• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanger Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
I actually thought subtank was awesome. Was using the v2 rba with the circular hole at the side of the chimney. Hahaha This is coming from a guy with goblin mini!
Subtank is awesome actually... Simple fast and effective... Only some people are not effective to use it... =p

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Subtank is awesome actually... Simple fast and effective... Only some people are not effective to use it... =p

Bought for my friend subox set to make him quit smoking and was staring at how to assemble it. Riptripper video was using the v1 rba where there's juice channels. The subox i got was v2 with dual circular hole at the side of the chimney. Using my experience wicking goblin, I managed to not make it leak the first try round. I might get a SS subtank just because of simplicity and also for the OCC (for lazy days)

Last edited by a moderator:

ezjayy

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
Bought for my friend subox set to make him quit smoking. (AND NO, I WON'T GIVE OUT MY SOURCE) and was staring at how to assemble it. Riptripper video was using the v1 rba where there's juice channels. The subox i got was v2 with dual circular hole at the side of the chimney. Using my experience wicking goblin, I managed to not make it leak the first try round. I might get a SS subtank just because of simplicity and also for the OCC (for lazy days)

Hence thats why you can never forget the STM.. simple, reliable, fuss free..

Last edited:

roy69

Sep 23, 2015
Nebox has TC right? yes I do afraid the tank cracks = change whole set

How much longer can a nickel/titanium coil last than a kanthal coil anyway? Sorry ar cos I am quite a busy person so looking for low maintenance haha

Mine going for a week liao. Rewicked and brushed the coil on the 3rd day. TC (with nickel/nichrome/ti of course) is da bomb

AceFireBug

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2015
Somewhere out there...
The subox + subtank mini is one of the most easiest to use and maintain. Most likely would be perfect for your hectic but must maintain lifestyle.

But thats what we ALL say at first. Hang around long enough here then you know..
Yup.. Definitely agree with @ezjayy on this.. Thats the reason I use and keep my subox set at work.. Bought and additional mini rba plus to do quick change at work in case flavour muted or burnt cotton taste.. Then the used rba bring home and redo built.. So far works for me.. Mentality of an occ (quick change) but the low cost of an rba.. LoL..

Reactions: ezjayy

caasing

Nov 20, 2015
I was experiencing quite abit of leakage both from airholes and through the glass during first week of using the subtank mini with the RBA plus. This was with very haphazard wicking.

After youtubing on how to stop dry hits with the Subtank mini, I started using the Pancake method which is know for causing even further leakages as the juice channels are not covered and are instead encouraged to be left open, allowing juice to flow in easily. This can result in juice just flowing in and into the airholes if not wicked properly.

However ever since I started the pancake method, I have ensured that I am careful with my wicking, always making sure that I push the cotton down despite allowing it to be fluffy so that juice doesn't flow into the airhole.

caasing

Nov 20, 2015
The dry hit problems are no longer existent for me and I haven't had any leakage problems.

The only existing problem for me now is the spitting to the back of the throat. Haven't found a way to counteract that but I'm guessing that's part of VVVW? Maybe with a TC mod this problem won't exist if anyone can educate me? Also can I work a Evic VTC mini with my subtank mini and Kanthal 0.6ohm in TC mod?

Sorry double post. Cheers!

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
The dry hit problems are no longer existent for me and I haven't had any leakage problems.

The only existing problem for me now is the spitting to the back of the throat. Haven't found a way to counteract that but I'm guessing that's part of VVVW? Maybe with a TC mod this problem won't exist if anyone can educate me? Also can I work a Evic VTC mini with my subtank mini and Kanthal 0.6ohm in TC mod?

Sorry double post. Cheers!

1. Spitback means there's too much juice on the coil. Maybe you are using too low wattage
2. It's not part of VVVW or TC. It's part of wicking
3. Kanthal don't work in TC. Nickel/Titanium/Stainless Steel wire for TC
4. TC mode can work with any tank and any mod that support TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread