• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanger Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
sorry to hijack the thread...

what do you guys think about the NEBOX kit vs subox kit?
Only diff is nebox all in one no way to change tank and allows you to settle profile setting

Not much diff, you get one you don't get the other. Depends on your needs

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

caasing

Nov 20, 2015
Hi guys.. Not too clear on all this electrical stuff yet but I managed to figure out a little.

However when you guys say that you're vaping on 25W+, let's say your coil is built at 0.6ohms or less. Isn't that a safety problem since the battery is drawing at greater than 3.7V? I'm using the stock battery given to me.

Edit: I'm using the kanger subox starter kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
However when you guys say that you're vaping on 25W+, let's say your coil is built at 0.6ohms or less. Isn't that a safety problem since the battery is drawing at greater than 3.7V? I'm using the stock battery given to me.
Most regulated devices have what's called "boost and buck" circuitry. That means it will boost the battery limit higher or buck it lower. It allows you to put in a freshly charged 4.2v battery in your device and vape at 6.4v or 3.7v. (or whatever volts are required to produce the watts you set it for in VW mode).

From a safety standpoint whats important is your batteries continuous amp rating. For a regulated mod, in VW mode, you calculate the max current draw as Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage. Min battery voltage is usually calculated using 3.2 volts (this is the point your mod will no longer fire).

The subbox requires a 20A CDR battery to operate safely through the whole range of wattage/voltage.

caasing

Nov 20, 2015
Most regulated devices have what's called "boost and buck" circuitry. That means it will boost the battery limit higher or buck it lower. It allows you to put in a freshly charged 4.2v battery in your device and vape at 6.4v or 3.7v. (or whatever volts are required to produce the watts you set it for in VW mode).

From a safety standpoint whats important is your batteries continuous amp rating. For a regulated mod, in VW mode, you calculate the max current draw as Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage. Min battery voltage is usually calculated using 3.2 volts (this is the point your mod will no longer fire).

The subbox requires a 20A CDR battery to operate safely through the whole range of wattage/voltage.

Thanks for your reply Susan. Are there any recommended batteries for 20A CDR? I looked at the 18650 Sony VTC4 2100mah. Any opinions on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thanks for your reply Susan. Are there any recommended batteries for 20A CDR? I looked at the 18650 Sony VTC4 2100mah. Any opinions on that?
Great 20A battery that can be pushed to 30A based on @Mooch's recent battery tests. Though if you would like more run time you could go with the LG HG2 (a 3000 mAh battery) if it is available in SG.

Here are some other options as well for 20A batteries (in descending mAh):
  • AW 3000 mAh 20A CDR
  • LG HG2 3000 mAh 20A CDR
  • Samsung 30Q 3000 mAh 20A CDR
  • Sony VTC5 2600 mAh 20A CDR
  • LG HE2 or HE4 2500 mAh 20A CDR
  • Samsung 25r 2500 mAh 20A CDR
The mAh stands for milli-Ampere-hours and indicates how much electric charge the battery can provide. For example, if you discharge your battery through a circuit that requires 1 milli-Ampere of current it will last 2100 hours before the battery runs down (if the mAh of your battery is 2100). The higher the mAh, the longer your battery will last before it needs charging.

If you are interested in learning more about batteries check out some of @Mooch battery blogs. He's one of ECF's battery experts as is widely known for his battery testing blogs.

Here are links to some of his blog posts:

Last edited:

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Only diff is nebox all in one no way to change tank and allows you to settle profile setting

Not much diff, you get one you don't get the other. Depends on your needs

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Also, nebox have polycarbonate tank. Poly carbonate are known to crack when used with citrus juice or juice that is acidic.

oddblob

Nov 16, 2015
In a way, yes. It's basically a technology in some mods that allows you to control or limit the temperature the coil is allowed to heat up to.

Just so you know..Shoebox and Nehbox no have TC capabilities. I recommend the Evic VTC Mini or Ipvd2 if you'd like small form factor mods with TC.

Nebox has TC right? yes I do afraid the tank cracks = change whole set

How much longer can a nickel/titanium coil last than a kanthal coil anyway? Sorry ar cos I am quite a busy person so looking for low maintenance haha

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Nebox has TC right? yes I do afraid the tank cracks = change whole set

How much longer can a nickel/titanium coil last than a kanthal coil anyway? Sorry ar cos I am quite a busy person so looking for low maintenance haha

Kanthal can last quite long if you dry burn and apply a bit of water. If you need low maintenance then get a subtank. They have premade occ coils for when you are lazy to rebuild.

ezjayy

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
My subtank leaks at the air flow control area even though im using their occ, got so annoyed with it and due to people influencing me to get the bellus i got it and man no regrets

Sent from my lovely vape heaven
Why you never pang chance STM one.. never try rewicking or swapping out the o-rings?

Reactions: Karstine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread