Kanger Protank 2 plastic taste..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLEDOUT

Aug 20, 2013
Nevada
I had just received two Kanger Protank 2 in the mail today and was excited to put them to use. I had loaded it up with juice and started to vape but instantly got a nasty plastic taste. I continued to use the tank for about half an hour and the taste was still there. I tried rinsing the vape out and using a new head on it but the taste does not go away. I thought it might just be on this Protank 2 so I had tried the other one that I had ordered for a friend but same plastic taste. I have been using the Protank 1 for a while now and never had this problem at all.

Any suggestions on what to do? Or has anyone else encounter this problem with their Protank 2?

Bkag

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sounds to me like the wicking wasn't properly saturated before use. When I use a new/washed head I fill up the tank, put on the base, give it a good shake and a draws with no power to get the wicking saturated then I shoot the power at it. I'd give your heads a good wash and try this out, also another issue may be (if you are using a variable voltage/wattage mod or battery) that you are vaping at too high a setting, start low and increase the power until you get to your desired vapor production and throat hit. Hope that helps!

Cloud_King

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Orange County, California
I had just received two Kanger Protank 2 in the mail today and was excited to put them to use. I had loaded it up with juice and started to vape but instantly got a nasty plastic taste. I continued to use the tank for about half an hour and the taste was still there. I tried rinsing the vape out and using a new head on it but the taste does not go away. I thought it might just be on this Protank 2 so I had tried the other one that I had ordered for a friend but same plastic taste. I have been using the Protank 1 for a while now and never had this problem at all.

Any suggestions on what to do? Or has anyone else encounter this problem with their Protank 2?
I have never had this happen to me. What is the mix of pg/vg of your juice? The only thing I can think of is it not wicking properly because the juice is too thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread