Kanger Protank or T3??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anticipating my ego C twist any day has me realizing an upgrade is imminent if I enjoy vaping. I have about 30 samples now on the way of e-juices from various vendors, but in reading some of the reviews for these juices I wonder how well my c twist will work. I have gotten mixes from 50/50 to 20/80 to try different ratios. I think I would like either the Vision Spinner 1300 or eGo c twist 1000, but what works best with these the Protank or T3. I am a noob so ease of use is a plus, but I'm pretty crafty and want the best vaping experience. What are the pros and cons of each??

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
I have both the Protank II and T3S, two of each. One of the T3S tanks leaks.

Protank II: Rebuildable. Removable tips. Easy to clean. Good to excellent taste/performance. Pyrex tank will not cloud or crack with certain juices. Manly design just beckons the tinkerer in you to take it apart and play with it. Airy draw takes some getting used to. Twice the cost of T3S

T3S: Non rebuildable. Plastic tank can get cloudy or crack with wrong juice. Good taste and easy draw. Slim design is pleasing to the females I know. Few parts. Inexpensive.

I prefer the Protank hands down.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
T3's to me are garbage. I'm thinking of just tossing them out. It was the first tanks I used that came with a kit of ego c twists.

If you use them constantly, they don't leak as much. The only thing nice about them is the weight on an ego (not top heavy), and finish looks nice on an ego style battery.

Not a huge fan of the protank either, but much better purchase.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I like and use ProTanks, ProTank Minis, and T3 Mini's. Have a T3S but haven't fired it up yet.

Here are some of the differences:
ProTank holds more juice.
ProTank 2, you can change and use your own drip tip, if that's something you want to do.
ProTank sometimes takes some fiddling to get it working right - including washing it when new (with soap), and maybe needing to remove some of the flavor wick.
ProTank is fatter than the battery - you flare out with a beauty ring, but it's still a "top heavy" look
ProTank is Pyrex, T3 is not - so if you want to vape flavors that require glass, there's your answer - ProTank or PTankMini!
You can use a T3 coil in a ProTank, but you can't use a ProTank coil in a T3. Really.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Wow - surprised by all the "leak" comments!
As I said, most of mine are T3-Minis - maybe that's the difference.
But I've found them TOTALLY trouble-free. I use them side-by-side with EVOD's on my Ego batteries, and the only time I can remember a leak was when I drove to about 5,000 ft. elevation with both an EVOD and a T3 on me - they both got messy (I'm gonna have to remember that when I take the ski trip I just booked for January:D).

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
I like and use ProTanks, ProTank Minis, and T3 Mini's. Have a T3S but haven't fired it up yet.

Here are some of the differences:
ProTank holds more juice.
ProTank 2, you can change and use your own drip tip, if that's something you want to do.
ProTank sometimes takes some fiddling to get it working right - including washing it when new (with soap), and maybe needing to remove some of the flavor wick.
ProTank is fatter than the battery - you flare out with a beauty ring, but it's still a "top heavy" look
ProTank is Pyrex, T3 is not - so if you want to vape flavors that require glass, there's your answer - ProTank or PTankMini!
You can use a T3 coil in a ProTank, but you can't use a ProTank coil in a T3. Really.

Ya, swapping coils on my protank and T3S caught me by surprise. Live and learn!

truen00b

Sep 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
I have both the Protank II and T3S, two of each. One of the T3S tanks leaks.

Protank II: Rebuildable. Removable tips. Easy to clean. Good to excellent taste/performance. Pyrex tank will not cloud or crack with certain juices. Manly design just beckons the tinkerer in you to take it apart and play with it. Airy draw takes some getting used to. Twice the cost of T3S

T3S: Non rebuildable. Plastic tank can get cloudy or crack with wrong juice. Good taste and easy draw. Slim design is pleasing to the females I know. Few parts. Inexpensive.

I prefer the Protank hands down.

Nice bit of info there! Some plastics will crack and get cloudy with certain juices! Namely banana and apple! A quick google search of plastics and ejuice interaction will give you more!

Well it looks like a protank it is now what about best suppliers, how many should I order, what about replacement parts, and is the mini better in any way?? Do both need a mod to work with a vision spinner 1300?

I have watched videos on how to clean and replace coils but the wick scares me is it that expensive to just buy the head/wick/coil new?

Protank or T3?

I personally haven't used the T3 however I do own and use an MT3S and I own a couple of Protanks. Aside from there physical differences, which have been explained above, they are both fine tanks. My MT3S has performed very well over the last 5 months and I appreciate it's simple construction and ease of use. However, I have read many posts of issues with the T3 series of tanks. Maybe I've been lucky! It does have a nice slim form that looks great with an ego stick and the T3S series do hold an ample amount of juice for the average vaper.

The Protank has been a solid performer. I have had little to no issues with these tanks and would have to say that I probably favor them over all others. Despite their glass tank construction, they have been damage free nearly 4 months now even in some pretty grueling conditions at work and play. Like many other tanks available, these are simple to use and maintain. I haven't heard of as many problems in the forums about these tanks and their popularity in the shops tends to indicate that their form and function are fit for the masses. For the ego stick enthusiast, beauty rings may be found the smooths the transition from the slim ego battery to the girth of the Protank. Personally I like the look of the Protank on the slim ego stick.

I might suggest get them both. It's always good to have an extra tank loaded with your favorite juice when you come home after a hard day. If you decide later that you favor one over the other, then at least you have decided based upon experience and first hand knowledge (not that the forum members would ever offer poor advice). We are all here to help each other and besides... this is only my opinion.

If you're set on one or the other... get the Protank. It has a slightly larger capacity and has served very well for very many.

Live long, and vape on!

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
oh and resistance since I am not confident enough to rebuild the heads myself yet which head is better 1.8 or 2.4 resistance. Total noob here, lol

I've read where one is better than the other for certain liquids, probably has to do with viscosity but I don't know. I think the 1.8 heats up faster than the 2.4 and requires less voltage to heat up. I have both and adjust my voltage to get good taste and throat hit.

Woot! 100 posts and counting...:rickroll:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I think the mini or pro tank is the way to go I just don't want some huge honk'in appendage like thing to smoke out of lol. I am a girl with tiny hands and want to use this at work without looking like I am smoking an illegal substance. What are your favorite vendors??

Well, if these things matter to you a) buy a mini Protank, not the bigger one and b) you can put it on anything.

As I've inferred, I am simply not using any of my old clearomisers any more, they are all finished, ready for the bin, spares or a newbie.

I used them on any/all of my batteries.
Smallest is a mini eGo (400mAh) - those two together are very discrete.
My work-a-day batteries are 1300 Spinners.

I use mods and an eVic at home....with larger tanks sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread