Just say "NO" to "eGO"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Well that was interesting. Like watching a cat fight.

I have nothing against the OPs choice of PVs(might be great for all I know), but I hate inaccuracies. There is also no need to bash a PV he has appearantly not been using, as he has stated he has a Riva not an eGo. Also, keep in mind, there may be alot of new people waiting for their eGos to arrive. The last thing they need to read from someone being so "experienced" is that their choice was a poor one.

Last edited:

Bimbo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
I have nothing against the OPs choice of PVs(might be great for all I know), but I hate inaccuracies. There is also no need to bash a PV he has appearantly not been using, as he has stated he has a Riva not an eGo. Also, keep in mind, there may be alot of new people witing for their eGos to arrive. The last thing they need to read from someone being so "experienced" is that their choice was a poor one.

Thumbs UP!

dongenero

Jul 27, 2010
San Diego
"Dude. Can we get past the argument?"

That's up to you as you keep arguing without asking anything.l

"I'm actually interested in hearing about this PV just from a features standpoint."

I tried my best to compare the 900 XPower to the 900 ego. I told you about the differences in appearance, the difference in size of the units, the difference in size of the cartridges.

"Can you give us photos of the components? Show us the big cartridge?"

Having problems getting web pages to show that, but a very good comparison is that is *extremely* similar to the new "Joye 510 Mega" atty and cartridge (as different from the "eGO Mega atty and Mega cartridge" is size and capacity.

"I want to see the threading and the cone."

The threads have fewer per inch so they are bigger and deeper, while about the same in length. And ime, they screw on slightly better than my Riva.

"How does it perform against the Riva?"

First thing I noticed was that I got a bigger draw and noticeably more vapor on my XPower - not like going from 3.7 to 6 v, but just more vapor. I quickly noticed how much longer the X carts lasted. I noticed that while the Riva has an almost "cotton ball" type wicking, that the X had a material like the type that folks recommend we buy at the store and cut up. I noticed that I have to watch out with the X carts because they will vape just fine until the wicking is really dry. And, of course, the Riva only came with a 650 (680) mah while the X comes with 900's. And this probably isn't a "performance" issue, but its slightly larger size really felt more comfortable in my hand.

"Are you using genuine Joyetech atomizers (it makes a difference)?" Not originally but I used someone's e-liquid that seemed to mess them up, so I specifically ordered two new "Joye" attys as I had read about that quality issue. I did not notice any vapor or taste difference in the Joyes, although unlike my originals, they are still working fine.

"What battery are they supplying in the tube?"

All I know is that it's a 900 mah. Unlike Joye or Janty or Riva, XPower offers complete kits in either the 650 or 900.

"Things like that."

God knows that i did NOT want to stir up a hornet's nest. I had done research here and elsewhere and I noticed a LOT of folks here (this forum) were looking for an upgrade to a 650 or 900 while not being ready to jump to a bit mod. About the only option offered that was not a "mod" was the eGO and owners - who had never touched an XPower - raved about their egos. Owning both, I thought that it might be of value to offer a comparison and opinions from someone who actually owned and had given both a full test ride. My eGO is "fine" - it's much better than my first e-cig. But, imho, the XPower, being in the same "class"/"group" is superior.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Kay, we're almost there. lol The Riva is 750mAh(not 650/680). Those that are labled 680mAh are the cheapest of knock offs. And again, Healthcabin and several other suppliers DO offer the 900mAh batts in kit form. As you said, at more of a premium. But whatever *shrug* as long as it works, that is what is important. You're first post was both misinformed and confrontational. That is how this got stirred up. If your post had been something like "For those looking into an eGo, take a look at this" rather than "Don't buy an eGo, they are inferior", nobody would have said a word against you. IMHO, your delivery, and several pieces of misinformation, were the only problems with your choice in topics. I hope that makes sense.

dongenero

Jul 27, 2010
San Diego
.. if you were talking about a Riva, why on earth would you call it a Joye eGo. Not even close to accurate. As for cost, you CAN get a 900mAh joye eGo kit w/ two batts(not just one) for $55, a bit more delivered. I bought my eGo mega attys for $6.59 on sale, granted it was a great sale but that is what I paid. And in no way do the Xpower attys show any signes of being proven to out perform the 306 based eGo mega atty. You get what you pay for.And no one with any kind of experience in the e-cig world would bash an eGo, when in fact they are talking about a Riva. As for cheaper? Again, you get what you pay for. Being that your Xpower has at most a 14 day warranty, compared to my 6 month warranty, I'll pay a bit extra to have a proven workhorse. Reguardless of your rude, inexperienced comments, I wish you all the luck in the world with your knock off. Hopefull it will last.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you don't understand the nature of what a "paragraph" is. In the first paragraph, I was talking about "ego"s in general. In the second paragraph, I was talking about why there were so many egos out there. Two paragraphs - two entirely different subjects.

I had checked and I spent 20 minutes checking again at the top 10 sites that sells Joye egos. None of them offered a Joye eGO "kit" with just 900 bats.

As to outlasting, while I never said anything about "outlasting", I'll discount your crystal ball thinking on how long a brand new atty is going to last.

As to guarantee, I got a 6 month guarantee on both the attys and the batteries.

Riva v ego? That's a 50 - 50 split depending on what a person owns. Every Riva owner I've listened to is glad the "upgraded".

The "rude" is all yours as are your obsurd claims about new and untested products. Come back in 6 months and we'll see whose equipment is still working - until then, nobody knows diddly about it.

dongenero

Jul 27, 2010
San Diego
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: disruptive post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread