Kanger Evod leaking to the mouth piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what worked for me - someone posted this a while back but I took some clearer shots of what's going on - totally worked, haven't had a leak with either the Kanger or the fasttech knockoffs.
20130807_173336_zps59405b73.jpg

20130807_173340_zps2fc36b07.jpg

KingDjuls

Aug 1, 2013
El Paso
I'm currently having an issue with both of my EVOD tanks... They both keep leaking, but through the bottom where the tank screws on to the battery... I have filled both tanks and about an hour later, they are both down to bottom. I keep having to unscrew the tank and clean my battery. There is a ton of juice inside the battery attachment.

Any suggestions?

jiveman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
usa
I'm currently having an issue with both of my EVOD tanks... They both keep leaking, but through the bottom where the tank screws on to the battery... I have filled both tanks and about an hour later, they are both down to bottom. I keep having to unscrew the tank and clean my battery. There is a ton of juice inside the battery attachment.

Any suggestions?

What kind of juice are you using?

Mine was doing that too. Coming through the atty hole..
I realized my evods were sent missing one of the orings. in the base, the top one.
I bought an oring from my local hardware store so I'm trying that out, i'll let you know if it changed anything (two of the orings were too big, they fit onto the head with some force but weren't fitting into the base.
have to get one that's really small and "roll" it on there with a little force.)

Leaking is usually caused by:

a missing/damaged oring
(either it's not there or you tightened too hard and damaged it),

too thin of a juice being used (below 50/50 mix from my experience)

the mouth piece shaft not being made correctly (doesn't spread out enough on the top to prevent juice getting into the air hole shaft)

your rubber grommet ring on the shaft is pushed down too hard onto the shaft/wicks before you put it back in. Just pull that up a bit first to make sure the shaft is the one pushing it into place to form a better seal.

or your flavor wick situation is wrong. (replacing a flavor wick can help with leaking if you've removed them but of course sometimes this causes burnt taste which can be corrected by either cutting that flavor wick in half length-wise and making it thinner, or by doing some quick prep draws with just your mouth prior to firing/changing your voltage).

yea, they can be a pain in the a** but they are cheap and are great once you get them workin well lol

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv

Any suggestions?
I also have this problem sometimes.

Heisenberg0914

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NY
I tried this and the additional rubber o ring/grommet got stuck on the inside of the evod ! It slid up the center mouth piece tube and now I can't get it out so I rendered the evod unvapeable lol. I still have a few more evods but I am trying out the iclear 16 and so far I'm not a fan of the warm vape and mouthpiece . If I use my evods I need to keep them above half full in order to not have leaking or gurgling. I love the evods , the leaking just gets frustrating.

Here's what worked for me - someone posted this a while back but I took some clearer shots of what's going on - totally worked, haven't had a leak with either the Kanger or the Fasttech knockoffs.
20130807_173336_zps59405b73.jpg

20130807_173340_zps2fc36b07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread