Which mini tank gets your vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
The Mini Protank2 and Protank2 with an Aero base are by far my favorite tanks. Stock coils give good but not great performance so I make my own coils and use cotton for wicking. Cotton will wick juice much faster than the stock silica wick so it is possible to run much hotter to get more flavor and vapor. I run between 1.1-1.6 Ohms at 10watts, change the wick/clean the coil every 3 days and replace the coil every 4-6 weeks. A lifetime supply of wire and cotton is under $20.

So you like to use cotton. Cool. Now Im confused about all the talk about what kind and where to purchase. Some use regular cotton balls, others use organic, some travel to Malaysia to get exotic brand xyz because it not treated with bleached ect. j/k.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
I usually use cvs sterile rolled cotton in drippers, but it can be a major pita to use consistantly in kanger coils.

I've found that cotton yarn works fantastic in kanger coils. Its totally fool proof since its always just the right cotton wick diameter to fit the coil properly.... not too tight and not too loose. Just consistant wick fit every time...rewick after rewick...consistant results.

Lilly brand white cotton yarn. It's 100% cotton. or walmart brand "peaches and cream" yarn.
It has to be rinsed well and boiled to get rid of the sizing and other stuff the yarn picks up in manufacturing or it will taste crappy.
So Boil it and rinse it then reboil it... drain it in a strainer, or blot it semi dry between clean paper towels, then and lay it in a pyrex baking dish and put it in a clean oven at 250f for a half hour or so until its dry. You'll notice that a strand of the yarn consists of four individual strands twisted together. Strip one strand away and use the remaining three strands together as your wicking material.

The yarn as described above, one strand stripped out so you have three as the wick, fit perfectly in 1/16" i.d. coils as well as the slightly smaller i.d. coils made on a 343 precision screwdriver shank. slightly moisten one end and twist it between your fingers to make it slim enough to easily thread through the coil, the snip it even with the outside edge of the base flange. (see kanger rebuilding threads)

AS with ANY cotton wicked coil, it may taste a little "cottony" the first several hits, but afterwards the cotton yarn will give much better flavor than the stock silica garbage.

btw...Of course, dont forget to prime the wick with some juice before use or you'll burn the cotton.

hth

ZELPHIE...
You'll never match what you can get out of a dripper...but as far as how much better rebuilt coils perform over stock coils, I'd say oh about THREE hundred percent better. Like I already said once you get it right, the quality nearly rivals that of a russian91 (or a kayfun)

Last edited:

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
So you like to use cotton. Cool. Now Im confused about all the talk about what kind and where to purchase. Some use regular cotton balls, others use organic, some travel to Malaysia to get exotic brand xyz because it not treated with bleached ect. j/k.

I purchased organic cotton balls from a drug store chain. I started out boiling a few balls and letting them dry overnight but my last few wicks were made right out of the bag and I didn't notice any difference. I assume cotton yarn should work just as well or better. These kanger cotton coils will rival a dripper in flavor and blow away a stock coil both in flavor and vapor production.

The Nautilus Mini or Kanger Aerotank Mini are both super solid tanks - Owned both but if I had to pick the nod would go to Aspire Nautilus Mini tank.

Even better vape get a EHPRO Kayfun Nano - Super vape but its a rebuild-able atty. Its a little extra work but well worth it !!!! whip.gif

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have thrown out 2- Kayfun minis in the garbage. Have not had any I could not build but could not build them. Have tried a lot of mini's trying to find a rebuildable for the wife. Gave up looking and the wife now has 4- KangerTech Mini 3's but I took out the duel coils and run single coils in them. She has been using them for a couple months now and it is the only thing she likes. She likes her things small and dainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread