Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @letitialee

I quit with patches and e-cigs but in those days the e-cig 'cig-a-like' offering wasn't good enough, even with 24mg.

I would suggest NOT stopping the patches right now and NOT increasing your Nicotine level either, but what do I know. If you can level out (a month, maybe?) off the tobacco smoking and the additives/chemicals/evil toxins then simply drop the patches unless you are using a bad out-of-date-technology e-cig you'll do just fine.

I failed with NRT.
I failed with cig-a-likes on their own (greedy, lying, evil products)
I succeeded with cig-a-likes and patches (more due to the patch)

I then dropped all of those products (most were about getting my money really i.m.o.) then got a proper refillable e-cig with 18mg, which soon dropped to 12mg.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello. I’ve been vaping 2 weeks to quit cigarettes and it’s working with patches hello everyone I’m here to learn more about vaping safely and long term I’ll be quitting the patches too I’m on 14 mg for now
Welcome and glad you joined.
2 weeks is a good start, wishing you all the best.

Bonev

Nov 4, 2017
img_9008-jpg.698175
This is my best thinks still learn alot i am new in vaping from 2 months only still look for smoking only not like before i smoke 20 years usually strong cigarettes and 20-40 per day cut him drasticly.aswell now wait my new IQOS because wish tryed when have hunger for cigarette think be good alternative.
My point cut totally cigarettes soon.

Really Black Note e liquids are so good only so expensive are in UK.
And found this Drakes is similar to him and like.
With rebuildable i am new and have some leaking issues maybe because O-rings and because learn now.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
img_9008-jpg.698175
This is my best thinks still learn alot i am new in vaping from 2 months only still look for smoking only not like before i smoke 20 years usually strong cigarettes and 20-40 per day cut him drasticly.aswell now wait my new IQOS because wish tryed when have hunger for cigarette think be good alternative.
My point cut totally cigarettes soon.

Really Black Note e liquids are so good only so expensive are in UK.
And found this Drakes is similar to him and like.
With rebuildable i am new and have some leaking issues maybe because O-rings and because learn now.

RTA

^^^ link to ask questions if you need. Good luck to you!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hello. I’ve been vaping 2 weeks to quit cigarettes and it’s working with patches hello everyone I’m here to learn more about vaping safely and long term I’ll be quitting the patches too I’m on 14 mg for now
Hello, and welcome.

I tried the patches, but could never keep them lit.;)

Really, though - GoFishTX is right. Don't be afraid to up the nicotine. I started with 18mg, and had a bottle of 24mg to add to the tank when it didn't seem to be enough. For me, I just committed to not touching the cigarettes, and it took about 3-4 weeks before I didn't really want them, but needed the vape. And that's a good thing! 6 months later, I'm down to 14 mg. Don't be afraid of the nic...it's far better than the nic plus 4,000 compounds released by burning tobacco, 69 of which are carcinogens.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread