Kanger Evod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

telijah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL
Ang-EC and pcrdude are the only ones I have seen as well with a black base, and not sure where that came from, but most of the bases are just the polished looking metal.

As for the bases, I think the ones that come with the tanks will not say anything. I also did not see any engraving on the replacement coils either, so I am not sure if the replacements have any indicator as to what ohm they are.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Some have marks, some don't.

DSC_0603-295x295.jpg

v7t7w2.png

coils are not marked. My vendor put both 1.8 and 2.4Ω coils in the same plastic baggie--I had to use my multimeter to sort them out. PITA.

Last edited:

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
Ang-EC and pcrdude are the only ones I have seen as well with a black base, and not sure where that came from, but most of the bases are just the polished looking metal.
When you say black base are you referring to the tube or the replaceable base?
Ours have black tubes but the base is chrome like all of the other ones.

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
Some have marks, some don't.
Coils are not marked. My vendor put both 1.8 and 2.4Ω coils in the same plastic baggie--I had to use my multimeter to sort them out. PITA.

The one I just received is completely unmarked, no EVOD BCC on the soft touch black tube, and no etch on the base. I've ordered a second one from another vendor.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The one I just received is completely unmarked, no EVOD BCC on the soft touch black tube, and no etch on the base. I've ordered a second one from another vendor.

Mine is unmarked as well. They are made both ways. I got mine from a reputable vendor and I know it's a Kanger Evod.

DSC_0603-295x295.jpg

Ajan Tuek

Jan 17, 2013
Richmond, VA
I have a smokeless image and found that their threads are preparatory to them,this may not work

you're right. i picked up a new manual battery from them and evod 1.8ohm from gotvapes. I couldn't get the evod to screw onto the manual battery without muscling the hell out of it. it seemed like the post of the battery was slightly too long or the base of the evod was slightly too short. once i was finally able to get the threads to catch (pushing down and twisting really hard), it just flooded my mouth with juice. sigh

matt13104

Oct 26, 2011
Boston, MA
I've been looking for the best wick based tank for a while now. I have tried all of the common top coil tanks: Stardust, Vivi Nova, etc. So far, I haven't liked any of the top coil tanks except the iClear 30, which I have four of because they rock. But they only work so well because they have 16 wicks!

I would like to explore some bottom coil tanks. I'm so sick of "tipping" to avoid dry hits, etc. I don't see any reason to put the coil on the top if you can make it work on the bottom.

I guess my question is: How do the bottom coil clearomizers perform compared to the top coils? How does a Kanger EVOD, or even a Kanger T3 for that matter, compare to a top coil clearomizer?

I've only been using iClear 30's or DCT's lately because the single top coil clearomizers just don't do the trick. I'm either tipping, gurgling or constantly refilling the tiny Stardust tanks.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
matt, I have used the stardust and the CE4 top coil clearos, also tried a couple of mini vivi novas. I then started with the MT3, whihc is just a metal-sheathed T3, and bought a couple of EVODs. I have to say that I really like the EVOD the best out of all of them. No shuffling, no gurgling, nothing but good taste and vapor.

The only downside of the EVOD is that it is small, so it only holds about 1.6 ml, so depending on how much you vape in a sitting you may have to fill it again. Hope this helps.

matt13104

Oct 26, 2011
Boston, MA
matt, I have used the stardust and the CE4 top coil clearos, also tried a couple of mini vivi novas. I then started with the MT3, whihc is just a metal-sheathed T3, and bought a couple of EVODs. I have to say that I really like the EVOD the best out of all of them. No shuffling, no gurgling, nothing but good taste and vapor.

The only downside of the EVOD is that it is small, so it only holds about 1.6 ml, so depending on how much you vape in a sitting you may have to fill it again. Hope this helps.

1.6 ml isn't that much. I prefer large 3+ ml tanks.

I would prefer the larger tank of the T3 but if the EVOD is a noticeably better tank, I will go with that. What would you rate the T3 and what would you rate the EVOD on a scale from 1 to 10? Any significant differences?

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
MT3 - 6, only because it tends to gurgle sometimes. The taste and vape are good, but it seems to be a little finicky. SInce they are both bottom coil, its not a "hot vape", its cooler. You might find it an "airy" vape, many people have been plugging one of the 3 holes on the base with the end of a toothpick.

EVOD - 8 - good taste, good vape, no gurgling or leaking to date (2+ weeks on them so far). A little airy as well, but I have gotten used to it and like it a lot!

I know that if you search here there are fixes for the T3 gurgle and (potential) leak, so if you are into rewicking or rebuilding, you might give it an 8 or even a 9.

They are both great clearos, and I cant see myself going back to a top coil.

matt13104

Oct 26, 2011
Boston, MA
MT3 - 6, only because it tends to gurgle sometimes. The taste and vape are good, but it seems to be a little finicky. SInce they are both bottom coil, its not a "hot vape", its cooler. You might find it an "airy" vape, many people have been plugging one of the 3 holes on the base with the end of a toothpick.

EVOD - 8 - good taste, good vape, no gurgling or leaking to date (2+ weeks on them so far). A little airy as well, but I have gotten used to it and like it a lot!

I know that if you search here there are fixes for the T3 gurgle and (potential) leak, so if you are into rewicking or rebuilding, you might give it an 8 or even a 9.

They are both great clearos, and I cant see myself going back to a top coil.

I really think bottom coil clearomizers or dual coil perpendicular coils like the iClear are the future of vaping. I think I'll just buy one of each and see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

P.S. Have you tried a DCT with a CE2 style cartomizer? I just got a couple and am less than impressed. I'm getting dry hits at 3.0 volts and, despite being a CE2 style, you can't drip into them from the top to wet the coil. You can SEE the coil with a flashlight but you can't wet it from the top whatsoever.

Last edited:

matt13104

Oct 26, 2011
Boston, MA
Has anyone tried the Kanger ProTank?

Kanger seems to offer three bottom coil tanks: The T3/MT3, the EVOD and the ProTank. All bottom coil devices. The ProTank seems to have better reviews than the T3 or the EVOD and is about triple the price ($18.69 instead of $6.15). Anyone tried the ProTank? Impressions? I want the best bottom coil tank I can find, regardless of price.

Last edited:

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Has anyone tried the Kanger ProTank?

Kanger seems to offer three bottom coil tanks: The T3/MT3, the EVOD and the ProTank. All bottom coil devices. The ProTank seems to have better reviews than the T3 or the EVOD and is about triple the price ($18.69 instead of $6.15). Anyone tried the ProTank? Impressions? I want the best bottom coil tank I can find, regardless of price.
I haven't but friend tried it, really liked it!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I can't decide between a mini T3 or an EVOD. They are the same size, or very close, which is why I want one instead of the larger T3. They seem very similar though, can anyone recommend which one to get and why? Does the EVOD's build feel better than the T3's?

They are the same length, but baby T3 has a longer mouthpiece. Evod's heavier because of the metal casing. Other than that, it's a wash. The main advantage of the eVod is the price of replacement coils--they are half the price of T3 coils because you don't have to buy a base--just the coil unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread