Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Thnx Amy, ((group hug)) for all of us.

your welcome..shortly after reading this and feeling the way you are with all the mess around us with fires, flooding, the earthquake and the huricane and now this alert of terrorism and now just found an "event" caused power outage in San Diego and 1.4 million are out of power..and omg,,,,,,,it just goes on and on and it does feel overwhelming...and now the 9/11 anniversary is coming and I do not know why, but in the past week-as new documentaries are being made and the media is hyping it up--i am feeling that grief i felt the day it happened...it feels like yesterday:(
BUT
I am proud to me an American, I love my fellow Americans (and i do not care what politically party they belong to) and I will NEVER FORGET!! For a brief time, we Americans stood together without being divided by politics, religion or all the other "hot" topics--we were a country standing together :) That is what I hope 9/11 will mean to people now and in our future, I hope that is how we "observe" the date 9/11/2001.
Love Everyone (((((joining group hug with calico))))

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Yes I know all about that feeling. I lived right next to the major fires the San Diego area had in 2003. Almost right up to our back door. Scarey, us all out with our hoses making sure our "manufactured housing community" didn't go up in smoke. (That's a trailer park to us mid-westerners)
I was working for the school district out there when the attacks happened and my leadworker thought I was nuts when I ran in at 6 am and told her and said turn on the t.v. I always get sad and sentimental on 9/11. We were one! We can and should be one now!

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
...on the same lines

....tonight watching Obama's speech was just depressing, the whole thing just made me cry. I can't believe that in this day & age with all the wonders abound, that our government/politicians can't get it together enough to fix some of these problems.

There is so many things we as humans can not do anything about (ie;weather,fires,earthquakes) but,all the stuff they can do something about ...they just refuse to work together and do whatever needs to be done,for all of us & for the future of America !

Just sad ....as you put it..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread