in my throat now. I can taste it when I breathe. Haha

4. cherewine

cherewine Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Merry Christmas Sniper...

I read on the forums somewhere that if you can't remove a strong flavor (fruity ones are the worst for removing), then buy some USP Glycerin from Walgreens, CVS, or other pharmacy of your choosing and drip that into the atty and blow out. I don't know if you need to dilute it before using tho...you might want to type in a search for using glycerin just to be clear on it. I used some strawberry juice in one of my attys one time and ended up having to taste it for a couple of days, using other really strong juices and suffering through the mix in tastes *yuckooooo*

5. sniper4395

sniper4395 Full Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Stafford, VA
    Wow a couple of days? That's terrible!

Just switched out the atty and brushed my teeth. Good thing I have 5 attys! Haha

Currently on java flavored. Totally my cup of tea :)

Thanks for all the advice you two! Its really gonna help with cleaning that other one out and now I know to watch out for fruit flavors.

6. Jessara

Jessara Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    SW Oklahoma
    Hi Sniper, and welcome to ECF and the world of vaping!

I've also read a lot of "bad" reviews of the Blu, but hey - whatever gets ya off analogs is a winner to you! I use a 510 and I'm always reading how 510's don't have enough battery life, blah blah blah. I LOVE my 510 and along with my PCC, battery life means nothing to me. I could care less that I have to change the battery once every 3 or 4 hours - it still darn sure beats having to stop everything I'm doing, walk outside in the freezing cold (we've never smoked in this house), stand out there shivering for 15 minutes while I smoke my analog, and coughing up a lung every time.

I've switched entirely to using cartomizers (not sure if that is an option for you?). Soooooo much easier than using attys/carts, IMO. No more blowing flavors out of the atty, no more messing with dripping liquid into the cart every 30 puffs, no more making sure I put the cart ON the atty the right way so I don't burn the plastic and get REALLY bad taste. I have a separate carto for each flavor I use. When I'm ready to switch flavors, I just unscrew the carto off my 510, screw the new one on and I'm ready to go.

7. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    No need to dilute, and if you vape it a couple times to heat it up before blowing it out
    it works wonders.

Merry Christmas

8. Bella Chic

Bella Chic Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2009
    Southeast Texas
    Hey there Sniper :) Merry Christmas and Welcome to ECF and Vaping! You've gottin the advice you needed but just wanted to say hey. Any questions you ever have just come on in and ask :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.