Just tried fluval fish filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanonia

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
UK
extraview.dnsalias.com
Fluval fish filter as wadding for carts. Just popped out and got some from local pet smart.

Cut off a small part (use sharp scissors to get clean cuts and not strands)

I rolled my part instead of folding and it seems to work very very well.

Just the same material as in the carts.

I got enough to make about 2000+ carts for about £4.50 in the UK about $6.50

I notice no difference at all to this and normal wadding / wicks.

Catanonia

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
UK
extraview.dnsalias.com
It really is working brilliantly for me lu..I retried the kitchen paper towel with a much better quality paper towel but the tea bag material definately works better.

LOL, Hope it is Yorkshire Tea :)

Might have to give that a go.

Any place that has tropical fish and filters / food for sale should stock fluval as it is the main player in the market.

Vapor Cloud9

Apr 8, 2009
I am new to this forum and posting to forums in general but I have spent quite a few hours reading and learning from everyone here. After reading about the teabags I thought about coffee filters too and I decided to give it a try last night. I have a DSE 901 and my husband just started using a Pilot. We have been using the coffee filter all day today and so far it has worked really well. The flavor is much better for both us and I haven't had to top off my carts near as much as I was with the normal filler that comes in the carts. We are doing just as surbitonPete said (thanks for the idea) and loosely rolling it up, trimming it to length and then filling it with juice. I did try the loose poly-fil (from Walmart) and while that worked okay, I couldn't consistently get the thickness right and it was proving to be more frustrating than it was worth for me. This is working much better for us and we are really liking the improved flavor of the juice. Just thought I would share our experience with anyone who is curious.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I am new to this forum and posting to forums in general but I have spent quite a few hours reading and learning from everyone here. After reading about the teabags I thought about coffee filters too and I decided to give it a try last night. I have a DSE 901 and my husband just started using a Pilot. We have been using the coffee filter all day today and so far it has worked really well. The flavor is much better for both us and I haven't had to top off my carts near as much as I was with the normal filler that comes in the carts. We are doing just as surbitonPete said (thanks for the idea) and loosely rolling it up, trimming it to length and then filling it with juice. I did try the loose poly-fil (from Walmart) and while that worked okay, I couldn't consistently get the thickness right and it was proving to be more frustrating than it was worth for me. This is working much better for us and we are really liking the improved flavor of the juice. Just thought I would share our experience with anyone who is curious.

thanks for the 2nd on the coffee filter thing - I'm going to try tonight....I've come to the conclusion that my cart batting is ready to be changed.....some really foul tasting vapor comes off that one, and I've tried swapping everything else out....

Finally, something I can get for this new addiction of mine that I can buy LOCALLY!!!!!!!!

Vapor Cloud9

Apr 8, 2009
Yes, I plan on picking up the unbleached filters myself on my next trip to the grocery store. All I had were the white bleached ones to try for now.

One other tip I forgot to mention is that we found that you do have to roll it up a little loose and leave a hole in the center. It just seems to work better - we aren't having to drag as hard and it produces more vapor for me using the DSE901.

OMG I love using the teabag. This produces a way better draw and vapor. Bonus is, I won't have to worry about all those loose poly fibers coming off the cartridge and melting on my atomizer. As well, I won't have to go through the weekly maintaince of washing out the cartridge's filler.
Thank you for all for the great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread