Kanger EVOD BCC (Bottom Coil Clearomizer) Perfect Workplace vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I thought I would waste some time while I'm at work and write a quick review of the new (super cheap) e-cig toy I got, the Kanger Evod BCC (TO GET STRAIGHT TO REVIEW GO TO LINE BREAK)

Now, when it comes to vaping, I always prefer rebuildable genesis atomizers/tanks or just straight up dripping. The flavor, vapor and throat hit (TH) is always gonna be the best with these.

Howeverr... I don't find them practical for when I'm out and about or at work. It's just not considerate to blow gigantic clouds of "smoke" when other people are trying to work. There's also more maintenance/troubleshooting issues, battery life, possible leaking, etc...

Because of this I will use good old carto tanks for most of the work day or doing anything that's not me sitting in my house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've sworn off almost all clearomizers because they just don't give that full vapor flavor/experience. I've tried vivi novas, ce1,2,3,4, kanger t2, t3, raptors, etc. (You get it)

The ohms are never reliable enough and they don't wick great and I find the flavor/vapor/throat hit to be terrible compared to all other alternatives. For this reason my portable go-to has always been carto tanks.

Well, that all changed with the Evod BCC. I keep a tiny 18350 mod with ego threading at my desk and I saw these things online for a super cheap price $6.99 USD with replacement coils being 5 for $6.99!! I figured what the hell, I'll give them a try.

They are pretty amazing for what they are.
-They hold 2ml or so of juice.
-They are bottom coil and they're 1.8ohms pretty much on the dot (thats not a bad combo with an unregulated aw 3.7v battery

To sum it up, I've been loving using these at work. They never leak. They produce a pretty good amount of vapor. They produce a pretty good amount of flavor. Anddd they produce a pretty good amount of Throat hit. For people familiar with the Kanger T3, they are pretty similar except that they are lower in resistance and from what I've tried and much more consistent in quality (I've used two different Evod units with 2 different coils/heads each, so four total and they've all been pretty much the same in performance)

I like these a lot. They are very, very easy to use. You fill it up, let it sit for a minute/take an un-fired puff and you're good to go. They actually make the 2ml last decently long (this may be subjective as I've been using a genny atty with 28awg that straight up drinks juice) These things are not gonna knock your socks off but they are very reliable, very stealthy and have kept me very satisfied vaping at work/out socializing/driving. I may almost be tempted to buy an ego twist again (long since sold my last one)

Anyways, two thumbs up the Kanger EVOD BCC is a complete win in the right situation:)

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
2013-02-19 23.41.12.jpg

I picked one of these up from my local shop.

I love it so far. In my opinion (echoing your own), its better than the ViVis I have been using at work. I am often in the same situation as yourself.

I like to drop this on my eGo 650 battery and it works wonders! I tested two heads and they both come out to 1.8 and 1.9. With a 3.3 or 3.7 battery they work very well and so far no leaking! Super easy to fill, just dont forget that its a bottom fill!

Edit: NO dry hits so far!

Last edited:

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
Hey greatov, I agree with your assessment, in my somewhat limited experience these are my favorite thing and all I'm using right now.

I occassionally consider trying my hand at a genesis type device but I really just envision a lot of cursing...

They never leak. They produce a pretty good amount of vapor. They produce a pretty good amount of flavor. Anddd they produce a pretty good amount of Throat hit.

If these are pretty good, what do you consider great? (genesis only?)

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I can't agree more. I had 3 t3s and really enjoyed them when they functioned properly. However the gurgling/leaking issues even after rebuilds made them something I avoided.

The improvements in the EVOD seem to have resolved these issues and made them a total pleasure to use. Improved mouthpiece. Easy to view sight window. Good to Great vapor production, great flavor, no leaks, easy to refill,maintain and rebuild, no tipping and CHEAP.

Capacity and ever so slightly cooler vapor are only possible drawbacks.

I prefer a 2.5 ohm head on higher voltage/ wattage. I've built several 1.8ohm heads for as you said a lower voltage/ wattage battery. Recently crammed 8 wraps of 30g in there. Have to be careful of the sides and double check ohms after reinstalling center tube and flavor wick because they may shift the coils but, it has been performing very well. No heating delay and nice vapor.

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Got an EVOD to give it a try. Not impressed really. The first night was great. Hit really well, etc. Then the next day, gurgling, leaking etc. Need to get another one and see if I get the same results. Have checked all the seals, etc. everything looks fine. Filled it again with less liquid after checking seals etc. still have the same results. Its feeding liquid to fast I think that's where I am getting the gurgling, leaking etc. from. :( So I will hold judgement till I get another one sometime.

kato1234

Apr 5, 2012
Redcliff, Alberta
OK now I'm feeling really happy. My EVODs arrived yesterday and the juice order that has been delayed a couple of times arrived today just have to pick it up. So tomorrow I can put them together and hopefully my results will be with the majority. Decided to try these as I had the Kanger XL cartos and liked them but switched to Visions for the convenience. Hoping to get the flavour and convenience with these I'll let you know how it works out.

kato

Greatov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah it is small, but if your looking for a compact set up its great (I rock it at work)

As far as dry hits, you may be using too much voltage. Also, if you are using a thicker juice, you need to take out some of the extra wicks from the coil. When pull the post of the coil housing, you will see there is one wick wrapped with coil and two or 3 more lying to top (not superfluous because it keeps thinner juices from flooding it) Just remove one wick and see how it works. Remove more if it is still giving you dry hits. I use 50/50 juice and I always remove one wick and it works pretty damn well. Its not as good as a nice genesis but for work or out somewhere where you don't want to carry a giant set up its pretty nice

The EVOD's a nice little clearo. Annoyingly small, and prone to dry hits when juice gets low (which doesn't take long), but all in all, definitely one of the better clearos I've tried.

Greatov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Thats annoying when that happens. Look at the reply I put above this one. It may be that you have to do the same thing except add a wick instead of removing one.

That being said they are only like 7 bucks so you gotta expect that sometimes you get a dud. I have 3 and one of them just never really got up to snuff. I think the machining was just a little off because I tried a bunch of different things and it kept performing poorly.

Got an EVOD to give it a try. Not impressed really. The first night was great. Hit really well, etc. Then the next day, gurgling, leaking etc. Need to get another one and see if I get the same results. Have checked all the seals, etc. everything looks fine. Filled it again with less liquid after checking seals etc. still have the same results. Its feeding liquid to fast I think that's where I am getting the gurgling, leaking etc. from. :( So I will hold judgement till I get another one sometime.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
It's been over a week and they are working great. Doesn't hold a lot but also doesn't go thru juice that fast either. I've had no gurgling no leaking. These are going to be my take to work hardware (till something better/different comes along). Definitely one of the better clearos that I have used.

kato

That's great to hear, I can't wait for mine to show up this week. I'll post results after, will be rewicking one with cotton and leaving one stock just to figure it out. I also have heads coming in 1.8ohm and 2.5ohm so I'll have to play around a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread