Just not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
So you dont say much about what isnt cutting it for you but you have cut your smoking over 50%. Tob ejuice, well I agree with you. it just isnt that great but can be made good by adding a little menthol to it or some atomic fireball which makes it better than a cig imo.

For me ecigs dont cut it. I use them as an enjoyment device but I gotta have my maoi's and tob alkaloids. I use Swedish snus and love it, and boy does it have good tob flavor, maybe because it is tob. Im five months free of the analog and I was a 30 a day Pall Mall smoker to tell ya the truth snus combined with a little snuff delervers way more punch than any cig Ive ever smoked.

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
I was a 50 a day RYO smoker. Never pre-rolled and never with filters.
I hear what you are saying. I found these things worked for me:
I don't use a mod or a bigger battery because of the weight factor.
I use a 510 standard and treat the battery changes and juice filling just as I used to have to stop and roll another cigarette. For me, that was an important part of smoking, the ritual of preparing my next one.
Gripping it in my mouth was important too so I started using the flat tips from a 901, that worked a treat. (they fit straight on)
As for the tobacco flavours, I tried them all and didn't like them but am now so hooked on all the tasty flavours out there that I don't notice. (Rose is a favourite of mine at the moment)
When I'm relaxing I use a 601 pipe and really enjoy it.
I really hope you find something that works for you but, if not, at least you've cut back.

Not to digress, but whose rose are you vaping?

I just adore florals.

:D

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
Not to digress, but whose rose are you vaping?

I just adore florals.

:D
I think I said Eastmall before but on re-checking it was Heaven Gifts. and also Health Cabin. Can't tell the difference between them. different labels but both Dekang. Real Turkish Delight flavour. :)

Tried the new one from Health Cabin: Osmanthus Fragrans. Just didn't cut it for me. (Way too subtle) Can you recommend any other florals?

MikethePipe

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Suffolk
OK guys and dolls, thanks for the feedback.
You are all correct, i have gained quite a lot from vaping. Cut down from 50 per day to 20, has to be a big achievement and could get better.

I have no intentions to give up vaping completely, just not going to make it my first choice of smoking. At least until i can get a tobacco flavor that satisfies my taste and craving. I would love to quit the real fags but after 50 years of smoking 50+ a day it's not going to be easy. Also we here in the UK are well behind times when it comes to E-cigs, even my local GP has never heard of them, so choice of items like liquid is limited to high prices and lack of choice, or long waits and high shipping charges from outside the UK. I have tried 30 different liquids, none have cut it for me. Don't get me wrong, the liquids i have tried done what it said on the tin, the flavors were OK for the people who would like them, but! i don't go for the fruit or menthol stuff, I'm looking for real tasty tobacco made for Hand rolling, and OLD HOLBORN has been my life long tobacco. I never could enjoy pre-made off the counter cigarettes, and hate tips, they are not strong enough.
So far i have only been able to find one supplier that offered Old Holborn flavor, but it's not quite right for my taste buds.
I guess most of the failure is down to me, stuck on the same brand for so many years and an aroma i could smell 100 yards away and a taste that's lived with me all my life.

Like i said, not going to give up on this vaping, just not going to call it my number one smoke and quit the good old fashion taste that i have been accustomed to. If anything new, anything interesting comes along, i will give it a go and anyone that comes up with the right gear, right liquid, will have a long term customer and relieve me of my ££££'s.
Once again, thanks for the help/feedback.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

MikethePipe

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Suffolk
Mike have you tried OK Smokey's DF (double Flavour) Old Holborn?

Old Holborn Ultra DF 20ml 38mg - E-Liquid 20ml - Online Store - Ok Smokey - Electronic Cigarettes & Accessories

OK, I'm not saying it tastes 100% the same as OH baccie but IMHO I think it's the closest you will get.

Apparently the Drum flavour is also really good, but not got round to trying that one myself - yet.

Hi, yes i have got OK Smokeys DF Old Holborn 38mg and agree with you, so far it's the best i have found but like you say, still not like the real tobacco.
Not tried the drum in liquid form, as i never liked it much in the real tobacco.

Thanks for the feedback.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
You just keep vaping part-time. In most cases the more you vape the more you will enjoy it. I smoked 60 cigarettes a day for 40 years. I loved my cigarette and smoked even though I coughed every breath. I thought I would just try ecig. I did not plan on quitting cigarettes. But the more I vaped the more I like it and the nastier cigarettees tasted. I would never have believed it but I can no longer smoke a cigarette without getting sick. So I would suggest to continue to vape at least part-time and see how this works out.

I think if you were in my place and found that after vaping I could breathe again you would put more effort into vaping.

maryl

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
UK, Dorset
Mike
I am also in the UK and smoked roll-ups for many years. I have been using PG liquid from Swevan (Zigs) the plain tobacco at 26mg since September 09. I have tried many others along the way, including Drum and other tobacco flavours from UK companies but always go back to this one. They are a very helpful company, delivery is next day and their prices may be a little tad more but you buy what suits you. My health has improved immensley. It might sound boring to others to be usisng the same old liquid day in day out but that suits me just fine.
Also, Kate's advice above is sound, hers always is. Good luck.
Mary

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks all for the encouragement.
I have had a great offer from a supplier in the US and I'm going to try his offer. Watch out for an update once i have tried it.
Many thanks for the feedback.

Looking forward to the update :D

Wishing you good luck Mike :thumb: & don't forget, keep counting the real cigs you don't smoke, not the ones you do.

http://www.smokewithoutfire.co.uk/banners/360.png

As you can see from my ticker, it's so well worth doing, financially as well as health wise :)

MikethePipe

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Suffolk
Looking forward to the update :D

Wishing you good luck Mike :thumb: & don't forget, keep counting the real cigs you don't smoke, not the ones you do.

As you can see from my ticker, it's so well worth doing, financially as well as health wise :)

Yes, your right Chrissie, along with all the OP on here. Every ciggy not smoked, is one less. Sad day yesterday, see my new post.."LOST"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread