Kanger Dripbox or Pico Squeeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I'm trying to decide between these (OK so I will probably end up with both). I'm really a low power MTL toodler, so I'm just putting my toe in the squonker market.

I would likely also buy a velocity mini (or similar) at the same time. I'm sure I will hate the chuff tip on both the Pico and Kanger, so I will need a different atomizer eventually with a 510 driptip option (like the velocity).

Here is my dilemma. I think I would prefer the coral atomizer on the Pico. But it seems like the squeeze bottle would be the weak link. Kanger bottles seem to be readily available, but not so much for the Pico. I have a reqular Pico and a Kanger mini and either is fine, but probably prefer the Pico shape somewhat.

Your thoughts?

RageKage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2014
Haddonfield, NJ
I have the Pico Squeeze and the Kanger Dripbox 160. I don't really like either of the RDAs, but if I had to pick one over the other, I prefer the Kanger. I've got two velocity clones that will be in the mailbox tomorrow to replace both of them though. I find that both of those RDAs are more geared toward direct lung hits. The Kanger has a MTL setting (a small airflow hole) but I wouldn't consider it a tight enough draw to be satisfying as a MTL device.

RageKage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2014
Haddonfield, NJ
I'll check my Pico when I get home and I'll update this thread. I don't remember what the 510 pin is since I literally screwed the atty on when I got it in the mail and haven't taken it off since. The Pico was purchased as a backup for me since I already had the DB160.

OP didn't specify which dripbox model they were asking about. I just checked my DB160 and yes, the center pin seems fixed. I assume the same would be true for the DB60.

Reactions: puffon

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm trying to decide between these (OK so I will probably end up with both). I'm really a low power MTL toodler, so I'm just putting my toe in the squonker market.

I would likely also buy a velocity mini (or similar) at the same time. I'm sure I will hate the chuff tip on both the Pico and Kanger, so I will need a different atomizer eventually with a 510 driptip option (like the velocity).

Here is my dilemma. I think I would prefer the coral atomizer on the Pico. But it seems like the squeeze bottle would be the weak link. Kanger bottles seem to be readily available, but not so much for the Pico. I have a reqular Pico and a Kanger mini and either is fine, but probably prefer the Pico shape somewhat.

Your thoughts?

I've been using a DripBox for over 6 Months. And I am still on the 1st Bottle. Maybe that is Above Average? But I haven't heard all that many Problems with Bottles wearing out. A Few. But not all that many. And I'm sure eLeaf will offer Replacement Bottles sooner or Latter.

As to the RDA's that come with the DripBox and Pico Squeeze Kits. As far as I know, they are Both essentially the Same hit-wise.

I didn't think the RBA that came with the DripBox was all that great. It Worked. But Nothing to Write home about. Seemed like the Air Slots were/are Way too High. And it wasn't Single Coil-able without doing some Modification. Also, Can't use your Own 510 Drip Tip. Seriously?

I have a Regular Pico Also. And Love the Size. That is why I bought a Pico Squeeze when they became available. It is about 3 or 4 days away from being Delivered. So I can't say How I like it.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Anyone ever tried to use the kanger bottle in the pico? They look similar. I can find pico bottles...but slow boat from china...nothing easy.

And it's just the original (cheap) dripbox that I'm considering,
They will not fit the pico from what I have read. Pico squeeze replacement bottles have started showing up on sites:

Eleaf Pico Squeeze 6.5ml Capacity E-Liquid Bottle -Black

E Cigarette Vape E Juice Bottles 6.5ml Plastic Bottle Wholesale For Eleaf Istick Pico Squeeze Coral Atomizer E Liquid Pet Squonk Bottle Box Wholesale Bottles Blue Glass Bottles From Chrisegobuy, $0.26| Dhgate.Com

Eleaf Pico Squeeze Bottle

RageKage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2014
Haddonfield, NJ
Doesn't the Pico have a spring loaded 510, and the DB60 more of a fixed 510?

Both have fixed center pins. I just got home from work and checked out the Pico. :thumbs:

I've been using a DripBox for over 6 Months. And I am still on the 1st Bottle.

Same here. The bottles seem pretty durable, and the DB160 kit comes with two. I have scuffed up the surface of one of my bottles, but it's still working as good as ever.

Anyone ever tried to use the kanger bottle in the pico? They look similar.

They're not compatible. The Pico bottle is shorter, so if you were to try to stick the Kanger bottle in the Pico, it would stick out the bottom and the magnetic bottom cover obviously wouldn't go on.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
got the Pico Squeeze today with the Coral atty. not a fan of the atty,, the built in drip tip sucks,, trying to figure out why it keeps popping,, seems to be plenty of wicking,,,, no flavor yet,,, will toss these coils and build my own later tonight or this weekend. so far everything is 'meh/blah' at best.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
got the Pico Squeeze today with the Coral atty. not a fan of the atty,, the built in drip tip sucks,, trying to figure out why it keeps popping,, seems to be plenty of wicking,,,, no flavor yet,,, will toss these coils and build my own later tonight or this weekend. so far everything is 'meh/blah' at best.

That's Pretty Much how I felt about the DripBox 60w. Good Mod. So-So at best BF RDA.

One thing I found that Helped (marginally) was to put the Coil(s) as High as Possible. The silly Air Slots are cut way too High in the RBA Barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: kross8

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I have both.
I'm on my 3rd Dripbox bottle!! Thanks for finding Pico bottles - I figure I'll need them...
They are NOT the same size, but they're very similar.

I got the Pico without an atty at all. I never even tried the Dripbox atty.

Not a big fan of the Velocity, but there are some great atty's that will make a big difference in your experience.

For instance:
O-16 clone for $11 is awesome.
Or you could go with a Narda or O-atty too.

gameday.jpg

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
That Pretty Much how I felt about the DripBox 60w. Good Mod. So-So at best BF RDA.

One thing I found that Helped (marginally) was to put the Coil(s) as High as Possible. The silly Air Slots are cut way too High in the RBA Barrel.
waiting on a couple of Narda atty's,, hopefully that improves the set up. bought a few of the bf screws too,, hopefully we find its a simple swap out.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
waiting on a couple of Narda atty's,, hopefully that improves the set up. bought a few of the bf screws too,, hopefully we find its a simple swap out.

I'm hitting on my NarDa/DripBox 60w combo right Now.

A 3mm .4 Ohms 28ga 316L Coil is a Flavor Machine.

Reactions: kross8

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
    Cheltenham UK
    Don't really know what Eleaf were thinking with the Coral. I machined a couple of mm off the bottom of the top cap and then used epoxy to glue two thick stainless washers in the top to reduce the volume and promote a bit more flavour. I only like single coils, so I blocked off one airhole, and while I was about it, fitted a stainless drip tip into the mouthpiece. It doesn't compare with my Atomic or Stumpy bf RDA's, but it saves chucking it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread