Reactions: EddieAdams

dethnode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
arkansas
After August 8th it will be.

;)
True that, guess i need to look at the original drip box anyway, mosfets are easily replaced, but if the board in the 160 watt dripbox dies, then i am s.o.l.

Well, mechanical squonk to avoid electrical parts failing, and diy e juice, here i come.

Just what I needed, more time consumption from this hobby

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
True that, guess i need to look at the original drip box anyway, mosfets are easily replaced, but if the board in the 160 watt dripbox dies, then i am s.o.l.

Well, mechanical squonk to avoid electrical parts failing, and diy e juice, here i come.

Just what I needed, more time consumption from this hobby

The August 8th Deadline is going to be the Cut-Off date for No New Products. So when the Clock Strikes Midnight, if OEM's haven't gotten a product Sold in a US Market, then they ain't going to unless they want to go down the Hard (FDA) Road.

But that doesn't mean that they Can't sell Pre Aug 8th Products. Just NO NEW PRODUCTS.

Now How Long will Existing Stuff be Available after Aug 8th? And at what Price? Dunno? But you will have Some Time. So I would suggest formulating a Plan to get Stocked Up. Versus Mad Panic Buying.

Unless, that is, you Like Mad Panic Buying. In that case, Release the Kraken.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my Dripbox 160 in and, while there’s a few things I didn’t care for, overall it’s a very nice squonker. It won’t put my Reo out to pasture, but it will probably see more use than my Steamcrave squonker.

Got a chuckle while opening the box. On the back there’s the usual warnings of not to be used if under 18, keep out of reach of children, etc. However, one of the warnings state: “Do not vape the Dripbox 160 more frequently.” Begs the question - more frequently than what?

I was concerned about the battery door based on the product photos, but it seems pretty durable. I don’t expect it to be a problem under normal use. The fit and finish seems to be on a par with other Kanger box mods – nothing that would wow you, but more than adequate for the price point. The screen is very clear; buttons have a nice feel. I have it in black and the matte finish with the red buttons looks very nice.

My biggest build quality quibble is that it does not sit flat. The battery door extends just a hair more than the bottle door, so it rocks a bit if you nudge it when it’s on the table. The ample girth of the box keeps it firmly planted so there’s zero danger of it toppling over, but it does rock back and forth a small amount when nudged.

I had more than a quibble with the amount of machine oil in the included atty. It really stunk, and will need a good scrubbing. The bottles also had a strong plastic smell to them. Washing didn’t help the bottles much, so I ended up soaking them in water and baking soda for a few hours. That brought the smell way down but, even after that, it’s still faintly there.

Have not yet tried the included atty yet. I’ve been using it with an Apollo with a 3.5mm notch coil and an Odin with dual SS coils since that's what I had on hand. TC performance w/ SS is much like the Kbox 120 and 200: decent, but not nearly as smooth as an Evolv or YiHi board. Have not yet tried it with other wires. I do like how my Kbox 120 and 200 handle Nichrome (not really true TC, but useful) so that's next up.

Outstanding squonk action. All it needs is a soft press and even high VG juice flows well. Comfortable to hold. I thumb fire it and squonk with finger #4. Very easy to use even with my arthritic hands. Can't compare the squonk action with the original Dripbox since I don't have one of those.

No pics since my phone has decided that it does not want to work and play well with others today.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Got my Dripbox 160 in and, while there’s a few things I didn’t care for, overall it’s a very nice squonker. It won’t put my Reo out to pasture, but it will probably see more use than my Steamcrave squonker.

Got a chuckle while opening the box. On the back there’s the usual warnings of not to be used if under 18, keep out of reach of children, etc. However, one of the warnings state: “Do not vape the Dripbox 160 more frequently.” Begs the question - more frequently than what?

I was concerned about the battery door based on the product photos, but it seems pretty durable. I don’t expect it to be a problem under normal use. The fit and finish seems to be on a par with other Kanger box mods – nothing that would wow you, but more than adequate for the price point. The screen is very clear; buttons have a nice feel. I have it in black and the matte finish with the red buttons looks very nice.

My biggest build quality quibble is that it does not sit flat. The battery door extends just a hair more than the bottle door, so it rocks a bit if you nudge it when it’s on the table. The ample girth of the box keeps it firmly planted so there’s zero danger of it toppling over, but it does rock back and forth a small amount when nudged.

I had more than a quibble with the amount of machine oil in the included atty. It really stunk, and will need a good scrubbing. The bottles also had a strong plastic smell to them. Washing didn’t help the bottles much, so I ended up soaking them in water and baking soda for a few hours. That brought the smell way down but, even after that, it’s still faintly there.

Have not yet tried the included atty yet. I’ve been using it with an Apollo with a 3.5mm notch coil and an Odin with dual SS coils since that's what I had on hand. TC performance w/ SS is much like the Kbox 120 and 200: decent, but not nearly as smooth as an Evolv or YiHi board. Have not yet tried it with other wires. I do like how my Kbox 120 and 200 handle Nichrome (not really true TC, but useful) so that's next up.

Outstanding squonk action. All it needs is a soft press and even high VG juice flows well. Comfortable to hold. I thumb fire it and squonk with finger #4. Very easy to use even with my arthritic hands. Can't compare the squonk action with the original Dripbox since I don't have one of those.

No pics since my phone has decided that it does not want to work and play well with others today.
    Does it have the same 510 as the Dripbox?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Though I have still not found a use for a regulated vape in my life, I am sure this will tick a few boxes for some that want a cheap beater regulated bottom feeder. I just don't understand why it has to be so big!! I pocket my Reo's all day long and most of the time have to check to make sure I have it with me, but carrying this thing would be real bulky... What are these Mfg's thinking????

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... What are these Mfg's thinking????

I have Consulted my Magic 8-Ball and have asked... "Will Kanger come out with a Single 18650 70W TC Squonker before Aug 8th?.

This is what it Said...

magic8ball.jpg

hildicat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    Thanks for the write up. Did you get a review unit? If not may I ask from where you got it. Still waiting for breezy to ship...

Reactions: rangerrobin

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Thanks for the write up. Did you get a review unit? If not may I ask from where you got it. Still waiting for breezy to ship...

I was lucky enough to win one on the FB contest that Kanger had. Just about fell over when I saw my name on the winner's list! I am pretty sure they sent a retail version -- there's no "sample unit" marked on the box or the mod itself as is often done with devices that are sent to reviewers.

Had some time so I tried the atty that was included. So far I'm not a big fan of it. The atty itself has rather cheap build quality, and it's difficult to adjust the airflow since the o-rings are very tight even when lubed up. I also don't care for the drip tip, and you can't use your own drip tip with it. However, I think I may like it a little more once I put in a build that is better suited for me -- the included build (dual spaced clapton) was very spitty. On the plus side, it feeds and drains very well.

But, rather than build on that, I tried a nichrome build on my Odin. Dual 2.5mm microcoils, 24g, 7 wrap. It's working very well in the NiCr "temp" control at 430 degrees. Very fast ramp up then levels off, and trails down when the wick gets too dry. Unlike real temp control it won't trail down to nothing if I don't squonk -- you can get a dry hit if you insist on ignoring the suggestion that it's time to squonk.

I have a strong feeling I'll be picking up another Dripbox!

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    If anyone is still looking for this I'd go to..... my vape store. Com it's $63.45 delivered (it'll say $79 buuuuut as soon as you put it in your cart its discounted to $57.95 +5.50 shipping) ! Awesome company.... Got on TBN email list.... Got notified on 25 May, I ordered it on the 26th and it arrived today 28th. I live in Chicago, IL and I'm not sure where they are, but they are a very efficient company immediate tracking lightning fast shipping which was $5.50 !
    7f3536ece5af5a8107ba6a7d67bff635.jpg

This is why I love this company and why they've earned a customer until the FDA shuts them down:
    Had a problem with my dripbox v1 something with that stupid FIXED 510, having issues, misfiring, etc ..... They emailed me out an rma#, I printed it sent it back for free then they sent me a brand new dripbox after a month of heavy use.....
    It gets better ... I thought the black wouldn't hold up as well (its a matte finish.. dull) they allowed me to pick another color, so I went with red .... What Co. does that!!!??? Very rare!

and what do I do with my second purchase .....I ordered the dull matte black v2 160..... Lol..... I think the white dripbox 160 is ugly (only those 2 choices as of Now? )

Anyway, Great.... great Company !

Last edited:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    I was lucky enough to win one on the FB contest that Kanger had. Just about fell over when I saw my name on the winner's list! I am pretty sure they sent a retail version -- there's no "sample unit" marked on the box or the mod itself as is often done with devices that are sent to reviewers.

Had some time so I tried the atty that was included. So far I'm not a big fan of it. The atty itself has rather cheap build quality, and it's difficult to adjust the airflow since the o-rings are very tight even when lubed up. I also don't care for the drip tip, and you can't use your own drip tip with it. However, I think I may like it a little more once I put in a build that is better suited for me -- the included build (dual spaced clapton) was very spitty. On the plus side, it feeds and drains very well.

But, rather than build on that, I tried a nichrome build on my Odin. Dual 2.5mm microcoils, 24g, 7 wrap. It's working very well in the NiCr "temp" control at 430 degrees. Very fast ramp up then levels off, and trails down when the wick gets too dry. Unlike real temp control it won't trail down to nothing if I don't squonk -- you can get a dry hit if you insist on ignoring the suggestion that it's time to squonk.

I have a strong feeling I'll be picking up another Dripbox!
    Did you try the spit back piece? Looks like a mini strainer 1 oring pops right in under the top cap/drip tip...... Works pretty well! It's a different design
    ce475d1d304932ddee146b6b81567287.jpg
    d234994583ed2e90dfc2074456189e13.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Did you try the spit back piece? Looks like a mini strainer 1 oring pops right in under the top cap/drip tip...... Works pretty well! It's a different design
    ce475d1d304932ddee146b6b81567287.jpg
    d234994583ed2e90dfc2074456189e13.jpg

I did try it and it did help. But, by help I mean it moved the spit-back meter from "intolerable" to just "annoying." It was just a craptastic build that could not be saved no matter what.

But I do like that the insert is included since you can put it in or take it out as the need warrants. Other RDAs with spit-back protection inserts tend to not make the removal/reuse nearly as simple.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'm sure you've heard wick density can effect spitback..... They really pack it in there...... That's new to me I've never packed that much cotton in any rda...... I agree rda = garbage...TOO MUCH VOLUME Imo .. Alot of ppl complained about all these issues on YouTube social media but I seriously think it was already designed and implemented before they could get proper feedback.... I mean why in the world would anyone use a fixed 510.....very old school..... Lol..... I don't have any of their other mod's.... do all of them, like the subox have that 510? .I just can't believe it! That's why I think it was already produced when the original came out...... IMO. IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread