Just saying hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Appreciate it and thank you for the advice, I'll check it out.
Dave

Welcome, Dave. Stress can certainly push you back toward the cigarettes, but you've done well to seek out a new strategy when the old one faltered. If you're wondering about alternative equipment, feel free to ask about that or anything else.

The smok Nord has many loyal users and the smok brand is widespread and well-marketed, but smok seems to have a decided weakness when it comes to quality control. Sometimes they produce a a good product, other times it's DOA or fails in a month or two. Check out the Vape Pod Systems forum if you'd like to learn about some other options (of which there are many).

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome. I think Smok can do pods (sometimes) better than mods. I think your biggest issue may be dialing in your nicotine level, as what you are using now is insanely high in nic, but you may still need high nic salts..

Your best bet (IMHO) might be to get some 0 nic liquids (flavors) and some salt nic, and try to figure out what ratio works.

Be prepared for the loss of the Juul "secret ingredient." I don't know what it is, but many former Juul users have a bit of a time switching regardless of nic content. I am convinced it is some sort of secret additive although I certainly don't KNOW that.

I do know when my son had a Juul I took one puff and handed it back going "That is way too rich for MY blood."

The kidi actually had to start smoking again to quit the Juul habit. I thought it was interesting. He had been a large Maker of Low nic clouds before that and quit rather easily.

Well, welcome, and best of luck!
Anna

Reactions: Dlpsr

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the welcome and the good advice, hoping I'm fortunate to have only used the Juul for about 2-3 weeks. The 3% Juul pods were nothing for me. I'd been smoking quite a few stogies medium to strong and the those 13 packs of Kool super longs.
Appreciate it.
Dave

Welcome. I think Smok can do pods (sometimes) better than mods. I think your biggest issue may be dialing in your nicotine level, as what you are using now is insanely high in nic, but you may still need high nic salts..

Your best bet (IMHO) might be to get some 0 nic liquids (flavors) and some salt nic, and try to figure out what ratio works.

Be prepared for the loss of the Juul "secret ingredient." I don't know what it is, but many former Juul users have a bit of a time switching regardless of nic content. I am convinced it is some sort of secret additive although I certainly don't KNOW that.

I do know when my son had a Juul I took one puff and handed it back going "That is way too rich for MY blood."

The kidi actually had to start smoking again to quit the Juul habit. I thought it was interesting. He had been a large Maker of Low nic clouds before that and quit rather easily.

Well, welcome, and best of luck!
Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So far so good, I think I'm liking vaping.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your on the right track.
Some Vaping Advantages/Benefits: (probably forgetting some)
Health, physical and mental
Appearance over time
Able to control nicotine intake
Taste (flavors)
Cost
Cleanliness
No stink, self,clothes, environment
Hobby
Fun
Stealthy.less negative social stigma
Promote new like minded friendships
Scalability, near complete control of all the above

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the welcome and the information.
Dave

Welcome and glad you joined.
Your on the right track.
Some Vaping Advantages/Benefits: (probably forgetting some)
Health, physical and mental
Appearance over time
Able to control nicotine intake
Taste (flavors)
Cost
Cleanliness
No stink, self,clothes, environment
Hobby
Fun
Stealthy.less negative social stigma
Promote new like minded friendships
Scalability, near complete control of all the above

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Curious. Being I'm totally ignorant on nic levels why is my current intake insanely high? Don't want to be doing anything dangerous.
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for the welcome and the good advice, hoping I'm fortunate to have only used the Juul for about 2-3 weeks. The 3% Juul pods were nothing for me. I'd been smoking quite a few stogies medium to strong and the those 13 packs of Kool super longs.
Appreciate it.
Dave

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Sometimes (at first) it can take very strong nicotine to get you off the smokes. Part of this is because there are other things in tobacco that you are craving. Do what it takes to stay off them. Most e-liquids are rated in mg/ml of nicotine. When I quit, I needed 18 mg nic (24mg is also very common at first) but your 5% = 50 mg That is very high but it really depends on how much you vape each day. With a small "pod" you are getting less vapor so higher nic is common. The rule is to figure mg of nic times how many ml of "juice" you vape a day. 10 ml x 9 mg/ml = 90 mg... 30 ml x 3mg/ml = 90 mg (both sort of extreme examples) so it's about the same total amount. 2 ml x 50 mg/ml = 100 mg. Consider getting another "pod" device and using 3% (30 mg) salt nic but also have your 5% (50 mg) for the times you need it most. Hopefully, you will get used to the lower amounts.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Congratulations on quitting/cutting back on the smokes. I too began with the Juul. The high level of nic in the juul pods didn't faze me at all - 50% nic salts I believe. However, I made more progress when I switched to an innokin mod and vaped 24mg. 2 1/2 years later I am down to 3mg nic and 19 months without a cigarette. Don't worry too much about nicotine for now. I certainly needed a high dose to get off the smokes.

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Appreciate the positive feedback. After some other user advice I'm now leaning towards a Voopoo Vinci X. I kinda like the pod approach and am a novice at vaping and hardware.

Thanks,
Dave

Sometimes (at first) it can take very strong nicotine to get you off the smokes. Part of this is because there are other things in tobacco that you are craving. Do what it takes to stay off them. Most e-liquids are rated in mg/ml of nicotine. When I quit, I needed 18 mg nic (24mg is also very common at first) but your 5% = 50 mg That is very high but it really depends on how much you vape each day. With a small "pod" you are getting less vapor so higher nic is common. The rule is to figure mg of nic times how many ml of "juice" you vape a day. 10 ml x 9 mg/ml = 90 mg... 30 ml x 3mg/ml = 90 mg (both sort of extreme examples) so it's about the same total amount. 2 ml x 50 mg/ml = 100 mg. Consider getting another "pod" device and using 3% (30 mg) salt nic but also have your 5% (50 mg) for the times you need it most. Hopefully, you will get used to the lower amounts.
Congratulations on quitting/cutting back on the smokes. I too began with the Juul. The high level of nic in the juul pods didn't faze me at all - 50% nic salts I believe. However, I made more progress when I switched to an innokin mod and vaped 24mg. 2 1/2 years later I am down to 3mg nic and 19 months without a cigarette. Don't worry too much about nicotine for now. I certainly needed a high dose to get off the smokes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well in part, the Juul is a weaker delivery system, so you don't get as much vapor per puff. But I think they sort of messed around with the levels and additives so a normalish smoker would get through the day on one.

Nicotine is only ONE factor, there is also the delivery device. So it's not like they are INSANELY high unless you are going through 5 pods a day. One or so seems normal (exempting some teens, sigh.)

Anna

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Reactions: Dlpsr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread