Kanger ProTank I & II Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow vapers,

I have been vaping for a few months now and recently upgraded to an eVic and some pro tanks. The problems I am experiencing is constant leaking from both style pro tanks. It's extremely frustrating. I have bought multiple atomizers for these tanks and the guy at my local B&M says these tanks "rarely" leak; okay. Whenever my liquid is below half full it starts gurgling and won't stop and then I pull off the tank and it's leaking all throughout the bottom of the base and onto my battery head contact. Is there ANY way to fix this? I am all about constancy so having to continuously pull apart the pieces with each style tank to wipe it all down is getting tedious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I have one theory as to how a small amount of juice can come out. It all stems from how we vape. I noticed that when I use my IGO-w that when I use it I get hot gas hitting my finger coming from the vent holes. Now that means I think that i am actually blowing into it sometimes. On a dripper you get hot gas on a Bottom feed system that could mean juice and hot gas coming out the bottom at the vent hole which is down where the 510 threads are. Could be I/we are actually putting a positive pressure in the tank. Also if you vape a lot in a row the thank will heat up and you could again get pressure in the tank. I don't have that much coming out of mine but I tighten the head down good, do NOT remove the floater wick and I do not fill mine up that far. If you leave an air gap big enough I think that may help. I do have to burp mine sometimes. But a negative pressure won't cause leaks quite the opposite. IMO/E.

Pstarsr

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Santa Barbara, California
Did you remove any flavor wicks? I read some people see leaking and flooding after that.

I have two mini protanks running right now, slightly different base design but same atomizer and tube design. No leaks yet, and we suck em down to the bottom. had them about a week now.

I had one atomizer start gurgling on me yesterday, swapped it out to a new one ( it was a week old ) no more gurgling. Working fine again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Which doesn't work 50% of the time

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
As the juice goes down, the pressure changes almost always cause leaks and flooding. Nature of the beast. What I do, is at the first sound/sight of gurgling, I run a pipe cleaner down the tube. Also, I place the tank, tip down into a slot on a large sponge, remove the bottom and swab the tube. This stops the leaking dead in its tracks. Takes about 20 seconds and no more leaking, gurgling or flooding. Also, vaping at too high a temperature, particulary with the darker, sweeter juices will caramelize and carbonize the wicks, almost guaranteeing leaking, flooding and gurgling. Solved with a lower temperature (volts/Watts) vape. Keep the tank full. Since we have to turn it upside down to clear the coming leak, might as well fill it up and "re-pressurize" the tube. ALL CLEAROMIZERS LEAK. All devices will get a drop through the 510 connection from time to time. Pressure, heat, gravity, liquid, no pressure valves on a $1 - $20 device.....you're going to get some leakage, but you can prevent it from gushing by remediating the issues before they become "big leaking issues." Once you get used to doing this, it becomes second nature, and you do it without thinking, instinctively, and timely. These devices have to be maintained, cleaned between tanks, coils replaced, etc. No clearomizer is maintenance free. If you cannot abide by these realities, try a cartomizer tank. Other than an occasional drop on the battery button at the 510, a good carto/tank, will not leak, at least mine don't, and the vape is better, imho. YMMV. My two cents.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Had leaking issues with my first PT 1, but the others, PT1 and PT 2 have been fine. Higher Voltage and Wattage does cause a drop or two, maybe a condensation, but nothing serious. I never removed an extra wick, only fill the tanks at 3/4 full. Taking slow smooth draws also helps cut down gurgling.
BCC's are a bit more sensitive to movements, high temps, etc, but the pro's overweigh the con's, IMO. Furthermore, thick, dark juices always seems to mess up the coils quicker...have extra coils available. :vapor:

mokeless

Sep 13, 2013
LA, CA
This is the first time I experienced a leak on any of my tanks..a protank 2. It was so bad that it flooded that part of my provari that I can even puff from it. Is this a common thing? I cleaned the tank last night and changed the coil and the leak started at about lunch time. Earlier in the day it was working well. What could I have done wrong?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
In my case so far and looks like alot of other people, it seems to be the atomiser head itself is the problem.
Right now I just swapped around the atomisers between by vivi nova and the ptank that I have to confirm that the leaking follows the head.

the leaking started when i took off a think rubber ring that was just below the wick; that solved the burn taste problem and started the leak problem.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
The leaking on the protanks is what steered me to caro tanks like the Smok DCT and the Artemas. Since then, I've been happy!!
The protanks can work with some fiddling and adjusting, but for me, it's just too frustrating to get consistency out of them. I fill up my Artemas or Smok DCT and I don't have to worry. Consistent vape with very little adjusting or tweaking.

If you do like bottom coil clearo's though, I would suggest the Aro:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread