K.I.S.S Method for Newbies: Answer the Following Questions to Decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Considering that there is a lot of confusion/information when attempting to learn about ecigs and selecting a model, the principle of KISS applies. (Keep it simple stupid).

Three very basic questions/comments will narrow your list of choices very quickly.

1. How many analogs do you smoke?

2. Are you the type of person that doesn't mind fiddling with things - or you won't do that?

3. Forget the "mall" type models including the E8, E9, Blu, Greensmoke, L88, etc. They are a waste of money. Choose something else.

There, you have it somewhat narrowed down, and have excluded much of what you have seen on the net.

Now for the answers.

If you smoke over 1 pack a day, certainly if you smoke more than 1.5, you likely need an eGo type of model. Basically, you need something with a fat battery for performance. Most model types currently have their "eGO version".

If you like to fiddle and play with options to try and find the "perfect" vaping experience, then you will want an atomizer with your ecig. Therefore, you need a 3 piece model. That way you could try dripping, use a cartridge, use a cartomizer, etc. Basically, whatever you end up liking to do.

If you know you hate to mess with stuff and want simplicity then there is only one option - cartomizer. You can either select a true 2 piece model like the 4081 or KR808, or a 3 piece model like a 510, 801, fat battery type like an eGo, etc. and simply use a cartomizer to make it a 2 piece model.

Not to make this too simplistic, but this is not nearly as complicated as it seems to be at first.

Once you get this far, there are a myriad of options to consider, but you need to answer these first - and go from there.

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
LOL thanks, We forget the first day we looked into ecigs and the billion options available. Why many people make mistakes...or get very confused. It all seems like second nature to us now... but not then.

No matter how simple I try and make this, someone will always meddle with the formula and throw out a mod or something... LOL.

Last edited:

chad7480

Oct 22, 2010
Utah
Not to make this too simplistic, but this is not nearly as complicated as it seems to be at first.

I wish I would have come across this forum sooner. I ordered a "Free Trial" from a company that not too many people have good things to say about last week. After reading through the forums here I realized that I had made a big mistake! I ended up calling and trying to cancel but it had already shipped..... grrrr, oh well, I will send it back when it gets here.

Today, I ordered a 510 cartomizer starter kit with two batteries and I added a third for good measure. I also ordered 5 extra cartomizers for a total of 10. Jason at electronicstix.com has been great at answering my questions quickly which has been very much appreciated! I cant wait for it to get here and hopefully get my cigarette smoking days behind me!

Does anyone have any advice on where to find the best prices for make your own ingredients?

I really appreciate the wealth of information this site provides. It seems to be an excellent resource, especially for newbies like myself!

Chad

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Any pointers?
They have a hard plastic cap.

Condom Method is as simple as it can possibly be:
1. Take off cap
2. Fill 1/2
3. Slowly slide carto in to force juice in
4. Pull out and wipe off
5. Done.

If you have an auto battery you may want to use the drip method as juice may get into the battery hole. I am sure you have a manual if I recall correctly, so not an issue. For other readers...

EDIT: If you own the new CE2's or eGO XL then you have to use a syringe to fill. Precisely why I own neither.

Last edited:

njrockpd

Oct 15, 2010
New Jersey
I ordered a Blu about a week ago because I figured the pack that doubles as a battery was pretty cool and it was a three piece that I wanted to fiddle with, fortunately I came across this thread and Blu cigs suck as a company. I ordered exactly a week ago and when I went to check on the order tonight it said "processing" so I called customer service and discovered that they hadn't shipped so I cancelled it. Now I'm back in the search for something to replace my Njoy from 7/11. Thanks for the advice and I know I want the three peice, but our there other companies that aren't complete garbage with a starter kit like Blu's. I really would love to have the chargable pack and the 25 carts with assorted flavors really drew me in. Any suggestions?

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Well, you and every person alive wants the same thing - initially. That's the problem. I want something that looks like an analog, has great battery life, tastes great, etc. Unfortunately, that animal does not exist, as of yet.

The ecig world is about trade offs. This is exactly why I asked how many you smoked...

EDIT: Point being if you could buy a mini ecig, that looked like an analog, worked great, great battery life, tasted great, etc. there would be zero need for this forum. 100% of people would buy it - tomorrow - (including me) and we would all be happy clams. Unfortunately, that is not possible at this time.

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
New to the forums. I have been vaping for 5 weeks and just bought an ego. What carto do you recommend?

Depends if you love to fiddle... lol. A lot of people like the new CE2's. But you have to fill those with a syringe. Perhaps I am a total lazy ..., but not going there. I use standard BOGE 510. LiteCigUSA has them for $8 for a box of 5.

Personally, anything that requires a hassle is not in my future...

The new XL Mega for the EGO also require a syringe, fyi. They are also not in my future for this reason...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread