Kanger Evod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

seneca mike

Jan 18, 2013
upstate NY
EVOD LEAK TEST:
I had a green one that leaked in my shirt pocket. Ruined a shirt and a battery. Upturned the tank and filled it with water. This leaky tank drained water down, out of the mouthpiece, to about 1/3 full. There must have been a hole or crack in the inner air tube. Repeated with my non leaky purple one.... it held the water at the full level (top of the air tube) as it should. After 2 weeks vaping several kinds of juices, I like the purple one....vapes good, no leaks. The green one's tank was trashed, the head is a good spare.
Do this leak test out of the box! Save a shirt!

Kablin

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Florida
Everybody loving these evods. Wow. I have tried 4 different heads with mine only to have it dump the juice into my battery after 5-10 pulls. I will clean it and repeat with the same results. I let myself run out of Vivi nova heads and have been forced to use the Evod and am so frustrated.

To fix all problems - replace flavor weeks with cotton one!

The older I get then better I use to be...

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
I just received a 1.8 ohm EVOD in the mail today. My first impression is, boring. :)
Have been using a Stardust V3 type of clearo with 2.4 ohm coil and short wicks and had hoped the EVOD was going to be an improvement.

So far I find the EVOD to have a vary airy draw so I plugged 2 of the 3 air holes. That helped.
For me, it's a cooler vape than the Stardust, also not as much vapor, flavor or throat hit.
I'm a bit disappointed. I had hoped for more throat hit from the 1.8 ohm coil.

I am using both on standard eGo 3.7 volt batteries.

RDonat

Mar 2, 2013
Largo, FL, USA
Received my EVOD and must say it's just OKAY. Going to stick with my T3's which have proven to work perfectly for me. I have yet to try the T3 base's on the EVOD but will on the next fill. All in all I will keep the tank because I like the way it looks and use it when I go out and about. All other vaping will be done with the T3 !!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just received a 1.8 ohm EVOD in the mail today. My first impression is, boring. :)
Have been using a Stardust V3 type of clearo with 2.4 ohm coil and short wicks and had hoped the EVOD was going to be an improvement.

So far I find the EVOD to have a vary airy draw so I plugged 2 of the 3 air holes. That helped.
For me, it's a cooler vape than the Stardust, also not as much vapor, flavor or throat hit.
I'm a bit disappointed. I had hoped for more throat hit from the 1.8 ohm coil.

I am using both on standard eGo 3.7 volt batteries.

Ang, I'm sure that the cooler feeling to your vape comes from the fact that you switched to a bottom coil clearo. If I'm not mistaken, the Stardusts have a top coil, please correct me if I'm wrong. Top coil is closer to your mouth and the vapor feels warmer.

Some people like it hot! :)

Oh, if you're using a Joyetech eGo, not vv Twist, your working voltage underload is closer to 3.3-3.4v, but with a 1.8Ω coil it should be plenty warm.

I unfortunately destroyed both my EVODs with citrusy juices (I'm an idiot :facepalm:). Before they broke apart, I really loved them. If they weren't polycarbonate, I'd definitely buy more. I looked around for EVOD-type clearos that weren't polycarbonate, but it looks like the only one is the Protank (which is OOS/preorder everywhere I've checked). :(

Cid78

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Indonesia
i have 3 Evods and all of them have been working flawlessly... in facts, this is my everyday vape atty, regardless i have another RBAs..

I learned also that for the Evod, leaking or not depend on how tight you close the head assembly, it must be very tight.. and seconly, depend on the viscosity of your juice..

I have learned that most of my RBAs will leaks on very thin juice, and get dry hits on very thick juice. So it is also a matter how what viscosity of the juice actually.. Not depend on whether it is 100% VG or not, i have a juice which is 100% VG, but thinned, so it is very low viscosity, making it leaks to whatever attys i out them on

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
Ang, I'm sure that the cooler feeling to your vape comes from the fact that you switched to a bottom coil clearo. If I'm not mistaken, the Stardusts have a top coil, please correct me if I'm wrong. Top coil is closer to your mouth and the vapor feels warmer.

Some people like it hot! :)

Oh, if you're using a Joyetech eGo, not vv Twist, your working voltage underload is closer to 3.3-3.4v, but with a 1.8Ω coil it should be plenty warm.
I understand that the bottom coil is going to give a cooler vape than the top coil Stardust but had hoped the lower resistance would make up for that a bit.
It's not just cooler though, there's less vapor, flavor or throat hit. I just find it very bland.
The second filling was a bit better.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Juice in mouth? Yikes.

But it also may be the auto battery; it needs air to activate the switch. I haven't used autos in quite a while, frankly, and never owned an automatic eGo, so I don't know; just speculating.

But I know of one person who experienced the same thing with an eVod--juice in the mouthpiece on a manual eGo--no plugged holes, no modifications to the eVod.

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
I originally had two holes blocked on the EVOD and would get gurgling. I suppose if I drew hard enough I would have gotten liquid.
I have just one hole blocked now.
Automatic batteries do rely on a vacuum in the center hole to activate the switch. Since the EVOD and T3 draw air from the outer ring rather than through the bottom you will probably have trouble using an automatic battery.

I'm on my third fill-up with the EVOD now and it's much better than it was new.
EVOD on a mini eGo battery.
EVOD BCC Small.jpg

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I have a smokeless image and found that their threads are preparatory to them,this may not work

has anyone tried these with an automatic 650mAh battery? I've tried one bottom coil (smokeless image T3) and the air draw didn't activate the battery unless i plugged up one or two of the holes. my issue with that is that plugging the holes led to a mouth full of juice.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have a smokeless image and found that their threads are preparatory to them,this may not work

Hi, Larry! SI uses kr808D-1 connection on all of their batteries. It is not a proprietary connection. Their minis and their Spinner will work with every kr808-1 cartomizer/clearomizer etc. If you want to use SI batteries with 510 threaded atties, you will need to get a kr808-1>510 adapter.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
I notice on some of the photos above that the words "EVOD BCC" are on them while others don't seem to show that. Mine do not show those words anywhere.

I'm also wondering if the replacement heads are supposed to say anything, maybe name or ohms or something.

I still like my EVOD. Once you get used to it, it just seems like the naturally thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread