Just Lost My Voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitebreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've been using the eGo for 2.5 days so far, and I woke up this morning and I had lost my voice. I've been trying to make sure I am well hydrated, and even went out and got some Gatorade to make sure I am super-hydrated; But my question is: Has anyone ever experienced this before?

I do know that I do want to try VG mixtures since the PG is a bit too harsh on my throat. I ordered some VG from LF but it will be a little while before it gets here.

Oddball

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
I've been using the eGo for 2.5 days so far, and I woke up this morning and I had lost my voice. I've been trying to make sure I am well hydrated, and even went out and got some Gatorade to make sure I am super-hydrated; But my question is: Has anyone ever experienced this before?

I do know that I do want to try VG mixtures since the PG is a bit too harsh on my throat. I ordered some VG from LF but it will be a little while before it gets here.

Are you sure that's not from some other completely unrelated condition? Get off the ec's and see what happens.

Nitebreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Are you sure that's not from some other completely unrelated condition? Get off the ec's and see what happens.

I would love to, but I so do not want to go back to analogs! I would have smoked over 3 packs of analogs by now, and I am so excited I haven't. Also, I haven't vaped that much. I charged my battery on the eGo over 2.5 days ago, and I still haven't had to recharge yet. So, my use isn't that great. At least I don't think so.

Oddball

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
I would love to, but I so do not want to go back to analogs! I would have smoked over 3 packs of analogs by now, and I am so excited I haven't. Also, I haven't vaped that much. I charged my battery on the eGo over 2.5 days ago, and I still haven't had to recharge yet. So, my use isn't that great. At least I don't think so.

Point taken! Sounds like you're not a heavy user so i'm not sure if it is even related to the new ec's.
However, and don't take offense to this but if my wife lost her voice for 3 days I wouldn't necessarily consider that a bad thing :p

Nitebreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Point taken! Sounds like you're not a heavy user so i'm not sure if it is even related to the new ec's.
However, and don't take offense to this but if my wife lost her voice for 3 days I wouldn't necessarily consider that a bad thing :p

Hahahaha! Well, my wife loves my voice since she says I sound like Barry White. Now it's all scratchy to boot, and she has made comments. So, maybe there is a silver-lining after all. Haha.

~Milo~

Feb 22, 2011
USA
Ive read on here of some others experiencing the same thing, starting with loosing their voice at high end and working towards the low end.
Try some simple things like gargling with warm salt water, drink some tea with honey.
Hasn't happened to me so I cant speak from experience.
The others that have posted similar experiences, their voice did come back, also try changing juices.
Hope you get your voice back.

Nitebreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Right now I am using Caramel from LF. The only other flavors I have is the regular pre-filled carts for MRL from LF and a Cappuccino. I just worry about starting back on the analogs. I had ordered another Mixed Fruit from LF but I won't get that until next week, more than likely.

Any suggestions in finding a way to swap it out, is greatly appreciated. Thanks Milo and Rosa!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nicotine in 100% PG is harsh. Nicotine is a skin irritant and people get sore tongue, throat or even lungs vaping medium to high nicotine in 100% PG. Try some blends like 70pg/30vg. That ratio was enough VG for me to get rid of the sore numb tongue I would get on the 100% PG. Still a nice amount of TH and flavor w/ more visible vapor. If 70/30 is too harsh, try 50/50.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
@dormouse: When I lost my voice I had no throat irritation at all, my voice wasn't even raspy or husky sounding and my throat wasn't sore, I was simply mute in the higher tonal ranges of my voice. It's more likely that most people are getting a raspy husky voice from using PG, but is it possible for certain flavors to immobilize ones vocal cords? I was using atomic cinnacide at the time and if I even switched to a different flavor for a few hours my voice would begin to go back to normal, but whenever I used that particular flavor I'd start losing it again. Can cinnamon flavors do that?

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Is there a way I can get just VG juice locally so I can cut down this 100% PG? I do have an empty bottle I can mix it in. Thanks Dormouse!

You can usually get VG (often labeled simply as "glycerin") in either a craft store like Michael's near where the specialty cake decorating stuff is (wilton's glycerin) or at a place like Walmart either near the wedding cake decorating stuff or near the skin care aisle since it's also used as a skin protectant (near the skin first aid stuff like rubbing alcohol etc).

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
In a pharmacy, tell a clerk you need Glycerin USP. It should, as Rosa said, be near the bandaids and isopropyl alcohol, typically a 6 ounce clear bottle. Ingredients should state only Glycerin 99.5% (or higher), and possibly the word "Anhydrous", and is often marked skin protectant.

By itself it is quite thick -- mix a bit in with whatever liquid you already have. It'll knock down the flavor and the mg a bit, but should give you a feel for what it is like. (more vapor, less throat hit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread