Kanger Dripbox 160 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyWhatshisface

Aug 10, 2016
Thank you for the reminder of what this thread should be about, so easy to get drawn into things like these. My apologies to the participants in this thread.
Likewise. And also, Mooch, thank you for the good conversation - it was actually rather pleasant discussing this with you. Debate is certainly my favourite form of dialogue. I hope I didn't come off as being a jerk - wasn't my intention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadtrip635

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks for confirming that! I ordered both sizes from FDV just in case ... before you posted the size ... but hopefully I will be able to use the 3mm ones for another conversion down the road. Glad to hear of no leaking as the leaking (due to over squonking) is getting old on my Tsunami 24.

The 3 mm BF pin is the more common size. I've converted several attys with it. Sorry to hear about he Tsunami 24. I have one waiting to be built but haven't got to it yet. When I do, I'll post if I discover any tricks for minimizing leaking. Enjoy your NoPity!

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
The 3 mm BF pin is the more common size. I've converted several attys with it. Sorry to hear about he Tsunami 24. I have one waiting to be built but haven't got to it yet. When I do, I'll post if I discover any tricks for minimizing leaking. Enjoy your NoPity!
Am reading your response as I stare at my tsunami 24 window rda..... and I'm seriously considering throwing it in the garbage! Im thinking it has to do with the height of the 510 pin inside the well which allows juice to pool up and creep up to the height of the air tubes.... So when you tip to vape it starts..... Then you fix one side just to find juice coming through the other...... I should just cut a few mm's off of that pin to make it flush with the deck .... But at this point it's rubbed me the wrong way too many times...... I may forgive but I don't forget...... Jk........ maybe

And anyone that says "mine doesn't leak", is LIEING..... or they vape in a stationary position orrrrr to vape it they have to move their head to meet an upright tsunami .....lol...... I think it led to the premature death of my dripbox 160... It took one too many baths in juice!

Reactions: TheWestPole

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Am reading your response as I stare at my tsunami 24 window rda..... and I'm seriously considering throwing it in the garbage! Im thinking it has to do with the height of the 510 pin inside the well which allows juice to pool up and creep up to the height of the air tubes.... So when you tip to vape it starts..... Then you fix one side just to find juice coming through the other...... I should just cut a few mm's off of that pin to make it flush with the deck .... But at this point it's rubbed me the wrong way too many times...... I may forgive but I don't forget...... Jk........ maybe

And anyone that says "mine doesn't leak", is LIEING..... or they vape in a stationary position orrrrr to vape it they have to move their head to meet an upright tsunami .....lol...... I think it led to the premature death of my dripbox 160... It took one too many baths in juice!
You can call me garbage and throw it my way lol. I don't have leaking issues with my standard windowless 24 tsunami, no lie.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
You can call me garbage and throw it my way lol. I don't have leaking issues with my standard windowless 24 tsunami, no lie.
Post a video squonking and vaping it for more than 10 pulls..... How did you manage to figure out what EVERYONE COMPLAINS about .... Leaking..... Please help me understand this rda......because the guy at my B&M said the same thing that's why I bought it...... I went back in asked to see his "build" .....on tsunami 24 window sitting on top his Dripbox btw...afc flooded and leaking down his mod sticky to the touch, etc...... He's like.... "oh, that doesn't happen all the time" ...... Yeah right....

and no I didn't buy it there got it online.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Post a video squonking and vaping it for more than 10 pulls..... How did you manage to figure out what EVERYONE COMPLAINS about .... Leaking..... Please help me understand this rda......because the guy at my B&M said the same thing that's why I bought it...... I went back in asked to see his "build" .....on tsunami 24 window sitting on top his Dripbox btw...afc flooded and leaking down his mod sticky to the touch, etc...... He's like.... "oh, that doesn't happen all the time" ...... Yeah right....

and no I didn't buy it there got it online.
Imo I don't do anything special. Snapped a quick pic of the build on mine, it's not the prettiest but works well.
I have a friend with one and he had similar issues, the main difference is he filled the center of the well with cotton. I let my cotton hit the bottom of the well only like in pic. Now full disclosure I did get leaks when I first started using it, till I learned how much to squonk.
Now if tilted say 45° or more with a full well I could see it getting into the channels so I have adjusted my draw technique slightly. But have also learned if some gets in there a good strong draw pulls it to the coils.
Anyway I use 75/25 or 80/20 high vg so just say maybe a 2 second squonk fills the well then the cotton does its work.
Oh and I have not shortened the 510 as it let's some liquid stay pooled.
20160820_191723.jpg

JonnyWhatshisface

Aug 10, 2016
Now full disclosure I did get leaks when I first started using it, till I learned how much to squonk
That's the key: how much to squonk. Some people tend to overdo it. Also, the duration is not the only thing to be mindful of, but the total pressure as well. I can squonk the default RDA to the point that the juice comes through the air holes on it... OR I can squonk lightly and only get the wick wet.

The issue with the Tsunami 24 is that, if you're trying to saturate and cover the coils on a squonk? You're going to leak. The air holes are below the coils.... You ONLY want to squonk enough to get the wick wet and let it absorb up.

Personally, I'm not liking the Tsunami 24 with regards to the BF squonking. The air holes being on the bottom of the RDA makes it really not very ideal for this application.

I find myself more often than not just dripping with the dripbox 160 and not even using the squonker. Same for the original dripbox.

My cat knocked my dripbox 60w over the other night, and I woke up to an iPad covered in juice. Apparently, it leaked right from the bottle up to the rda and out all over the place. Not certain if that's supposed to happen so easily... Though it was on its side at least a few hours.

JonnyWhatshisface

Aug 10, 2016
Also as a side note: my Dripbox 160 came with a different drip tip than the 60w. Size and shape are obviously all the same, but the original has a drip tip that has ridges sorta-speak around the tip, making it easier to hold on to and remove.

The Dripbox 160 came with a completely smooth one that when it heats up, the expansion of the plastic can make it difficult to remove and it's very smooth and slippery. I swapped them out personally.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Been trying several 22 mm BF toppers lately on Dripbox: Velocity Mini, Hastur V2, Doge V2, the stock atty, and now NoPity (converted with a Fatdaddy BF pin). Wow. This is by far my favorite for taste and vapor quality. Been using the same build for comparison. But NoPity's flavor and vapor is so intense that I downsized the build. Highly recommended.

View attachment 591021

Another note on the NoPity atomizer. I have deliberately over-squonked it to the point where you can see juice at the outside juice holes. I've done this several times, and every time a single strong pull will clear them. This seems to be yet another benefit of three small air holes per side (see photo) rather than one or two big ones. As air moves faster through the small holes, clearing is easier and more complete. Several days into the NoPity and still no cons.

IMAG1970_picmonkeyed.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Also as a side note: my Dripbox 160 came with a different drip tip than the 60w. Size and shape are obviously all the same, but the original has a drip tip that has ridges sorta-speak around the tip, making it easier to hold on to and remove.

The Dripbox 160 came with a completely smooth one that when it heats up, the expansion of the plastic can make it difficult to remove and it's very smooth and slippery. I swapped them out personally.

Didn't realize that. Gonna look for the original DT now.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

Checked mine. No go. My original DB atty has the same drip tip.

JonnyWhatshisface

Aug 10, 2016
Checked mine. No go. My original DB atty has the same drip tip.
Really?! Hrm... I have the black Dripbox 60w and the silver 160, and the DT is definitely different texture-wise. :(

I'm not certain how clear the photo makes it. But basically the one on the left is the original 60w drip tip. It has a rougher texture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 32

JonnyWhatshisface

Aug 10, 2016
Really?! Hrm... I have the black Dripbox 60w and the silver 160, and the DT is definitely different texture-wise. :(

I'm not certain how clear the photo makes it. But basically the one on the left is the original 60w drip tip. It has a rougher texture.
Having a hard time explaining it lol. If I run my fingernail up the DT of the original, my fingernail catches in the grooves around it.

JonnyWhatshisface

Aug 10, 2016
Or single with a big ID. Haven't tried that yet though.

1d9fea6ce6f937ec91c15229ff6cda32.jpg
What's funny is, this is an Italian RDA. I am in Budapest. If I order the RDA from US I can get it for $20. UK, $30. Italy - $140. What the hell? I found a 1:1 clone out of Hong Kong that includes the bf pin. I may order that as its only $15. From the pics, it looks really good and identical in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread