Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah... I have Found this 26ga .6 Ohm Single Coil BF NarDa Sweet Spot with my Drip Box.

But I would like VW. And even though I don't use TC much, I would like it for this when I forget to Squonk. I'm still kinda New to Squonking.

coreyoli

Oct 5, 2014
Yeah... I have Found this 26ga .6 Ohm Single Coil BF NarDa Sweet Spot with my Drip Box.

But I would like VW. And even though I don't use TC much, I would like it for this when I forget to Squonk. I'm still kinda New to Squonking.
Ha! I have the opposite problem I guess I squank to much and cause leaks from the air slots on my velocity mini... Also I tend to tip the vape to my mouth also causing leakage...

Anyway I'm excited for this mod for sure!

-Corey

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ha! I have the opposite problem I guess I squank to much and cause leaks from the air slots on my velocity mini... Also I tend to tip the vape to my mouth also causing leakage...

Anyway I'm excited for this mod for sure!

-Corey

When I converted My Stumpy to a Bottom Feeder, I had this Problem. A Lot! LOL.

What I found was that the BF Pin I put in it was sticking up Too Much. So that Too Much e-Liquid could Pool in the Deck before it would start Draining.

So I filed Down the BF Pin so it was about Flush with the Positive Post Base. It allowed things to Drain Better. And I haven't had too many problems since.

Does your Velocity look like this ? ...

4483100-4.jpg

Reactions: coreyoli

Mr.Bungle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
East Jabip, NJ
I guess squonk boxes seem cool but can you use them with non squonk rdas/rtas? Why not just get a Wismec RX200 and a RDA?
Yes. You can. Besides being capable of feeding juice from beneath the atomizer, they are otherwise perfectly functional mods. You can use any 510 style tank/rda on them.

The point of sqounking is to not have to drip repeatedly. It's a self contained unit. The bottle is connected to the atomizer.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I guess squonk boxes seem cool but can you use them with non squonk rdas/rtas? Why not just get a Wismec RX200 and a RDA?

Yes. You can. Besides being capable of feeding juice from beneath the atomizer, they are otherwise perfectly functional mods. You can use any 510 style tank/rda on them.

The point of sqounking is to not have to drip repeatedly. It's a self contained unit. The bottle is connected to the atomizer.

The point of a sqonk box is to get the flavor of dripping with the convenience of a large tank.Yes, I get the flavor from my Theorem, but my Dripbox holds a LOT more juice.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
@memeticengineone

What he said! :thumb:

coreyoli

Oct 5, 2014
When I converted My Stumpy to a Bottom Feeder, I had this Problem. A Lot! LOL.

What I found was that the BF Pin I put in it was sticking up Too Much. So that Too Much e-Liquid could Pool in the Deck before it would start Draining.

So I filed Down the BF Pin so it was about Flush with the Positive Post Base. It allowed things to Drain Better. And I haven't had too many problems since.

Does your Velocity look like this ? ...

4483100-4.jpg
Yeah that's the one and I did notice the pin comes up into the juice well a bit and thought about rectifying... Good to know it works lol thanks!

-Corey

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah that's the one and I did notice the pin comes up into the juice well a bit and thought about rectifying... Good to know it works lol thanks!

-Corey

Lowering the Height did help Me. But I would Only suggest filing it down if you have Tried everything else First. And if you have Other RDA's you can use if something Goes South on you.

Have you tried stuffing some Extra pieces of Cotton into the Deck to minimize Sloshing?

coreyoli

Oct 5, 2014
Lowering the Height did help Me. But I would Only suggest filing it down if you have Tried everything else First. And if you have Other RDA's you can use if something Goes South on you.

Have you tried stuffing some Extra pieces of Cotton into the Deck to minimize Sloshing?
No I have not... Maybe next time I wick I'll leave a little more tail right now it barely ever so gently touches the base of the juice well

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No I have not... Maybe next time I wick I'll leave a little more tail right now it barely ever so gently touches the base of the juice well

What I do, using Cotton Pads, is save the "Skin" portion of the Cotton that I remove for my wick, and then cut it into a Small Square and Stuff it in the areas that the wick Doesn't Reach.

But I mainly run Single Coils. So on a Dual Coil set-up, probably having slightly Longer Tails would do about the same thing.

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
Hopefully this will light a fire under other manufacturer's butts to start making squonkers.

That's what I'm hoping as well. I love the idea of a TC squonker but not impressed with kanger TC chips or their build quality. Plus these are kind of ugly IMO. Something with a joyetech with adjustable TCR most likely. The DNA 200 or the higher end yihis would be nice but those are all so expensive. Maybe someone will do a mass produced dna75 squonker which should be a bit cheaper than the 200s and mass production should lower the cost as well even though I'd prefer the power and battery life of a dual battery mod.

Is a dual battery rx200 with the 510 swapped to the other side and a nice nonproprietary squonker bottle too much to ask? Come on joyetech it would be so easy.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
The GeekVape Tsunami 24 is going to include a separate BF for squonking! It's a nice option for those that want a bigger build option atty and think it would pair quite nicely with the Dripbox 160. Maybe we are seeing the Rise of the Squonkers....lol

zJjD1o9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread