Which mini tank gets your vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Has anyone tried the Kanger Genitank yet?
To me it looks like its a cross between the mini Aerotank and mini Protank in that it has airflow control with a different base, uses an "upgrade" dual coil head( for better wicking supposedly) that is compatible with other mini tanks, and is SS coated instead of all SS.

Im also wondering about the Aspire K1 (only single coil I know of), and the innokin Gladius. I know many love the Aspire nautilus mini ( and reg size), but Im looking for something slimmer.

So out of these, which one gets your best vote?
-Aerotank mini
-Protank mini
-Genitank mini
-Aspire K1 mini
- Any other super slims?

Last edited:

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
I'm looking forward to trying out the Aspire K1. I've seen reviews say that it vapes like the Nautilus Mini, though the airflow isn't adjustable (unless you want to drill out the holes, which I don't). The price is great, and BVC's.

I really want a Silo Lite though as well, capacity right between the Naut Mini and the full Naut which is perfect for my needs. Again though, no adjustable airflow.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
GeniTanks are brass and chrome plated, I don't think any of it is stainless.

I do like the look of the new air control valve though.

My vote, AeroTank mini

Yes, I do like the V3 air control valve, but I do wish more tanks were all SS. I like the Aerotank mini for that reason, and the SS body option looks nice too.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I'm looking forward to trying out the Aspire K1. I've seen reviews say that it vapes like the Nautilus Mini, though the airflow isn't adjustable (unless you want to drill out the holes, which I don't). The price is great, and BVC's.

I really want a Silo Lite though as well, capacity right between the Naut Mini and the full Naut which is perfect for my needs. Again though, no adjustable airflow.
Ive heard great things about the K1. Although there are some concerns about the BVC filler material. I don't know if they are true or what but some say its a crumbly fiberglass type thing. IDK... Anyone with info on that would be great!

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
I'd go with the kanger mini pro2 v2, and build my own coils. A skill set well worth learning for superior performance and huge money savings in the long run vs buying sub-par chinese replacement coils.

Home made coils for the single coil kangers are much better than the stock crap, even the dual coil heads dont even come close to the flavor and vapor you can get on a rebuilt single coil kanger. The mini pro kanger runs an ego base so it does not suffer the flooding and gurgling problems the larger protanks suffered because of the squashed rubber grommet choking off the airflow inside of the stock 510 base.

You can add an aerotank mini base to the minipro2 if you want more airflow...
KangerTech Mini Aerotank Base - Sun-Vapers.com

Building your own coils is really simple once you get the hang of it and wicked with cotton just blows away most stock coils....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/463771-protank-cotton-rebuild-way-i-do.html

I regularly run the old protank2's with the aerotank base and my own cotton wicked coils and have zero flooding or gurgeling problems, and the flavor and vapor rivals what I get out of my russian91.

My own second choice would be a kayfun mini fwiw

hth

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I'd go with the kanger mini pro2 v2, and build my own coils. A skill set well worth learning for superior performance and huge money savings in the long run vs buying sub-par chinese replacement coils.

Home made coils for the single coil kangers are much better than the stock crap, even the dual coil heads dont even come close to the flavor and vapor you can get on a rebuilt single coil kanger. The mini pro kanger runs an ego base so it does not suffer the flooding and gurgling problems the larger protanks suffered because of the squashed rubber grommet choking off the airflow inside of the stock 510 base.

You can add an aerotank mini base to the minipro2 if you want more airflow...
KangerTech Mini Aerotank Base - Sun-Vapers.com

Building your own coils is really simple once you get the hang of it and wicked with cotton just blows away most stock coils....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/463771-protank-cotton-rebuild-way-i-do.html

I regularly run the old protank2's with the aerotank base and my own cotton wicked coils and have zero flooding or gurgeling problems, and the flavor and vapor rivals what I get out of my russian91.

My own second choice would be a kayfun mini fwiw

hth
Thanks a lot, good info!

FCastle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2014
United States
I use a Mini Davide and K1 with BVC coils. Great flavor and vapor, good draw, and the coils usually last 3-4 weeks. I have a Mini Protank 2 and it doesn't impress me. The draw isn't that good, it seems kind of cheaply made, and with stock coils it has wicking issues due to how the coil sits down in the base. After I tried the BVC coils I didn't see any reason to mess with rewicking coils all the time. Even if you're going to use Kanger coils I'd get the Mini Davide over the mini Protank. The Davide seems more well made, has a bit more capacity and better draw, and can use both Kanger single coils and BVC coils.

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
The Mini Protank2 and Protank2 with an Aero base are by far my favorite tanks. Stock coils give good but not great performance so I make my own coils and use cotton for wicking. Cotton will wick juice much faster than the stock silica wick so it is possible to run much hotter to get more flavor and vapor. I run between 1.1-1.6 Ohms at 10watts, change the wick/clean the coil every 3 days and replace the coil every 4-6 weeks. A lifetime supply of wire and cotton is under $20.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Im not impressed at all with my aerotank. The TH and vapor production is good but I taste NOTHING (except maybe a little of the wick)! Ive been dripping thus far and cant tolerate such a change in flavor.
I know I can try to rebuild my own heads, but I have to ask those who drip, HOW much better does the flavor get with rebuilding?
I can drip at home, that's find, but when Im out and especially when Im driving (as I don't drip and drive anymore:laugh:) I want a simple small tank that has SOME flavor.

What wicking materials seem to work best for flavor in these tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread