Vaping is not working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikethePipe

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Suffolk
I agree just about everyone that you should be very careful going above 36mg liquid. Please check everything else first- mods, flavors. smokeless etc. and give yourself time. Just a note, I think that nic gum ieither at 2 or 4 mg, I'm fairly sure that they don't sell 24 mg nic gum.

Sorry, you are correct, mine is 4mg...lol

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I seriously worry about anyone vaping 50mg liquid 24/7 .

As others have said try one of the large battery devices.

If you want a liquid that has a kick like a mule try Janty Heavy Shag .
Ohhh, Ivy talked about that one as being quite ciggy like, and I'd forgotten all about it. Glad you brought that one up Keef. I'll have to try some.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Your no different than a lot of folks, Mike. Many don't admit it and eventually slip away, discouraged because PV's worked for everyone else. I tend to look for the ones on slippery ground, since I finally gained my foothold. To be clear, some can switch to PV's and never look back, but not all. Typical advice for those struggling is higher nic, higher voltage, different flavors, method of inhale, etc. For some, none of that works and PV's are turned into money pits. The fact is some people need the tobacco alkaloids that get stripped from eliquids. These alkaloids have a maoi effect that acts as an anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drug. They're what gives a smoke that calm, relaxed feeling of mental focus (and initiate that morning bm). Eliquids can be made just as pure and still contain those alkaloids, but that adds to the expense and complexity of the process, so they only give us the stripped nicotine molecule instead.

A little background on me. I'm 46 years old and have had a lifetime of drug an alcohol abuse. 5 1/2 years ago I went to rehab for, hopefully, the last time. Since then strong coffee and smokes are what kept depression and anxiety in check. About a month after I switched to vaping I started experiencing increased symptoms of depression...no motivation to do more than breath, no interest in anything, very dark moods, total loss of appetite. And the anxiety seemed to build an a daily basis along with a growing, intense craving for something missing. At the same time I had a nice hot PV stuck to my face all my waking hours, vaping straight 54mg eliquid with an occasional 75mg boost. I was gettin' the nic, all that had changed was I wasn't smoking. Fast forward a bit, I hooked up with some folks here on the forum, some quite knowledgeable, and DVap, a chemist on the forum. Through much research on tobacco, it was determined what the problem was, the missing alkaloids. DVap invested serious time and money to make some eliquid that still contained those alkaloids and sent samples to me and some others who were like me. The stuff tasted and worked like the real thing, only without the smoke and all the other nasties. Good stuff for sure, but DVap couldn't keep producing it and nobody else will. Through more research by DVap and others we found Swedish snus offers the required alkaloids. Things being what they were, my choices were go back to smokes, use anti-depressant/anxiety drugs (never again) or suppliment with Swedish snus. That's how I got here.

A lot of folks never regain their body's ability to properly release dopamine due to substance abuse (including smokes), trauma or never did it right to begin with. That leaves us in a bad spot when switching to PV's only. That's also why so many want to quit, but are never able to give up a few a day. It helps to keep them mentally balanced. Swedish snus does that and so does dip/chew. Dip has it own health risks though and even though it's less harmful than smokes (studies show, regardless of anti-speak), Swedish snus is in a class by itself. Hundreds of years in use, it's been well studied. It's regulated as a food product in Sweden and can be no more harmful than any other edibles. It's discrete, spit-less, comes in quite a variety and has the goods to keep people like me moderately sane. Worth a try. Not only do I not smoke, I'm fairly happy and fully functional. Strange thing about this stuff is the feeling of calm goes much deeper than it ever did with smokes. No peaks and valleys. My challenge would be to hook up with some good Swedish snus and sit back to enjoy a nice relaxed vape session. If you have any questions about it, post some down in this forums "Smokeless" sub-forum. Guaranteed, everyone there's been in your shoes and more than happy help you out. Quite a few forum ladies using it, too. If you wanna look into the alkaloid stuff, click on my avatar and check the WTA stuff (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids). Good luck, bro :).

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yep, what they said.

Try to get some Swedish snus. Don't fret if it takes awhile. Every cig you don't smoke is a step in a better direction.

My PV was not an instant ticket. High enough nic helps. The right flavor helps more. Even then I kept smoking for awhile before I could put them down for good and my habit was not even in your class.

So, you've taken a step. You'll have a few more to take. The journey is the best part anyway, not the destination. You can find away.

gerudothief

Apr 12, 2010
Washington
I agree just about everyone that you should be very careful going above 36mg liquid. Please check everything else first- mods, flavors. smokeless etc. and give yourself time. Just a note, I think that nic gum ieither at 2 or 4 mg, I'm fairly sure that they don't sell 24 mg nic gum.

I know this is off topic, but I loved your pic with the cig vs. the ecig.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I was lucky, I could MAKE the e cig work for me, I was determined. I immediately went to 5 and 6 volt mods so things are even better but I can see snus in my future too. Truly, I'll do anything to stay away from the cigs, I feel so much better (even though at times anxious re: cigs). I just can't go back.

We could fill pages of all the good things about e cigs but you've read most. Please settle in and settle down to the fact that they are your new smoking device, stay away from analog smokers where possible. I too was a 40+ year smoker. I'm doing this and I hope you can too.

I would say we need a AA group but I think we're already here.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    He's not vaping 50 mg.......He's screwing with you....;)

Actually, people who can't seem to get satisfaction from vaping do sometimes try much stronger liquids. I know that TV was vaping those high levels of liquid and have talked to a few others here that are or have been vaping well over 36mg. Some people don't get satisfied from nicotine only and still crave the tobacco alkaloids. After chain vaping 36mg liquids at five and six volts and still not feeling satisfied, I started supplementing my vaping with some swedish snus and nasal snuff and that has done the trick for me. Perhaps the OP is one of these people that is missing the alkaloids.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread