Just Odered My First Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRISH BULL

Feb 1, 2013
Chicago
I have been using blu cigs for about 3 months now. I just ordered a eGo Twist with Vivi Nova tank with 3 different e-juice flavors from Mt Baker.

I "think" I know what I'm doing, but I want to make sure. So I have a few questions before I start.

Are there noob vids for first time users?
What should I start the battery level at?
What is the difference between resistance for head? 1.8 vs 2.4
How long and how should I steep the juice? I got 50/50 ratio of Carmel Candy, Marshmello, and Butterscotch from Mt Baker Vapor. (I got a sweet tooth)

Thanks.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Are there noob vids for first time users? Yep, tons on this site and Youtube.
What should I start the battery level at? Start out low and increase until you obtain good flavor and vape output.
What is the difference between resistance for head? 1.8 vs 2.4 Ohms law. volts*volts / ohms = wattage, i.e. Twist@ 3.8v (3.8 x 3.8 = 14.4
divided by 1.8ohms = 8 watts, divided by 2.4ohms = 6 watts) I generally vape around 7.5 watts.

How long and how should I steep the juice? I got 50/50 ratio of Carmel Candy, Marshmello, and Butterscotch from Mt Baker Vapor. (I got a sweet tooth) Steeping varies. Some need none, some need weeks. In general, I wait 10 after receiving in the mail.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Hey Bull.

PBusardo's review of the Vivi has some good information and tips:

A PBusardo Video Review - Vivi Nova 2.5

Start at 3.2V and just work your way up until you find the right level for you. Be a bit careful with the 1.8 ohm head, as some jucies will burn on that one above 4.2V (ish).

You'll need more volts with a higher resistance head to get the same vape you would with a lower resistance head. It's all about power (W):

2.4 ohm @ 3.7V = 5.7W
1.8 ohm @ 3.7V = 7.6W

2W makes a huge difference to the vape - you'll find that out for yourself soon enough! The beauty of the Twist is that, for any given head, you can dial in your preferred setting. I've always used this site to check my power calculations when switching between different heads.

The 2.4 ohm head should give you a better range of "safe" voltages for vaping most juices than the 1.8 ohm head. A lot of people use this chart as a guide to start with.

I'll let someone else answer your question about steeping because I don't have any experience with Mt Baker Vapor juices.

JJ

EDIT: rotku beat me to it!

Last edited:

edmurth

Mar 31, 2013
Manchester, UK
Is it OK to steep one of my juices inside the Vivi tank? I just got it all yesterday, and I want to try it out. But I'm worried if it taste bad, I can let the juice sit in the tank for a few more days and try again.

It'll steep in the tank but to be honest unless they state otherwise on the website a pre mixed e-liquid should be already steeped and ready to vape. I generally steep my own juices in a cool dark cupboard with the lid of the bottle.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I ordered a 50/50 mix on the juices. I just tried the Butter Scotch, and the throat hit is pretty hard. More than what I'm used to from blu and Jet. Is that the PG that is causing the strong throat hit?

I probably should have went with a 80/20 mix at the most, right?

I always see PG stated first so 80/20 would be 80% PG, 20% VG. Hm... wonder if others reverse it?

Far as I can tell, the "hit" is the nicotine. Maybe your nicotine level is a tad high? In my experience, 50/50 doesn't "hit" too strongly. I don't like throat hit as much as I like vapor so I lean toward more VG liquids. But 50/50 works great for me. Nice balance. I'd be more suspicious you started with level of nicotine that's a bit high.

The other thing is I don't know if Mount Baker does made to order. Their website looks like they might since you can select a number of options and even add extra flavor. So it could be the liquid needs steeping. Or at least some vigorous shaking. The made to order liquids don't have much time to "blend" since they're so fresh. You could be getting tons of the nicotine because it's not evenly distributed in the juice. I did have one I didn't give enough time and had a really strong flavor and "hit" at the beginning then it faded as I got further down in the bottle. I needed to let that one sit a while. Learned the hard way. :)

There are tons of more manufactured liquids that aren't made to order that are more "ready to vape" than the handcrafted ones. You could get some of those to use while steeping the more specialty, handcrafted juices.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hey Bull.

PBusardo's review of the Vivi has some good information and tips:

A PBusardo Video Review - Vivi Nova 2.5

Start at 3.2V and just work your way up until you find the right level for you. Be a bit careful with the 1.8 ohm head, as some jucies will burn on that one above 4.2V (ish).

You'll need more volts with a higher resistance head to get the same vape you would with a lower resistance head. It's all about power (W):

2.4 ohm @ 3.7V = 5.7W
1.8 ohm @ 3.7V = 7.6W

2W makes a huge difference to the vape - you'll find that out for yourself soon enough! The beauty of the Twist is that, for any given head, you can dial in your preferred setting. I've always used this site to check my power calculations when switching between different heads.

The 2.4 ohm head should give you a better range of "safe" voltages for vaping most juices than the 1.8 ohm head. A lot of people use this chart as a guide to start with.

I'll let someone else answer your question about steeping because I don't have any experience with Mt Baker Vapor juices.

JJ

EDIT: rotku beat me to it!

I need this too. I'm kinda drooling over a VV but it'll be new to me.

I'm gonna have to find what dusty corner of my brain I left Ohm's law. :)

IRISH BULL

Feb 1, 2013
Chicago
Good luck exploring the world of VV. It's awesome!

Just a suggestion, you may want to pick up another tank or two. I really like the BCC type tanks.

I couldn't agree more. I definitely would like a bigger tank and more of them.

I placed another order and made it 80% VG and 30% Distilled H20. Kinda like the blu cartos. And dropped the nicotine level from 24mg to 18mg. Helluva lot better. Now I don't know what caused the throat hit to soften up, but I really don't care. lol It is soooo much better than the blu e-cig.

I'll just stick with the 70/30 VG/H2O and 18mg. Now I need another battery.

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
I have been using blu cigs for about 3 months now. I just ordered a eGo Twist with Vivi Nova Tank with 3 different e-juice flavors from Mt Baker.

I "think" I know what I'm doing, but I want to make sure. So I have a few questions before I start.

Are there noob vids for first time users?
What should I start the battery level at?
What is the difference between resistance for head? 1.8 vs 2.4
How long and how should I steep the juice? I got 50/50 ratio of Carmel Candy, Marshmello, and Butterscotch from Mt Baker Vapor. (I got a sweet tooth)

Thanks.

Something I haven't seen mentioned or asked....Did you get a charger for the twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread