Kanger EVOD BCC (Bottom Coil Clearomizer) Perfect Workplace vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenose

Verified Member
May 13, 2011
glasgow
That's great to hear, I can't wait for mine to show up this week. I'll post results after, will be rewicking one with cotton and leaving one stock just to figure it out. I also have heads coming in 1.8ohm and 2.5ohm so I'll have to play around a little bit.

Does the difference in head ohms help with higher voltage,if I turn my twist up above 3.5v on these its a horrid burnt taste I get all the time.

kato1234

Apr 5, 2012
Redcliff, Alberta
I went to my doctor and said doctor it hurts when I move my arm like this he said don't move it like that. If turning the voltage up makes it taste burnt turn it back down. It's not a contest. I hope I have this right but lower ohm atty=lower voltage. A 1.8 ohm works fine at 3.7-4.2V. As you up the resistance (more ohms) you can up the voltage to get the same but different vape. I have 1.8 attys and they work fine on a regular 3.7V eGo but on the twist @ 4.2V they taste a little better. Kills my twist in 1/2 the time the eGo runs but tastes good. If I could find some 1.5's on the eGos they would probably be like the 1.8s on the twist at 4.2V.IMHO

kato

I've been using the evod tanks for about 3 weeks now. I'm using 2.5 ohm coils. I love em. great for work, no fuss no muss no bother. I bought 4 originally and 2 of them leaked/ gurgled out of the box. changed the coil and they are fine. You do hafta find juice that works well in them though, some flavors just don't come through. I am using all 50/50 juice and i really like the throat hit and flavors.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've been looking for a go-to clearo, and I like small, so I'm running these:
EVOD, T3-Mini, and MiniViviNova's.
The EVOD may win for overall performance - the one thing I wanted to point out I didn't see here. They don't seem to do too well when you get low - when liquid is near the bottom of the window, that's when you can get gurgling!
Also, check that the head is screwed in tight occasionally (I like that the stem isn't smooth, so you can grip it).
With those two tips, I've had less leaking and gurgling than in the other clearos.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Got an EVOD to give it a try. Not impressed really. The first night was great. Hit really well, etc. Then the next day, gurgling, leaking etc. Need to get another one and see if I get the same results. Have checked all the seals, etc. everything looks fine. Filled it again with less liquid after checking seals etc. still have the same results. Its feeding liquid to fast I think that's where I am getting the gurgling, leaking etc. from. :( So I will hold judgement till I get another one sometime.

With thin juice, sometimes it will gurgle at less than about 1/3 full. If you liked the vape, fill it up and try again and you may be pleasantly surprised. With thicker juice (I use mostly 20/80 and its on the thick side) I can just about empty the tanks with no gurgle. They must have changed their wick design or something from the T3 because all of my T3 do gurgle when less than about 1/3 full -- the price of great wicking with thick juice lol.

lunchbox68

Sep 16, 2013
Houston, TX
I alos picked up some EVODs and coils from fasttech. Thanks to everyone that has contributed advice and input on getting better performance out of these things. I just hope the the fasttech stuff is total garbage. I ordered from them before I got on this forum and started reading about cheap clones of every e-cig product out there.

infoimp

Sarcasm Cult Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Vaping Underworld
I use these MT3S/T3S at work with great results. I chain vape, tho and 90% VG. The heads only last 2-3 days before I'll have to rebuild them. I bought 2 5-packs of heads when I bought the 3 I got, so haven't rebuilt yet. The only time they gurgle is when they're empty. Haven't had a bad one yet. Pretty good vapor, TH, and ok flavor.

I think I prefer my Vivis though...heads last muuuch longer, and I don't mind tipping.

[For those who don't know, but are curious. MT3S and T3S are the same except the MT3S' have the metal body with the plastic window (hence, the M). The T3S' are plastic tanks. Both come in array of colors.]

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
The EVOD is pretty good, for their small size. Got one as an impulse buy, and I'm glad I did! The bottom coil design, IMHO, blows top coils out of the water. I've had the Nova's, and it always seemed no matter how new the atty, whenever the tank was half full, I'd get a dry hit. With BCC, no tipping, and the only time I get a dry hit is when it's time to replace the atty.

The biggest plus is that the heads are pretty universal with alot of the newer tanks out, they'll work with the Davides. Saves hassle buying multiple styles when all I have to do is pick up one pack of heads for my 3 tanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread