Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Plastic it is!

upload_2015-10-30_0-32-34.png

upload_2015-10-30_0-31-28.png

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
That's pretty sloppy. I bet they got a lot of pre-orders out of that mistake.

As perfect a package it would've been for me, they just dropped the ball in too many aspects. Plastic tank, bad threading on the battery door, no SS TC support (despite the SS OCC) and no upgradeable firmware. I guess I'll wait for a competing product.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
i dunno it looks like vaping straight out of a box mod to me, doesnt look comfortable, I still don't really see the necessity for TC in the first place. Probably skip this one. And the tank is plastic? Not in 2015, maybe after the vapocalypse id do it. AAAAND you can't even wash the tank? Naaaaah

Reactions: Bru2basics

Daniel Vaping

Unregistered Supplier
May 1, 2015
Las Vegas
www.eightcig.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Daniel Vaping

Unregistered Supplier
May 1, 2015
Las Vegas
www.eightcig.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I got mine yesterday! Love it so far... The ohm reader isn't right, says 0.25 instead of 1.25 but oh well... Using my old Kanger horizontal sub coils... Far less noisy than the round vert that came with it.
Glad you are enjoying it. The resistance reading being off that much is very disconcerting - especially in a temperature controlled mod.

Is it possible that the resistance was locked into the mod with the coil it came with and needs to be unlocked?

Wouldn't the old horizontal nickel coils read 0.15ohm? Thought the Kanthal coils were 0.5ohm or 1.2ohm. Where did you get 1.25ohm coils?

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Glad you are enjoying it. The resistance reading being off that much is very disconcerting - especially in a temperature controlled mod.

Is it possible that the resistance was locked into the mod with the coil it came with and needs to be unlocked?

Wouldn't the old horizontal nickel coils read 0.15ohm? Thought the Kanthal coils were 0.5ohm or 1.2ohm. Where did you get 1.25ohm coils?
It's possible it's locked, I don't know, the coil is supposed to be 1.2ohm but it reads 0.25... On my VS it's actually 1.25ohm. It's been my experience that they vary + or - .05 ohms from what they say they are supposed to be.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Thanks for the quick reply!

Maybe I'll pass after all. I'm mostly let down by the lack of stainless steel temperature control support. I wonder why they didn't bother despite the SSOCC.
Not sure, personally I don't care for temp control, what I love is that it's a rock solid device that is all inclusive with everything I need for an entire day. Love the 10ml tank!

Reactions: JimDrock

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
I'd imagine it works just as well if not better (read: Longer battery life) if you used a non subohm coil. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work with a 1.2 or 1.5 coil considering that it uses the same coils as a subtank mini and the mini comes with a prebuilt 1.2 coil. Although I think they're ramping it more towards subohm because of the TC functionality of it.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I'd imagine it works just as well if not better (read: Longer battery life) if you used a non subohm coil. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work with a 1.2 or 1.5 coil considering that it uses the same coils as a subtank mini and the mini comes with a prebuilt 1.2 coil. Although I think they're ramping it more towards subohm because of the TC functionality of it.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping...but still wonder about spitback or gurgling etc. Could be something unexpected. I've never bought a Kanger product before because of the hit and miss reputation.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Doubt you would have a lot of spit back on a tank that has a chimney a full 1/3 longer than the chimney on most tanks out there and same diameter as subtank mini. Spitback will only travel so far vertically up the chimney and I have a lot more problems with spit back on later sub tanks than I ever had on the subtank mini. Kanger coils tend to atomize more fully than other rbas and premade coils do. Vertical coils employed in nebox would tend to minimize spitback compared to the older horizontals.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Has anyone used a non-sub ohm coil with this yet? I'm specifically wondering if a 1.2 or 1.5 works well. The reviewers don't seem to be covering it yet.
I'm using the 1.2ohm square Kanger coils... Works just as it does in the subtank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread